Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

Just now, AmishRifle said:

I concede your point.  Different views of the same car wreck.  He looked out to me.  

Yeah he was definitely ko’d. Pretty dumb to put himself  in a situation like that. Hopefully he doesn’t miss any time. 

3 minutes ago, Chill said:

Yeah he was definitely ko’d. Pretty dumb to put himself  in a situation like that. Hopefully he doesn’t miss any time. 

Fighting for a first down and a guy took liberties outside the rules. I still want a QB that can fight for yardage, just a cheap shot and he will have to concede earlier by giving himself up. Love the fight in him though. 

5 minutes ago, Chill said:

Throwing the picks may classify as dumb mistakes.

Fighting for a first down and presuming that players will not deliberately try to knock him out with an illegal helmet to helmet does not.

• Thank you (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I’m not sure they let him get up without a stretcher under those circumstances .

Or run into the locker room the way he did.   Or hang around after the game, even though he couldn't speak to reporters...

10 minutes ago, Chill said:

How is that dumb?  There’s literally nothing any player can do if someone wants to drill them in the head as they’re getting tackled.  

Even Brady has run head first to try and get first downs in spots like that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How is that dumb?  There’s literally nothing any player can do if someone wants to drill them in the head as they’re getting tackled.  

Exactly and he will do it again and again. It’s part of his game. It’s part of why he’ll always be at risk for injury but fortunately he seems to be able to take a hit better than any other QB I’ve seen. Thing you have to consider is how many critical first downs have you seen him get for us by sacrificing himself just like he did there? 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How about act like a qb and slide. Lowering your head for extra yards is just asking for injury. Pretty dumb for a second year qb. He shouldn’t have even been in that situation, a series of dumb decisions put him at risk. 

Thats the key word here, risk. He shouldn’t be exposed to this type of danger. 

Edited by Chill

4 minutes ago, Chill said:

How about act like a qb and slide. Lowering your head for extra yards is just asking for injury. Pretty dumb for a second year qb. He shouldn’t have even been in that situation, a series of dumb decisions put him at risk. 

Oh ***** off!!!! 4th quarter down 6 and he tried to make a play. It was a dirty hit, that’s all it comes down to.   It’s part of Allen’s game and is part of the reason we are 3-1 right now. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Chill said:

It was 3rd down in the 4th Quarter down 6.   Nobody is sliding there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It was 3rd down in the 4th Quarter down 6.   Nobody is sliding there. 

Yup. Exactly.  Just a bad situation.

Hopefully he doesn’t miss any time. He has to play smarter, no more sacrificing mind and body. 

Edited by Chill
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Exactly and he will do it again and again. It’s part of his game. It’s part of why he’ll always be at risk for injury but fortunately he seems to be able to take a hit better than any other QB I’ve seen. Thing you have to consider is how many critical first downs have you seen him get for us by sacrificing himself just like he did there? 

Cam could take hits early in his career. But all those hits add up. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Chill said:

He’s shouldering the responsibility of making something happen to drive down and win this game!! Like the Leap in Minnie, he does what he does as a competitor, and I applaud him for that. But I guess he should’ve known the Pats would go all Greggo on him with the cheap shots. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I don't think he was out cold...

You could see him make sure to get 2 hands on the ball on the way down

He was definitely knocked out cold.  I could clearly see it immediately.  He went down and did not move at all until after the trainers got to him.   If you watched carefully you can see where he wakes up after they turned him over.  I’m certain that’s what I saw. 

22 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Off topic, but did anyone see the hit M. Peters ( Rams DB) took when returning a pick six today vs Tampa Bay ?...he got absolutely destroy by a Oline guy.....I am surprised he got up.....that hit looked awful...

I just saw it.  Holy  cow!  He got hit by a Mack truck and he never saw it coming.  That was so brutal.  I think Peters was out cold too.