Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, Motor26 said:

Why is Knox not more involved in the offense? All he does is come up with big plays. Instead we have to watch Lee Smith steal snaps from him cuz he’s a lunch pail dude.

Same reason Singletary didn’t get more touches when he was healthy. Daboll is part of the problem with the offense stalling each game. 

21 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Same reason Singletary didn’t get more touches when he was healthy. Daboll is part of the problem with the offense stalling each game. 

We're smart enough to select good players like Singletary, Knox and Duke but just dumb enough to use them sparingly or not at all?????

5 hours ago, Billsturfwars said:

Their Forums has a huge headline photo of Allen getting knocked out.. very classy Pats fans Classy Patirots Fan Forums ; and another thread about how LINK the hit wasn't dirty and Allen NOT Jones is to blame,

I literally created an account to share this disgust. 

I thought NFL fans where more sane than this.

This shows that they know this is more of a rivalry now than the last 17 seasons

It would have been sweet had the Bills WON.  They didn't and there are 12 more games to WIN. 

a great defensive effort spattered with a few good offensive plays.  

Time to focus on the Oilers, I mean Houston, I mean Nashville, I mean the Tennessee Titans and Marcus Mariota! 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

Question for fans who were there today or at any recent game vs NE....Why does it look like, at least on TV that there's A LOT of Pats fans at the games ?.....I'm talking in what looks to be in      almost all lower sections with Brady or Edleman jerseys....it's driving me nuts !! Are there NE fans really all over the stadium ?                        

Yes, there were lots of them all over the stadium hanging out in small groups.  Like 2 to 3.  

From what I can tell most of the fans are Canadians who pull for the front runners. I had two in the sears right next to me, a young married couple from Syracuse.  I met another from Brazil of all places.   I saw young some young kids wearing Pats* gear with parents wearing Bills gear. 

Then there are the real New Englanders, they have that air of superiority and you can hear their accents when they brag.   

That was the best the Bills have played the Pats since the 2003 31-0 game.

I know "W" is what counts and all... but this team is playing the long game.  It was generally thought that the Bills arent "yet" at the Pats' level... but they were the better team, by a lot.  

The Pats' O was completely hapless.  They could do nothing.  The Bills O actually wasnt terrible.  Just giveaways which were devastating, but they are preventable/fixable.  

If Hauschka hits that field goal at the end of the half, the Bills win.  

And yes, the hit on Allen was upsetting... as is the offsetting penalty standard.  However, the Bills/Allen cant keep going out there and risking hits.  If its not concussions, itll be a blown knee.  If not that, separated shoulder, if not that, Collarbone.  These hits and injuries take a toll.  Look at Brady.  He is a master at taking as little contact as possible.  It is smart.  We need a QB who can win a game with his arm and mind.  If there is an opening, take it and run, but make sure you slide or get out of bounds.  

• Like (+1) 3

From what I recall from being at the game and seeing the whole field.  

1.  Sacks-   The sacks we gave up were a team effort.  First the blocking was bad and JA was confused, then when there was time there was hardly anyone open.   Finally, there were a few times where JA was running around looking but not seeing the open man - holding the ball way too long.  

2.  Refs - as usual the Pats* had the benefit of the calls.  Pass interference was let go, flags were picked up.  There were  times when the Pats* had penalties and the Bills were also flagged.   Each of these times hurt the Bills and helped the Pats*.  The helmet hit to JA being the worst.  The pick play, and getting away with it, is an example of Patriot influence on the rules.  It may be a new rule, but no ref is going is going to overturn a pass interfere call, or non call.  It will be a rare event, they don’t want their judgement on penalties questioned.  

3.  Coaching - Daboll was completely out coached in the first half.  When he appeared to put in the correct adjustments at halftime  the Pats*  answered by taking out JA.  Special teams was completely out coached on the blocked punt.   The players did not know what to do, Bellichick took advantage of a first year ST coach.  Time outs by the Bills were wasted by lack of preparation, confusion, and the end to challenge key plays (see refs).  Even the pre game charade played by Bellichick’s son show you the Pats* were looking for any and every edge.  

4.  Talent - Buffalo was just as much talent, and maybe even better young talent.  However players like Zay Jones and Smith (TE) strike me as liabilities.   Would like to see more Knox and Sweeney and Singletary in the future.  As good as Gore is, not having Shady or Singletary just makes things harder on JA.  We need more impact players on offense and much  less of Smith and Jones.   The Defense was outstanding and made Brady look pedestrian yesterday.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I made this account to come over and say two things...  

1.  Your defense is freaking legit.. you held our offense to almost nothing and got zero support from your offense.. I have not seen Brady that uncomfortable in quite some time.. even when he was not sacked, he felt constant and consistent pressure from your rushers.  

2.  Josh Allen initiated contact with his helmet whether you want to admit it or not.  I hope he passes protocols and comes back with a vengence.. your defense deserves some support...  https://t.co/0rc5YkIDs1

Take Care,

DD

Edited by DoubleDeez
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, DoubleDeez said:

1.  Your defense is freaking legit.. you held our offense to almost nothing and got zero support from your offense.. I have not seen Brady that uncomfortable in quite some time.. even when he was not sacked, he felt constant and consistent pressure from your rushers.  

