Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

My hunch is that he's not playing next week. When you see an apparent concussion that violent, you have to put football to the side momentarily and consider the kid's long term well being. 

**** it, let's just call the press conference today. Following in Luck's footsteps Josh Allen has decided to retire quoting fan concerns over his health as his main motivation. Wouldnt that be our "Luck" when we find a franchise QB with a GOAT cannon and possible GOAT scrambling abilities? 

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

9 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I haven’t rewatched but in the moment I thought it was more trying to protect the first and stop him in his tracks more than intend to kill him. Yea he’s wrapped but if the big athletic guy carries another couple yards it could be game changing so I’m going to stop him in his tracks  

Here you go if you want to rewatch . It is a straight helmet to helmet. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, NoSaint said:

I didn’t say it was a clean hit. I said I thought his intention was to not allow another foot gained. In that context there were few ways to stop him in his tracks the way they were coming together. 

its still a bad hit but maybe I’m giving the guy too much credit and he was focused on the injury. 

I'm not saying his intent was to injure. I'm saying that Josh was held up and he chose to lower his head to hit Josh in the helmet. He could have gone lower, he could have hit with shoulder. To me he was head hunting. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

No way. He got up and was celebrating. He knew it was Allen, knew it was the QB, took the big shot at his helmet and got up all proud of himself. And, he should be, he was told all week if you can get a shot on Allen running go for it!

And if anyone is confused about the intent, see the KVN personal foul on Barkley. 

NE clearly made multiple attempts to injure both QBs. That's who they are and how they play, and the NFL let them get away with it scot-free today, as usual.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, thebandit27 said:

And if anyone is confused about the intent, see the KVN personal foul on Barkley. 

NE clearly made multiple attempts to injure both QBs. That's who they are and how they play, and the NFL let them get away with it scot-free today, as usual.

Meanwhile our guys never do

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I haven’t rewatched but in the moment I thought it was more trying to protect the first and stop him in his tracks more than intend to kill him. Yea he’s wrapped but if the big athletic guy carries another couple yards it could be game changing so I’m going to stop him in his tracks  

Might have a point if he hadn’t stood over him and flexed...he was trying to injure him there 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Here you go 

Once JAs helmet starts going down, and given jones position on him... there was almost no legal strike zone to truly stop forward progress. 

I dont doubt he wanted wanted to lay lumber but it’s also late in the game and if I recall was relatively near the first down marker. If Allen drags a guy 3 yards extending a drive... it’s an absolutely ugly hit and needs to be penalized but it’ll be tough to eliminate from the game completely. 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Once JAs helmet starts going down, and given jones position on him... there was almost no legal strike zone to truly stop forward progress. 

I dont doubt he wanted wanted to lay lumber but it’s also late in the game and if I recall was relatively near the first down marker. If Allen drags a guy 3 yards extending a drive... it’s an absolutely ugly hit and needs to be penalized but it’ll be tough to eliminate from the game completely. 

LOL he could have hit him literally anywhere from the neck down, he just decided to go high and try to knock him out of the game. Not hard to see

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not saying his intent was to injure. I'm saying that Josh was held up and he chose to lower his head to hit Josh in the helmet. He could have gone lower, he could have hit with shoulder. To me he was head hunting. 

The tricky part in live time is josh going down and to the inside. Lowering a shoulder into his chest on his original path puts a helmet into his helmet once he starts going low and inside of him.

again, not arguing it’s clean, or a good hit but I think a tougher spot than some acknowledged in a split second with a lot of moving pieces and a goal of ending forward progress 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

**** it, let's just call the press conference today. Following in Luck's footsteps Josh Allen has decided to retire quoting fan concerns over his health as his main motivation. Wouldnt that be our "Luck" when we find a franchise QB with a GOAT cannon and possible GOAT scrambling abilities? 

Relax.

8 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You're trying way too hard to give benefit of doubt,  and defend the indefensible. 

Edited by TtownBillsFan

Trying to explain that hit as anything but deliberate intent to injure is ridiculous. These guys are NFL athletes, they’ve played football at the highest level for a long time...that was 100% cynical hit to the head. 

The ‘where was he s’posed to hit him?’ stuff is BS

• Thank you (+1) 1