Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I just hope this isn't Trent Edwards 2.0, lead the bills to a good start then get rocked with a concussion and never be the same

I think that was just Trent. In the Kelly-Marino generation, I’m sure QBs used to sustain concussions at a similar frequency as now. As players, they turned out just fine. 

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I just hope this isn't Trent Edwards 2.0, lead the bills to a good start then get rocked with a concussion and never be the same

The game following his concussion was the best of his career.

He just sucked once teams took away the cheap stuff 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

rewatching the hit that sent JA out, no way in hell there should not have been an ejection. the player CLEARLY sss.... Stops, Sizes up, and Springs forward. 

I'm sorry, but I don't see it that way, at all.  Against the rules?  Absolutely.  Malicious intent?  I don't see it.

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I Do. stops. sets. springs forward. intent. I disagree with you, and many national pundits. its on film. jmo

If the game happened in slow motion like it does in replays, I'd be with you.  But it's much faster than that in real life.  I respect your opinion and I'm guessing my opinion represents the minority.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

If the game happened in slow motion like it does in replays, I'd be with you.  But it's much faster than that in real life.  I respect your opinion and I'm guessing my opinion represents the minority.

I respect yours as well. my point is he did not try to go another route. he stopped. he set. he sprung. no doubt this is a game of violence and quick reactions. but that was set up and delivered. I'm no expert bro, just see it as it is. You can see him spring into action, while already in the grasp. again...jmo

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

What sucks is this Titans game could potentially have huge wildcard implications... We gotta win this game

I would be very surprised to see the Bills lay an egg in Tennessee.  Even with Barkley under center. This defense is one of the most ridiculous Ds I've seen in a long time. I expect Mariota to have a very Mariota day.

• Like (+1) 3

I fully believe the Patriots targeted Allen. I know that's a big assertion. The reason I say it is because 4-5 plays later a different player took a behind the back cheap shot at Barkley on that trick play where he didn't even have the ball. Does anyone really think the ultra disciplined Patriots would take 2 15 yard penalties on a potential game winning drive without a coaching directive? I don't. I think they said gang tackle and if you have a shot to take him out, do it. They did. I think we should just start taking our liberties with Edelman, White,  and Brady from here on out. 15 yards be damned.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I would be very surprised to see the Bills lay an egg in Tennessee.  Even with Barkley under center. This defense is one of the most ridiculous Ds I've seen in a long time. I expect Mariota to have a very Mariota day.

I wouldn’t be completely surprised by a loss with Barkley under center. We need Allen if possible. This D is elite, but Barkley is quite capable of losing 6-3. An Allen led offense at least gets in the end zone. With our offensive talent (or lack thereof) a “game manager” QB makes me very nervous. I know that’s exactly what some people want after Allen’s early season debacle, but be carful what you wish for. I don’t love our chances with Barkley against anyone, with the exception of Miami and Washington. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Trent became captain checkdown after his concussion. Maybe Allen will check down more than run back and air it out every time of get sacked.

but seriously, the plays how they got concussed are totally different.

Trent was in the pocket and got smoked by a blitzing safety. He never saw it coming.

Allen got rocked while running the ball. He should have at least known something was coming. 

Totally different scenarios. 

2 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Trent became captain checkdown after his concussion. Maybe Allen will check down more than run back and air it out every time of get sacked.

Trent was in the pocket and got smoked by a blitzing safety. He never saw it coming.

Allen got rocked while running the ball. He should have at least known something was coming. 

Re watch it....

He was being tackled by another defender and protecting himself from that tackle....this defender come in from the other side and lowers his head.

The only think Josh did wrong was be a athletic running QB......which is part of his game so he isnt going to change it....he has already been staying in the pocket much more then last year (and actually experiencing growing pains from that)

11 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

Trent always checked down, before and after the hit. He did it all the time in college, too, because his line was awful and he got battered in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I fully believe the Patriots targeted Allen. I know that's a big assertion. The reason I say it is because 4-5 plays later a different player took a behind the back cheap shot at Barkley on that trick play where he didn't even have the ball. Does anyone really think the ultra disciplined Patriots would take 2 15 yard penalties on a potential game winning drive without a coaching directive? I don't. I think they said gang tackle and if you have a shot to take him out, do it. They did. I think we should just start taking our liberties with Edelman, White,  and Brady from here on out. 15 yards be damned.

Why didn't any player stand up to the player that layed the hit to Allen.