Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Makes no sense.

Knox didn't see the field until the last drive of the 2nd half, when we marched down the field for a field goal attempt.

He needs a lot more snaps.

If you're going to play Smith, you might as well play an extra lineman. Everyone knows he's no threat to catch the ball. 

Well it worked for Jason Peters, why not try Smith out on the OL ?

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

375 yds to 225. 23 first downs to 11. 5 more minutes of possession.... 

ugh. This shoulda been our day.... the more I dig into it the more sick I get over it. 

Agreed.

We had no business losing today. 

Take away the turnovers and we should have won comfortably. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Makes no sense.

Knox didn't see the field until the last drive of the 2nd half, when we marched down the field for a field goal attempt.

If you're going to play Smith, you might as well play an extra lineman. Everyone knows he's no threat to catch the ball. 

And when Kroft comes back he will receive even fewer snaps. Knox has legitimate ability as a vertical tight end, and he is a beast with the ball in his hands. Sweeney should be seeing snaps over Smith.

Question for fans who were there today or at any recent game vs NE....Why does it look like, at least on TV that there's A LOT of Pats fans at the games ?.....I'm talking in what looks to be in      almost all lower sections with Brady or Edleman jerseys....it's driving me nuts !! Are there NE fans really all over the stadium ?                        

41 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The defense promptly three & outs the Patriots and forces the punt.  The Bills have the ball at their own 39 yard line.

Two quick plays gain 6 yards and the Bills face a 3rd & 4!  Allen masterfully gets the pats to jump offside giving us the 1st down.  He also throws a deep ball taking advantage of the free play.  Wait, no 1st down because the Bills are called for holding on that play! 

Okay, so we have a do over.  Allen pulls the ball down and runs for 6 yards and a first down at the Pat's 48 yard line!  Wait, no 1st down as we get a SECOND freaking holding call.  Now it's 3rd & 14 and off course we don't convert.

There was also a series earlier where the offensive line took back-to-back penalties, cost the Bills about 30yrds of field position, put their down/distance behind schedule and led indirectly to Allen's first pick.

That unit killed multiple Bills drives and was absolutely gawdawful today.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Question for fans who were there today or at any recent game vs NE....Why does it look like, at least on TV that there's A LOT of Pats fans at the games ?.....I'm talking in what looks to be in      almost all lower sections with Brady or Edleman jerseys....it's driving me nuts !! Are there NE fans really all over the stadium ?                        

Secondary market opportunists sell to enemy fans. It’s a disgrace. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

They turned the ball over 4 times, had a punt blocked for a TD and lost by 6. The refs had little to do with the Bills losing the game.

I’m not saying they earned or deserved to win. However the last time we beat the Patriots at home Brady threw 4 INT’s and still almost won that game as well. They happen and it’s part of the game. We had a chance to win the game still. Several chances really. We got some calls in our favor and some not. I get it. But the game could have gone our way. Even with the turnovers. Penalties make a difference. That play alone could have been the game clincher. It just seems typical that it wouldn’t go in our favor. Just like the hands to the face calls that seem to be ignored. Pats get a lot of breaks. Maybe it’s just luck if the Irish. 

52 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Imagine the level of the Barkley talk if Yeldon makes that catch and Bills win.

I’d rather not imagine it. There’s a silly segment of fans that love to root for backup QBs and less talented players than the starters. I’ve never understood the fascination. Barkley is fine in his role, that’s about it. 

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Secondary market opportunists sell to enemy fans. It’s a disgrace. 

It is a disgrace.  Buffalo sports fans are known for it. Sabres season ticket holders re sell their tickets all the time. The point of being a season ticket holder is to go to the games cause you're a fan. Not to re sell them to make money. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Makes no sense.

Knox looks better and better every week— and seems to almost get bigger and stronger too! That late catch he had from Barkley was another big strong catch. 

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

Why is Knox not more involved in the offense? All he does is come up with big plays. Instead we have to watch Lee Smith steal snaps from him cuz he’s a lunch pail dude.

Its the same treatment Singletary was given the first couple games. 

Edited by BananaB

1 hour ago, MDH said:

That first holding call on Dawkins is inexcusable. It’s a free play, you don’t hold to protect your QB there as the refs are supposed to blow it dead if a player is coming in unabated to the QB. That penalty made me mad.

The following one on Morse was kinda on Allen and kinda a bad call. Allen held the ball for 5-6 seconds on that play, you can’t expect the OL to hold off the D that long...except that was a totally ticky-tack call that had no impact on the play. Those are the types of calls the refs have been instructed not to call.

But yeah, it might have been a different game had they picked up the first there. It’s tough to know what would have happened. The Bills crosses mid-field time and time again this game yet had little success putting points in the board.

The hold on Dawkins never should have happened. It wasn’t a free play. One of the offensive linemen jumped after the Offside to create a dead ball penalty. It should have been whistled dead. This to me was another referee blunder in this game. 

maybe the other calls I wouldn’t call blunders.  They were some weird plays that somehow always seem to favor the Pats. But that call our O lineman jumped to get the play called dead. They never blew the whistle. The outcome...favored the Pats. Ironically you would be stoked that they didn’t whistle it dead cause it’s a free shot at a deep ball. But again the bills get called on holding. So moot point.