2.  Josh Allen initiated contact with his helmet whether you want to admit it or not.  I hope he passes protocols and comes back with a vengence.. your defense deserves some support...  https://t.co/0rc5YkIDs1

Take Care,

DD

Tomatoes Tomahtoes

If you want to take a finite frame and decide that its his fault and that makes you sleep better bc you are a Pats fan, fine. In the overall context when watched at full speed, its dirty and a penalty was called accordingly. 

That said, hopefully this turns into a rivalry rather than being an automatic 2 losses. 

Ive posted on opponents message boards dont get me wrong... but i wonder why you felt it was important enough to come and compliment and then try to clear the air by placing blame on the qb... feeling guilty??;)

Lastly, credit where its do, you werent ignorant in stating your opinion. Scott Zolak however... how does he still have a job? Most media personalities dont swear at people on twitter, kind of a bad look. How does dude still have a job? 

Edited by gobills1212

34 minutes ago, DoubleDeez said:

Take Care,

DD

Get out of here bro. If a player did that to Brady they would be suspended multiple games. Wouldn't matter if it was Aaron Donald or JJ Watt. They'd be gone. 

Just a cursory initial review of the game tells me that, in addition to poor decision making by Allen, we have serious flaws in our pass protection schemes. The O line looked just as confused as Allen and, again, I have to give credit to Belichick for his designs and to his players for their ability to execute them at such a high level. 

We can expect to see much of the same from here on out until we show we can solve it. I’d like to see us break the huddle faster and get to the LOS with at least 15 seconds on the play clock to allow more time for pre snap reads and adjustments. There is also no variation in cadence as well and Allen is too easy to get a jump on as a result. 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

That was the best the Bills have played the Pats since the 2003 31-0 game.

I know "W" is what counts and all... but this team is playing the long game.  It was generally thought that the Bills arent "yet" at the Pats' level... but they were the better team, by a lot.  

The Pats' O was completely hapless.  They could do nothing.  The Bills O actually wasnt terrible.  Just giveaways which were devastating, but they are preventable/fixable.  

If Hauschka hits that field goal at the end of the half, the Bills win.  

And yes, the hit on Allen was upsetting... as is the offsetting penalty standard.  However, the Bills/Allen cant keep going out there and risking hits.  If its not concussions, itll be a blown knee.  If not that, separated shoulder, if not that, Collarbone.  These hits and injuries take a toll.  Look at Brady.  He is a master at taking as little contact as possible.  It is smart.  We need a QB who can win a game with his arm and mind.  If there is an opening, take it and run, but make sure you slide or get out of bounds.  

W isn't all that counts

but it's far more important than pct completions and WHIP and BAPIP and FEE FO FI FUM that certain folk like to bore us with

11 hours ago, Billsturfwars said:

Their Forums has a huge headline photo of Allen getting knocked out.. very classy Pats fans Classy Patirots Fan Forums ; and another thread about how LINK the hit wasn't dirty and Allen NOT Jones is to blame,

I literally created an account to share this disgust. 

I thought NFL fans where more sane than this.

He is right.

https://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/

https://www.patsfans.com/

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Just a cursory initial review of the game tells me that, in addition to poor decision making by Allen, we have serious flaws in our pass protection schemes. The O line looked just as confused as Allen and, again, I have to give credit to Belichick for his designs and to his players for their ability to execute them at such a high level. 

We can expect to see much of the same from here on out until we show we can solve it. I’d like to see us break the huddle faster and get to the LOS with at least 15 seconds on the play clock to allow more time for pre snap reads and adjustments. There is also no variation in cadence as well and Allen is too easy to get a jump on as a result. 

The tackles looked awful. Wasn't much interior pressure, it was all coming off the edge. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Motor26 said:

The tackles looked awful. Wasn't much interior pressure, it was all coming off the edge. 

True. That may be a simple case of just getting owned by superior athletes, but that should have been adjusted to, regardless. 

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

From what I recall from being at the game and seeing the whole field.  

1.  Sacks-   The sacks we gave up were a team effort.  First the blocking was bad and JA was confused, then when there was time there was hardly anyone open.   Finally, there were a few times where JA was running around looking but not seeing the open man - holding the ball way too long.  

2.  Refs - as usual the Pats* had the benefit of the calls.  Pass interference was let go, flags were picked up.  There were  times when the Pats* had penalties and the Bills were also flagged.   Each of these times hurt the Bills and helped the Pats*.  The helmet hit to JA being the worst.  The pick play, and getting away with it, is an example of Patriot influence on the rules.  It may be a new rule, but no ref is going is going to overturn a pass interfere call, or non call.  It will be a rare event, they don’t want their judgement on penalties questioned.  

The PI flag that was picked up was picked up for the right reason. It was an awful throw (five yards behind the receiver) and unarguably uncatchable.

It's very disappointing to hear that the coaches drill Allen about making the smart play, and then he turns around and makes a half dozen or more dumb plays in a game.

Can he correct this behavior...sure.   Will he...who knows.

PS If this was Peterman instead of Allen at QB for the Bills yesterday, 95% of the posters here would be on standby with torches and pitchforks.

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Bob in STL said:

Eventually we've got to stop blaming the refs. This loss was on Josh and the special teams. Josh making poor decisons. Hauschka missing a field goal 5 yards back because Allen took a sack. Why Bojo is on an NFL roster. 

Edited by Motor26