Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think he intentionally tried to go helmet to helmet. But... that said... his reaction to Josh being down could have easily been the same whether he did or didn't try to hurt him. I don't think that shows anything. I do think he tried to take off Josh's head. 

Perhaps.  Cheap shot in any case, and the point is moot, since he was not ejected and will likely only face a minimum fine, if any.  If that same play had happened to Brady there is no question the player would have been ejected.  The NFL is a joke and it seriously ticks me off that players continue to get away with play that could seriously injure and possibly end a career.  With no consequences, why not take the opposing QB out?  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

If the dude has any reputation for it, I’ll concede it fast

but he also just stopped a 6’5 and 240 lbs horse dead in his tracks. I think quite a few guys have that reaction after a massive hit that they “win” in a major moment. 

I dont think there was much thought beyond “stop that dude” and “hell yea I stopped that dude”

It was the definition of leading with his helmet. I’d not have been disappointed if that DB was carted off on a stretcher because he couldn’t move after that hit. Absolutely awful and he deserved to injure himself, 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

but he also just stopped a 6’5 and 240 lbs horse dead in his tracks. I think quite a few guys have that reaction after a massive hit that they “win” in a major moment. 

I dont think there was much thought beyond “stop that dude” and “hell yea I stopped that dude”

Did you miss KVN hit Barkley illegally after the Brown lateral?

Remember last year Gronkdipshit trying to knock White’s head off after the whistle? Brady trying to take out Ed Reed’s knee on a slide? I don’t know why it’s even a question that the Patriots will deliberately try to injure important players in close games. They don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt imo

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Josh was already going down = cheap shot period! 

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Q:  Where are we?  Allen:  Buffalo 

Q:  Who am I?         Allen:  You’re the coach.

Q:  Who are you?   Allen:  I’m Batman.  

doc: what’s 2 plus 2

concussed player: four, doc...

coach: doc, give him another chance to show he is okay!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NFLBighits said:

Already going down is fine, the helmet to helmet hit is absolutely forbidden and NOT fine, at all. I’ll be disappointed when his fine is too small, and he avoids a suspension. I hate to even think this way, but what would happen if there were a blatant cheap shot that caused Brady to miss games? 

36 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

And if anyone is confused about the intent, see the KVN personal foul on Barkley. 

NE clearly made multiple attempts to injure both QBs. That's who they are and how they play, and the NFL let them get away with it scot-free today, as usual.

35 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Meanwhile our guys never do

Good juxtaposition of The Process vs The Patriot Way.

"Be the best you can be" vs "Do what you can get away with" 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Already going down is fine, the helmet to helmet hit is absolutely forbidden and NOT fine, at all. I’ll be disappointed when his fine is too small, and he avoids a suspension. I hate to even think this way, but what would happen if there were a blatant cheap shot that caused Brady to miss games? 

firing squad by Goodell.

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

If he was knocked out cold he would have fumbled that ball. You lose control of all physical functions including holding onto a football.

That's not a definite indicator of being knocked out, though.  Kirk Cousins, for example, loses control of all physical functions when he's complete conscious.

12 minutes ago, NFLBighits said:

Actually, he wasn't, which was the problem.  He was being held upright, which allowed the NE player to tee off on him.

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, DC Tom said:

That's not a definite indicator of being knocked out, though.  Kirk Cousins, for example, loses control of all physical functions when he's complete conscious.

Constantly. And then gets signed to huge contracts. It's kind of a remarkable trait. You have to hand it to him for that. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

We know what the league's response would be if this happened to Brady