Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

?   Matt didnt start against the pats?

To me its about Motor being ready.....we dont even lose that game if Devin plays imo

No, he didn’t but there were major OL issues . I don’t think Vrabel will be concerned about Barkley destroying him in the air when he’s rushed. I fully expect him to show a lot of the same things that were effective vs the Bills offense. I like Singletary, but I’m not ready to call him a difference maker just yet. 

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

?   Matt didnt start against the pats?

To me its about Motor being ready.....we dont even lose that game if Devin plays imo

What makes you think that? Gore ran really well. Yeldon caught the ball well out of the backfield. I think the turnovers by Josh and then Josh exiting the game led to the loss. Just curious why you think Devin makes the difference in that game

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I saw that as well. Sounds like a late night TV pitch: Miracle cream helps prevent concussions!  OTOH, the post hit nasal spray sounds a bit more realistic, at least to me.

Gronk brand CBD oil rub. "I'm not just the owner. I'm a client!"

FFN-KM-KIDS-CHOICE-SPORTS-07142016-52122

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

What makes you think that? Gore ran really well. Yeldon caught the ball well out of the backfield. I think the turnovers by Josh and then Josh exiting the game led to the loss. Just curious why you think Devin makes the difference in that game

I went back and looked at something I picked up on during the game to reaffirm.

Gore had excellent runs but he tired....and when he did they dint trot Yeldon out there....they ran Josh on designed runs....I FIRMLY believe that they dont do those runs if they had a fresh back that they felt could make plays......keeping Gore fresh....when Josh started throwing picks I firmly beleve Debol brings it back to the vest because our D was holding Brady and company in check.

This is not a knock on Gore...he simply is not a 25 carry back any more

AND

Its Motor.....every time he touches the ball something good happens.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gore had excellent runs but he tired....and when he did they dint trot Yeldon out there....they ran Josh on designed runs....I FIRMLY believe that they dont do those runs if they had a fresh back that they felt could make plays......keeping Gore fresh....when Josh started throwing picks I firmly beleve Debol brings it back to the vest because our D was holding Brady and company in check.

AND

hmmmmm interesting. Def could be something to that. Good take. 

51 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just sit him out this week and protect the franchise.

THis is why you get the veteran QB who can come in and win 3 games a year for you but is not a starter.  I believe Matt Barkely is that guy.

I don’t get this at all. If they clear him, why sit him? It’s an independent neurologist if I recall correctly. If he’s clear, you put your best guys on the field. We need him. Even with all the bone headed hero ball plays, he’s our best shot. We go as far as he takes us, same as it’s always been. 

2 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

I don’t get this at all. If they clear him, why sit him? It’s an independent neurologist if I recall correctly. If he’s clear, you put your best guys on the field. We need him. Even with all the bone headed hero ball plays, he’s our best shot. We go as far as he takes us, same as it’s always been. 

If its iffy or there is a question i would rather he sits because he gets the benefit of 2 weeks off with the bye.

I dont like Josh not playing any more then anyone else.....Josh is my guy

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

If its iffy or there is a question i would rather he sits because he gets the benefit of 2 weeks off with the bye.

I don’t think it will be an “iffy” decision because the protocol and it steps  are very clear cut. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Just sit him out this week and protect the franchise.

THis is why you get the veteran QB who can come in and win 3 games a year for you but is not a starter.  I believe Matt Barkely is that guy.

Sit him out even if he is healthy?  Why?

Barkely has been in the league since 2013 and hasn't won 3 games in his career, what makes you think he can win 3 in one season?

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Allen is still in protocol do they bring Davis Webb up to backup Barkley?

Who gets cut/waived?

I’d say yes, they would bring him up. Someone could go back to PS or the last guy on the roster gets waived, possibly to return later. 

18 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I get that, and I also don’t want anything bad or long term to happen to Josh either. I’m with you there. However, I don’t think he clears protocol unless he’s actually cleared from all symptoms. So he would be healthy. If he doesn’t clear, he doesn’t play. 

Thing is, even clearing the protocols means limited reps. Barkley will get his reps, within the gameplan and Josh will probably not be allowed to do stuff while still in it.

’Good to go’ doesn’t necessarily mean the best option. If he’ s ok, then it might be best for him to be the backup for the next game. If need be, he can always be brought on, as it wouldn’t really be being benched.

4 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Thing is, even clearing the protocols means limited reps. Barkley will get his reps, within the gameplan and Josh will probably not be allowed to do stuff while still in it.

’Good to go’ doesn’t necessarily mean the best option. If he’ s ok, then it might be best for him to be the backup for the next game. If need be, he can always be brought on, as it wouldn’t really be being benched.

Your point could come into play depending on when he would be cleared.

If it's not until Friday they may sit him as a backup.

46 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

AND

I thought the same thing but then caught myself bc Allen has been pretty fumble prone this year as well.

With all this concussed talk, im surprised no one brought up the time (against the Steelers maybe?) That Kelly had sustained a concussion and as he was calling his own plays proceeded to to call the same play 3x in a row. The players thought it a bit odd, but it was a different time. He probably shouldnt have been in the game at that point. Kelly has actually had a few good stories of being knocked silly over the years. He told them in a way that was funny,  but now that its such a sensitive issue its prob poor taste.

27 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Your point could come into play depending on when he would be cleared.

If it's not until Friday they may sit him as a backup.

Yep.   If Josh doesn't practice Thursday, he'll sit on Sunday...

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yep.   If Josh doesn't practice Thursday, he'll sit on Sunday...

Let him sit.  If ever there was a week when he needs a full week of practice it's this week.  He's got a lot of work to do and a few extra days of no contact from that injury isn't a bad thing.  Barkley can run the offense.  Hopefully they get a healthy Singletary back. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t think there will be anything iffy in this protocol. They don’t mess around with head trauma anymore. He will either be cleared to play or he won’t. 

• Like (+1) 1