Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

so what are the odds he plays next week?  jogging to the locker room he seemed with it but the next day is usually the worst right? 

because he wasn't staggering and had to be put into a wheelchair is no sign he is ready to take the field.

43 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

going into the tent... while stable, his eyes looked a little off.. of course I've also said they he has beady eyes  lol 

Jogging off the field, yeah he looked OK. 

On a scale of 1 to Adam Gase, just how “off” did his eyes look? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

It will have to wait until Brady, Mahomes, Brees, or Rogers gets knocked out of a playoff game on a play with offsetting penalties.  THEN we'll get a rule change.

those men aren't stupid enough to run into 2 men in the secondary standing straight and tall

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Yeah concussions are tricky.  He was probably running on adrenaline jogging off the field.  Eventually that's going to wear off.  That's the part the public does not get to see.

If the Bills think he is their long term QB they shouldn't rush him back.  That was a brutal cheap-shot he took. Error on the side of caution, but my coaching job is not on the line.

"If" they think he is their long term QB? Sorry one game against a very good defense, where the a young QB reverted to some old habits, does not change anyone's mind about who their franchise QB is. They took away our best weapon just like they always do, Josh Allen is our best weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

35 minutes ago, FriendlyFire said:

Good morning. I know it's my first post as a TwoBills guest but I wanted to stop by and see how Allen was and what the fans were saying?

It was tough to watch. But I'm glad he seems to be doing well.

I understand my view of it won't be popular but here goes. It will get a fine as it should but it wasn't malicious. I think Allen getting caught from behind a split second before the hit restricted his movement just enough so he could not protect himself as a runner and Jones was committed. It was a bang, bang play. I don't see what either player could have done differently. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens sometimes. I believe 99% of players never like to see another player hurt. It's their livelihood and health at risk. They are a brotherhood when all is said and done. Again I'm very, very happy that Allen appears to be recovering well.

As far as the game it was interesting to say the least. The Bill's D was impressive especially the D line. They brought pressure consistently. It will be fun to see where each team is at when they play again December 22nd.

Until then best of luck. 

This is a respectful and reasonable take but I put it to you this way:  if #12 threw the ball while Hughes was “committed” to hitting him and drove him into the turf, would you say there was nothing Hughes could have done differently?  Or would you say the onus is on Hughes to perceive that the ball is thrown and avoid as best he can?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So glad the Pats fans are here to educate us and tell us how we should admire Jones for playing that way.  A lot of what I've heard has come off as defense lawyers protecting their client.

Looking at the hit again from some other angles, I can see why they didn't eject but don't hand me any crap about Jones not trying to hurt Allen.  I won't buy it and I base my judgement on what I saw and how the defender reacted... just my opinion. 

As for Pats fans and what they think - stop the presses! -  these are the same folks that defended Gronkowski going WWE on Tre.  Probably thought Wilfork was blocked into JPs knee, too, and that Rodney Harrison never hit anyone late.  I can only assume that those that stop in here to "enlighten" us do it for the attention... probably get no replies to their insights in Patriot land.

1 hour ago, FriendlyFire said:

Good morning. I know it's my first post as a TwoBills guest but I wanted to stop by and see how Allen was and what the fans were saying?

It was tough to watch. But I'm glad he seems to be doing well.

I understand my view of it won't be popular but here goes. It will get a fine as it should but it wasn't malicious. I think Allen getting caught from behind a split second before the hit restricted his movement just enough so he could not protect himself as a runner and Jones was committed. It was a bang, bang play. I don't see what either player could have done differently. It's one of those unfortunate things that happens sometimes. I believe 99% of players never like to see another player hurt. It's their livelihood and health at risk. They are a brotherhood when all is said and done. Again I'm very, very happy that Allen appears to be recovering well.

As far as the game it was interesting to say the least. The Bill's D was impressive especially the D line. They brought pressure consistently. It will be fun to see where each team is at when they play again December 22nd.

Until then best of luck. 

If you wanna say it wasn’t malicious, and there wasn’t intent to injure, and that it was just a football play...fine. I could be with you....

Until, Jones celebrates / flexes / says something over Allen’s obviously unconscious body. That - right there - shows me there was intent. Just like POS Landry celebrated over Aaron Williams after needlessly lighting him up. Brotherhood, my ass.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was up last night with a crying 7 week old baby boy, trying to get him back to sleep. Many of you know at that moment you are trying to do whatever you can to soothe the child while not losing your own sanity. 

My mind wandered to Allen. 

i know Allen makes great money and loves the game and everything else. I thought about how he was feeling at that moment.  I hope Josh was able to get some rest and is feeling better. Of course I hope this as a fan but first and foremost as a person. Concussions can be horrible, keeping you up and giving you terrible headaches. At that moment money and fame doesn’t matter, just the pain.

Get better big guy! 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

Just throwing this out there but there was another play where Barkley was wrapped up and another defender (not sure who) had a very similar shot at him and he totally eased up. No doubt in my mind that would have been QB no. 2 done for the day. Anyone else see that?

24 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

So glad the Pats fans are here to educate us and tell us how we should admire Jones for playing that way.  A lot of what I've heard has come off as defense lawyers protecting their client.

Looking at the hit again from some other angles, I can see why they didn't eject but don't hand me any crap about Jones not trying to hurt Allen.  I won't buy it and I base my judgement on what I saw and how the defender reacted... just my opinion. 

As for Pats fans and what they think - stop the presses! -  these are the same folks that defended Gronkowski going WWE on Tre.  Probably thought Wilfork was blocked into JPs knee, too, and that Rodney Harrison never hit anyone late.  I can only assume that those that stop in here to "enlighten" us do it for the attention... probably get no replies to their insights in Patriot land.

These same fans went to the wall for a murdered in Aaron Hernandez....

17 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

If you wanna say it wasn’t malicious, and there wasn’t intent to injure, and that it was just a football play...fine. I could be with you....

Until, Jones celebrates / flexes / says something over Allen’s obviously unconscious body. That - right there - shows me there was intent. Just like POS Landry celebrated over Aaron Williams after needlessly lighting him up. Brotherhood, my ass.

Not just celebrating, look at his hands. His fists were clenched and shaking like hurting people gets him off.

22 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

It was a cheap shot,  maybe not intended, but a cheap shot.  No amount of post-play analysis of angles, player speed, intervening players, or turf traction quotient makes it any different.  A cheap shot.

It was deliberate IMO. It was not obvious from the first camera angle, but there was another that I think maybe Yolo posted where we saw the defender lead with his helmet with great velocity at the last minute. No doubt what was going on in terms of his decision,  Al Riveron says that this did not rise to the level of deserving a suspension. That's another reason why I'm sure it was. Al Riveron has somehow found a way to always be wrong, as he was again on one of the Allen pick reviews. 

35 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

There's a lot of adrenaline flowing but once there's realization of an injury I'm with you in that there is zero tolerance for celebration. I just watched and didn't see any celebration. There is absolutely a brotherhood amongst most players. Many have known each other long before becoming professionals.  They are part of the same union and looking out for each other is in their best interest. I'm saying the same as you "that it was a football play". I don't think there was intent to injure and he wasn't happy the Allen went down in anyway. I respect your opinion and wouldn't try to change anyone's view of the play. I guess that's part of what makes us love this game so much. There's such a fine line evolving so many different scenarios that there always room for debate. The most important thing in this case is it looks like Allen is okay. As a fan I don't wish injury on anyone and like to see the best possible players for both teams on the field at all times.

Edited by FriendlyFire