Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, Chill said:

How about act like a qb and slide. Lowering your head for extra yards is just asking for injury. Pretty dumb for a second year qb. He shouldn’t have even been in that situation, a series of dumb decisions put him at risk. 

Thats the key word here, risk. He shouldn’t be exposed to this type of danger. 

I’m starting to come across the word dumb more and more when people talk about Josh Allen’s game. He’s reckless at times but I think he will learn and play smarter.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I’m starting to come across the word dumb more and more when people talk about Josh Allen’s game. He’s reckless at times but I think he will learn and play smarter.

Dumb is just an adjective that could be replaced with any other word describing lack of intelligence. Today was extraordinary.   

I’m hopeful he will learn to play smarter, his team and fans depend on him.  He has the potential to be great. 

40 minutes ago, Chill said:

How about act like a qb and slide. Lowering your head for extra yards is just asking for injury. Pretty dumb for a second year qb. He shouldn’t have even been in that situation, a series of dumb decisions put him at risk. 

Thats the key word here, risk. He shouldn’t be exposed to this type of danger. 

I suppose you are going to ignore where he says Brady also does this?

43 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Off topic, but did anyone see the hit M. Peters ( Rams DB) took when returning a pick six today vs Tampa Bay ?...he got absolutely destroy by a Oline guy.....I am surprised he got up.....that hit looked awful...

One of the hardest hits I recall seeing. Like a truck and a Mini Cooper colliding full speed.

1 hour ago, Iron Maiden said:

Off topic, but did anyone see the hit M. Peters ( Rams DB) took when returning a pick six today vs Tampa Bay ?...he got absolutely destroy by a Oline guy.....I am surprised he got up.....that hit looked awful...

That was frightful.  He literally could have been killed.

3 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Saw that too. Teammates had to lift him up an basically carry him off.  He’s got 180 vs 300 lbs full speed blasted. 

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Me thinks this thread isn’t actually about updates anymore... 

Your question of the continuity of this thread is not an update.. .my pointing this out isnt much of an update either. I would apologize but that too would not be an update. Back to the arguing about the concussion guys. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Your question of the continuity of this thread is not an update.. .my pointing this out isnt much of an update either. I would apologize but that too would not be an update. Back to the arguing about the concussion guys. Sorry.

So what’s the update?

Just now, Putin said:

So what’s the update?

I hope Josh is feeling better today. Its all I have.

3 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

To be honest... cole beasely just stood there and watched allen run. He was in front of allen and could have blocked the guy who hit him, but if you watch replay beasely is literally just standing there doing nothing the entire time allen is scrambling. 

Why???

Just saw it on the news. Cle was not in a place to make a block. Josh was tied up and then the hit came. Literally seconds to react and he would have had to run around the tackle (clean one) to make the block

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even if it is not intention to hurt..... if the NFL wants to stop helmet-to-helmet, it has to be consistent.

You lay your helmet into another player’s helmet making a tackle, you’re gone.

Agreed, and anyone who says it wasn't dirty need only look at the db's reaction.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

It was 3rd down in the 4th Quarter down 6.   Nobody is sliding there. 

SOMEbody would.  I have a memory of it happening in a Bills game....but can't remember who it was.  Similar situation and I think the quarterback stepped out of bounds....and we were furious (as we should be).  You play to win the games. Maybe it was Kyle Orton?  Seems it was about that time period.

7 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

SOMEbody would.  I have a memory of it happening in a Bills game....but can't remember who it was.  Similar situation and I think the quarterback stepped out of bounds....and we were furious (as we should be).  You play to win the games. Maybe it was Kyle Orton?  Seems it was about that time period.

It was Kyle Orton. He was all but retired at that point, self-preservation was his approach.

Edited by KellyToTasker

22 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Agreed, and anyone who says it wasn't dirty need only look at the db's reaction.

Exactly. The way he flexed and was proud of himself was terrible. That starts with his coaches. The league won’t send a message but it should. One of the young yo and coming QB’s is victim of a blatant helmet to helmet. 

The league needs to worry less about Tom, he is on his way down in a hurry. Put as much protection in the young guys, they are the future of the league. Tom is the past, by end of the year we will all see it.

25 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Exactly. The way he flexed and was proud of himself was terrible. That starts with his coaches. The league won’t send a message but it should. One of the young yo and coming QB’s is victim of a blatant helmet to helmet. 

The league needs to worry less about Tom, he is on his way down in a hurry. Put as much protection in the young guys, they are the future of the league. Tom is the past, by end of the year we will all see it.

Vegas had their fingerprints ALL OVER this game. Bills covered the spread and the game was well under the 47 points anticipated! It was a rigged game for the house! 

Does anyone have a step by step chart of the concussion protocol and what is needed to pass each stage?

I'm wondering if like the first stage is to wait  a few days, which right there might kill Allen's availability for Sunday.  I'm not at all confident in Barkley and Allen needs to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible so this defense is not wasted.

9 minutes ago, Josh_Allen said:

Does anyone have a step by step chart of the concussion protocol and what is needed to pass each stage?

I'm wondering if like the first stage is to wait  a few days, which right there might kill Allen's availability for Sunday.  I'm not at all confident in Barkley and Allen needs to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible so this defense is not wasted.

Here you go.

https://www.playsmartplaysafe.com/newsroom/videos/nfl-head-neck-spine-committees-concussion-protocol-overview/