Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Exactly!

Crybaby was nothing special today, and he looked bad on the interception to Hyde.

Honestly, the Cheaters offense was nothing special today.

What a waste of a great performance by our defense. :censored:

...and he was inches away from Edmunds taking a pick six to the end zone.  

Shoulda, woulda, coulda....but Brady was handled effectively today.    

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Watching that clip above do you still think there is any question he was head hunting? You're easily one of the most level headed non-homer posters here. 

I’ll preface that I think intent is one of the hardest things to judge. Especially sitting on a couch 1000 miles away judging split second occurrences in the heat of battle. 

That said, the last video went a long way to reconfirming a few of my memories of the situational aspects of the play that I thought were true but wasn’t 100% sure of...

3rd and 8 in the 4th quarter and crossing mid field in a 6 point game on the road. The defender is camped essentially EXACTLY at the sticks above the receivers routes and I’m positive (if not today, all offseason) was told “stand 8 yards deep and so help you god if anyone gets by you” because that first down is likely the difference between a punt and likely at minimum a FG attempt. 

If he doesn’t hit Allen hard there, it’s a VERY good chance at dragging the other defender to a first and a likely shot at points soon after. If he stops him, it’s a drive ended.

Dude is 8 inches shorter and 60 lbs lighter than Josh who is running at him and known to be both powerful and elusive. 

I think he wound up to hit him as hard as he could at center of mass to stop him in his tracks and when he turned his shoulder a little and Allen started falling low and inside a bit it went from bad to very ugly. I think that he rode the adrenaline of the monster hit and protecting the line and celebrated without having any idea that josh was staying down. 

I think for me a final judgement would rest on the guys reputation. If he intentionally took Joshs head off, extending the drive that might’ve been done and putting them in FG range with no promise he even rattles Josh.... it’s a really dumb play.

For me Occams says he was just a small guy laying his hardest hit on a big guy at a bad angle. If he does that often I’m glad to say he’s a dirty player and it wasn’t just a bad hit.

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

You jackass.

Would you have the same reaction if that was Brady?

We all know Pats fans are cool with the hit.  No surprise there.  

I am surprised that Pats fans are so bored with winning that they have to hang out on other teams' sites to get good football conversation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sandhill Mike said:

I am surprised that Pats fans are so bored with winning that they have to hang out on other teams' sites to get good football conversation.

Their sites have way more action than here....

On 9/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, Chris66 said:

First of all Brady would have slid. Allen is going to have short career if he keeps playing like that

Then second of all, hopefully the next time Brady slides, someone hits him the same way that he hit Allen today and ends his career.  I can hear the collective gasps in New England

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
way too vulgar

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Then second of all, hopefully the next time Brady slides, someone hits him the same way that pus*y hit Allen today and ends his career.  I can hear the collective gasps in New England once you all take your Brady dildos out of your mouths. 

If Allen would have slid instead of trying to pick up that yard he would have been available for thebend of the game.

3 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

Everyone hates Pats fans, they really only get to converse with each other IRL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, biLLyBuFFs said:

not to sound callous, but the kid did that to himself.  He tried running loosely around dudes trying to take that shot.. he HAS to understand smart football situations in the NFL. 

he'll last about as long as a Kolb mat slip if he keeps doing that ish

He tried to gain the 1st down. For all his balls, he would have slid otherwise like he's done many times. It was 3rd down and he was close so he went for it. Then he got held up and vulnerable to a vicious hit... that happened. I don't think he lacks football sense.

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

If Allen would have slid instead of trying to pick up that yard he would have been available for thebend of the game.

He wanted that first down so bad that he made a bad decision there.  I appreciate the heart but I don't want to see him pulling that Elway stuff on a regular basis.  I do think he will learn from it.

6 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

So he deserved a helmet to helmet hit?  GTFO  NOW

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Pats radio guys said after Allen’s 3rd pick “he’s made some of the DUMBEST throws they’ve EVER witnessed.” When you think of Allen does the word dumb come to mind? I can’t wait till week 16. 

Week 16 is going to be absolutely NASTY.  Hyde needs to target.  I am so pissed about all this.

You can bean a guy in baseball, you can target in hockey and there is absolutely nothing we could do outside of a Gregg Williams style bounty which is insane.  

• Haha (+1) 1