Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

Just now, Artem Lipatov said:

I have bad remenescences. We had season start with Trent Edwards 4-0 or 5-0 than the similar helmet to helmet KO.

Then season was lost. And Edwards turned to Checkdown.

Trent had the “check down mentality“ before that hit. He just lost his nerve after that. I don’t think we need to worry about that as far as Josh is concerned. 

1 minute ago, Artem Lipatov said:

I have bad remenescences. We had season start with Trent Edwards 4-0 or 5-0 than the similar helmet to helmet KO.

Then season was lost. And Edwards turned to Checkdown.

Stop. Trent was never that good, and the hit didn't ruin him. There's no comparison between Trent and Josh.

Trent had no passion for the game; Josh lives to compete.

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Mojo44 said:

Well, for what it’s worth, I am a doctor and I have assessed traumatic brain injuries many times. A brief little Dash like that is completely non-diagnostic. I hope I’m wrong. Why so snarky?

Because if I am wrong the Bills medical staff and trainers should all be fired immediately for letting the kid run off the field unassisted.

Would you not agree, Doctor?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Nothing against Barkley, but we need 17 back for next week.  And Singletary.  This is a very important game.

He’s in the protocol, and I think the average for that is over a week. Plan on no JA for TEN game and very possibly a loss. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s in the protocol, and I think the average for that is over a week. Plan on no JA for TEN game and very possibly a loss. 

We almost beat the Patriots with ***** QB play.

I’ll take Barkley and very possibly a win.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yep. That is intention to hurt. Classic example. 

I haven’t rewatched but in the moment I thought it was more trying to protect the first and stop him in his tracks more than intend to kill him. Yea he’s wrapped but if the big athletic guy carries another couple yards it could be game changing so I’m going to stop him in his tracks  

17 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Frankly, I’m surprised he wasn’t ejected. I fully expect a big fine and possibly a suspension. There was no need for that as Allen was already under tackle.

Like the Gronk hit on White? Pats and the NFL are just another reason why I am considering forgetting football exists. 

..NO WAY IN HELL will I ever doubt this kid's moxy, drive, initiative, bawls to the wall  "I'm gonna be the Bills franchise QB" mindset......he is WE and not ME....BUT...like his cannon arm which is being trained to be a finesse, underneath game, he need to slow his adrenaline pump  to trust the "other 10"......he wants Bflo to be THE best but it takes time son.......we have patience and so must YOU.....

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I haven’t rewatched but in the moment I thought it was more trying to protect the first and stop him in his tracks more than intend to kill him. Yea he’s wrapped but if the big athletic guy carries another couple yards it could be game changing so I’m going to stop him in his tracks  

He led with his helmet. To helmet. It's the first thing that hit and Josh's head went shooting back. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He led with his helmet. To helmet. It's the first thing that hit and Josh's head went shooting back. 

That's where I'm at. Maybe he wasn't head hunting, but it sure looked like it. Unnecessarily violent hit while his teammate was already on his way to wrapping him up. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

I didn’t say it was a clean hit. I said I thought his intention was to not allow another foot gained. In that context there were few ways to stop him in his tracks the way they were coming together. 

its still a bad hit but maybe I’m giving the guy too much credit and he was focused on the injury. 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

No way. He got up and was celebrating. He knew it was Allen, knew it was the QB, took the big shot at his helmet and got up all proud of himself. And, he should be, he was told all week if you can get a shot on Allen running go for it!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1