Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

And the Bills are 3-1, just played the toughest team on their schedule by a freakin longshot and Allen doesn’t have a losing record as a starter. Winning is all that matters. Winning while he develops is even better. 

Agreed.

This team should make the playoffs. They should pretty easily win 10 games given how good their defense is and how easy their schedule is.

All I'm saying is the QB play hasn't been good enough. 32nd in the league in QB rating shows that. 

We look like we're a decent QB away from having a Super Bowl contending team. That's all I'm saying. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's not a joke.

Josh Allen is currently the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL in QB Rating.

But his team is 3-1 and he's played a part in getting those wins.  Just imagine what happens as he improves!

When Daboll came over to him on the sideline after one of the picks, Josh looked too angry to even listen to him.  I do believe that he can win plenty of games with this defense, he just needs to grow up a bit more.

• Like (+1) 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1178412643570372608McDermott post game presser starts at 9:45. Highlights: Josh has to understand to take what the defense gives him PERIOD.

Belichick’s and Brady’s can be found here: https://www.patriots.com/video/bill-belichick-9-29-it-was-a-tough-football-game

Edited by Cruiserplayer

Just now, Cruiserplayer said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1178412643570372608McDermott post game presser starts at 9:45. Highlights: Josh has to understand to take what the defense gives him PERIOD

The 2nd interception was the epitome of what Allen needs to do better.

Play action, Gore runs an out cut to the left, and the linebacker covering him falls over. 

Allen looks at Gore, sees that he's wide open, and for whatever reason goes to Jones, and heaves a pass into double coverage.

His decision making just doesn't make any sense sometimes. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

The season is 4 games old. 

You gotta keep those emotions under control. 

There's nothing emotional about this.

Allen isn't a good QB. As things stand he's one of the worst starters in the league relative to his peers. He routinely makes terrible decisions with the football, forcing passes into double coverage, throwing off his back foot, and throwing balls back across the middle when rolling right.

He does these things multiple times everytime he takes the field. At this point there's minimal evidence that he's learning from his mistakes. It's not like he's had bad luck or anything. He's got a better line, better receivers and a more effective run game than last year and he's still making all the same errors he made before he had any of those things.

McDermott needs to emphasize that Allen needs to stop turning the ball over or his job is on the line. The defense is too good to have a QB turning the ball over the way Allen has been this season. 

I'm a huge ja17 supporter, but he sucked out loud today.  The back up te was garbage too, and the tackles stank as well.

I still think if Josh didn't get knocked out he woulda come back to win, prolly on the drive when we got stuffed on 4th down, and maybe added a other score on the final drive.

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Allen isn't a good QB. As things stand he's one of the worst starters in the league relative to his peers. He routinely makes terrible decisions with the football, forcing passes into double coverage, throwing off his back foot, and throwing balls back across the middle when rolling right.

He does these things multiple times everytime he takes the field. At this point there's minimal evidence that he's learning from his mistakes. It's not like he's had bad luck or anything. He's got a better line, better receivers and a more effective run game than last year and he's still making all the same errors he made before he had any of those things.

McDermott needs to emphasize that Allen needs to stop turning the ball over or his job is on the line. The defense is too good to have a QB turning the ball over the way Allen has been this season. 

It seems like he’s trying to push things when he has easy yards sitting there. If he doesn’t start taking those 3-7 yard completions on 1st and 2nd down at some point this year it’s not going to look good going forward. H also needs to find his internal clock... get to 5 seconds holding the ball agains man coverage just take off running unless it’s 3rd & long. 

2 minutes ago, colin said:

I'm a huge ja17 supporter, but he sucked out loud today.  The back up te was garbage too, and the tackles stank as well.

I still think if Josh didn't get knocked out he woulda come back to win, prolly on the drive when we got stuffed on 4th down, and maybe added a other score on the final drive.

He has the athleticism to make some magic happen. Particularly inside the 10 yard line

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

Maybe if his qb could hit him when he's open. Josh has missed 3 tds to Zay, in only 4 games. Maybe Foster shouldn't be on the Roster. That's a waste of space.

It’s been 3 years of the same for Zay and only 16 games played with Josh. 

Josh Allen was unforgivably bad today. He’s also been a huge reason they are 3-0 with mostly efficient play and timely big throws and runs. 

Benching him this early or finding a quick fix at qb after one awful game would be incredibly stupid for the short term and more importantly the long term and anyone suggesting he be benched also looks fairly stupid. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The 2nd interception was the epitome of what Allen needs to do better.

Play action, Gore runs an out cut to the left, and the linebacker covering him falls over. 

Allen looks at Gore, sees that he's wide open, and for whatever reason goes to Jones, and heaves a pass into double coverage.

His decision making just doesn't make any sense sometimes. 

always going for the big play  He really is the polar opposite of what we had for so  long at qb here.    Its like every down is 4th down and he's gotta get it all in one play

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Josh Allen was unforgivably bad today. He’s also been a huge reason they are 3-0 with mostly efficient play and timely big throws and runs. 

Benching him this easy or finding a quick fix at qb after one awful game would be incredibly stupid and anyone suggesting so also looks fairly stupid. 

A lot of hype around this game, I kind of seen this coming. Kid wants to win, you could tell he was itching to make the big play more then he has so far this year. Part of the reason why he got KOed. Being down 13 early just put more pressure on his shoulders. A lot of football left, time to go back to work and continue to try to fix those problems. 

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

So convenient to say this after an awfil

game who had made every an they’ve face look like garbage. Awesome job fitting your agenda. 

3 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

It’s been 3 years of the same for Zay and only 16 games played with Josh. 

Who were Zay's qbs in those 3 years? TT, Peterman and Josh. In spite of that he had a decent year last year. Peterman and a rookie last year. And as I pointed out, this year Josh is the issue. 16 games or not. Zay should be leading us in td, but Josh has thrown him crap in the ez. See the Giants, Bengals and today's game. It's on film, in color.

• Haha (+1) 1

the loss sucks but the defense looks impressive and there are things to build on. 

there is blame to go around but it seems like JA couldn't handle the pressure of this game.  with that said it he might have pulled this one out had he not been injured.  

43 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

I've never been described as an optimist... but this is as good as I've felt about losing a game in a long time, especially to New England. 

The Pats can strut if they want but they know they dodged a bullet today.  Mc-Frazier's defense is consistently giving their offense trouble.  If we can get our offense to execute the game plan without so many mistakes... the future looks bright to me and we have a real reason to be think this is going to be a great season.

Allen is learning the hard way to take what the oppositions D gives you. In B B's case sometimes Its not much so I can understand how a young signal caller can grow impatient.

Myself personally, I think Allen studies the game tape and comes away learning a valuable lesson.

Had I just taken what the opposition was giving me...

...and watch Gore run...

• Like (+1) 1