Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

Coaches, by league rule, are not allowed to comment on the status of the player in concussion protocol. Also, the player is not to made available to reporters. So it's not BS.

And I don't think that it's a significant advantage to not be sure who the starter is. It's probably not as complicated as people think. It's not like we change the playbook.

I'm not sure how significant it is; however, there is a distinct difference in preparing for Allen vs Barkley

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Let's be honest here. You want him to sit, because you don't like the guy. Bottom line. All these other little ancillary reasons you're coming up with are so you can feel good about thinking that.

Let's be honest here. You want to believe I hate Allen so you can justify completely disregarding anything I say regardless of whether it has merit or not.

I'm straight up telling you I want Allen to succeed. I'm forming my opinion on the subject of sitting/playing him Sunday based on what I think is best for him long-term as the team's starter, but rather than accept that perhaps we may have differing opinions you perform mental gymnastics to fit your anchoring bias -- that I want Allen to sit because I hate him because that's what you first thought and so you're sticking to it. It's a huge reach and definitely incorrect. You seem to also be exhibiting hostile attribution bias. Anyone with a critical view of Josh must be out to get him. It's ridiculous. 

Edited by VW82

Just now, VW82 said:

Let's be honest here. You want to believe I hate Allen so you can justify completely disregarding anything I say regardless of whether it has merit or not.

I'm straight up telling you I want Allen to succeed. I'm forming my opinion on the subject of sitting/playing him Sunday based on what I think is best for him long-term, but rather than accept that perhaps we may just differ in opinion you perform mental gymnastics to fit your anchoring bias -- that I want Allen to sit because I hate him because that's what you first thought and so you're sticking to it. It's a huge reach and definitely incorrect. You seem to also be exhibiting hostile attribution bias. Anyone with a critical view of Josh must be out to get him. It's ridiculous. 

Man, I'm just going on your post history. It ain't hard.

If you're NOW claiming you want him to succeed, great. But let's not pretend you've been that way for a while.

3 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

When someone starts throwing numbers around you know that they don’t have a leg to stand on.

I’ll try this again in this thread. 

The McCoy release only makes sense if the aim is to release one player with greater talent over another with obviously less talent. That’s it.

Keep your “but, but, but, Shady might not have accepted a lesser role happily.” WTF cares? Let The Process take care of that one. If It cannot then it isn’t worth much. Is it?

Were they “doing good” for a guy who had carried the load and asked to be released?  If that’s what The Process is about then it needs fixed.

Was McDermott “doing a solid” for his buddy Mozart? I sure hope that debts incurred be The Process don’t go back that far.

They, Beane and McDermott, left a hole in the roster. To put it succinctly, they ***** up. They sent talent away and kept lesser talent.

Dude, seriously??

First of all, that is the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever read on this forum and I’ve been here a long time. Those numbers are accurate, and if they aren’t, by all means prove that they are wrong. Prove that anything I stated is inaccurate. 

Second, where in that post did I EVER state an opinion one way or the other regarding whether we should have or shouldn’t have kept him??  I merely stated facts, in response to a previous post, that implied no money was saved and thus was an irrelevant factor. This was false. But then again, I’m just throwing numbers around and I guess we all now know what that means. ?

Brownie says Josh is in stage 4. 

Edited by BuffaloBob

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Per Chris Brown, Allen will take a test tomorrow morning to determine if symptoms have returned. If so, he stays in stage 4 or goes back. If not, next step is to be cleared by team doc and then independent neurologist 

I am wondering if he has no symptoms tomorrow morning, can the team doc and independent neurologist assigned to the team clear him the same day? meaning he can practice tomorrow if cleared?

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Per Chris Brown, Allen will take a test tomorrow morning to determine if symptoms have returned. If so, he stays in stage 4 or goes back. If not, next step is to be cleared by team doc and then independent neurologist 

YAS

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Are we trying to win, or save money?

And I thought Ralph was cheap.

If we had Shady we very well may have won Sunday. Once Gore got up there in carries and we couldn't run because Coach McDermott doesn't trust Yeldon, Shady probably would have broke one on the last drive ala snow game and Bucs game in 2017.

But at least it didn't hurt our cap space.

Where are the reading comprehension skills??  

I merely pointed out in response to another post implying that no money was saved that there was in fact money saved. Where in my post did I opine in any way regarding the  decision to release him? ?

Edited by BuffaloBob

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

I don't play Allen this week regardless.  Barkley can beat the Titians, so give Allen the bye week to rest and more fully recover from the concussion.

No. If the neurologist clears him and he has no symptoms he plays 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Man, I'm just going on your post history. It ain't hard.

If you're NOW claiming you want him to succeed, great. But let's not pretend you've been that way for a while.

No, you're not going by my post history. I challenge you to find any post of mine where I say I hate him or want him to fail. When I'm critical, it's because of something specific I've observed with his play on the field. You're taking those criticisms of his play and inferring that I must hate him and want him to fail. It's illogical. 

I'd understand your position better if you argued that I don't think he's any good. There's definitely evidence in my posting history of that -- for the record, I think he's raw and wild, but has incredible talent. It's anyone's guess at this point if he'll be good.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

No. If the neurologist clears him and he has no symptoms he plays 

WHY IS THIS SO FRIGGIN HARD FOR PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND????

ITS NOT LIKE ITS A GD HAMSTRING!!!!

ITS EITHER YOUR CLEARED OR YOUR NOT!!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2