Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Already going down is fine, the helmet to helmet hit is absolutely forbidden and NOT fine, at all. I’ll be disappointed when his fine is too small, and he avoids a suspension. I hate to even think this way, but what would happen if there were a blatant cheap shot that caused Brady to miss games? 

Fines and such on this are pretty standardized I believe (haven’t kept up closely, but roughness penalties are a CBA negotiated amount/schedule to my knowledge). 

Unless deemed far outside the norm, it would be the same penalty. 

Edited by NoSaint

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Fines and such on this are pretty standardized I believe (haven’t kept up closely, but roughness penalties are a CBA negotiated amount/schedule). 

Unless deemed far outside the norm, it would be the same penalty. 

Watching that clip above do you still think there is any question he was head hunting? You're easily one of the most level headed non-homer posters here. 

I’ve rewatched this play about 10 times on ESPN. Two problems I have with the play: #1 WR downfield blocking: Beasley & Brown both know they have a mobile QB, when they clearly see Allen running they watch and don’t engage the defenders who were in man coverage. Once Allen runs they can block for him downfield. If Beasley engages, Allen is likely spared from a big hit. #2 the hit itself. Notice the defender drops his leverage and leads helmet first instead of with his shoulder pads. He looked to deliver maximum damage, and flexed & celebrates afterwards. No regard for player safety and should have been thrown out of the game.  

662059DD-9F4D-402D-8B20-CD7F1A961497.jpeg

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Love the effort but he has to take care of himself out there 

Please tell us how Allen is supposed to protect himself from an opposing player who looked very intent on targeting and using his helmet as a weapon.....

The league needs to look into that kind penalties. No way a holding should offset that dirty hit on your QB. This is BS. Gronk last year on White and now this?!

When are we going to respond to this?? Time for an eye for an eye hockey style. Enough is enough! 

Edited by MtlBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, BuffaninATL said:

Please tell us how Allen is supposed to protect himself from an opposing player who looked very intent on targeting and using his helmet as a weapon.....

If Allen doesn’t take off and try to make a play when the coverage is good and the rush breaks through, may as well have Barkley in there. No thanks. 

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Scumbag Pats. Belichick will get up there at his presser and make light of it. That player for the Pats should miss as many games as Allen does. And get fined $100k

Thats what we all said about Gronkowski.

In reality, the fine is chump change for them.. they knocked out a starting QB.. there will be no major repercussions.. there will be no payback.. they continue to own us. 

This does not sit well with me... and as compassionate as I can be, I would have zero sympathy if someone separated Tom Brady’s arm from his body. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

If Allen doesn’t take off and try to make a play when the coverage is good and the rush breaks through, may as well have Barkley in there. No thanks. 

sorry, I think you're off the mark on this one. Our O-line struggled and gave up at least 3 sacks, maybe more. Allen should be afforded the chance to run at times without fear of some a-hole going helmet to helmet.

3 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

The league needs to look into that kind penalties. No way a holding should offset that dirty hit on your QB. This is BS. Gronk last year on White and now this?!

When are we going to respond to this?? Time for an eye for an eye hockey style. Enough is enough! 

You know a response just isn’t going to happen. Never does. 

Part of me was hoping that the Pats would put the game out of reach, and we took a major shot on Brady at that point. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Pegulas don’t have to take this stuff lying down - speak up!  This is their asset and their fanbase and if they’re tired of it and have a pulse, they should do something about it.

Yep.

$1M bounty on that m’fers head works for me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:21 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

The Pegulas don’t have to take this stuff lying down - speak up!  This is their asset and their fanbase and if they’re tired of it and have a pulse, they should do something about it.

I wish!!  But Pegula doesn’t seem like the type to raise hell...  Kraft will find a way to own him in the process, [vulgarity excised] That Patriot way. 

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
way too vulgar
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I was amazed that he was able to hold onto the ball after that hit.

If you look close as he falls to the ground his hands go in a clawed position which I assume is a fencing response to the concussion - he falls on his arms and the ball when he goes down

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

true.  Overall he was much, much smarter with the ball than Allen was today.  (No real surprise, but still...)

Was he really that much better, though? 

Tom Brady averaged 3.8 yards per attempt, his lowest rate in a win in his career, per @ESPNStatsInfo. The Buffalo defense is for real.

— Rich Cimini (@RichCimini) September 29, 2019

Look, Allen was awful.  Brady was almost just as bad.