Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

22 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen makes mistakes most guys learn not to make in college. 

3 long throws into double coverage today. 3 interceptions. 

Here's no evidence he learns anything from his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes pretty much every game. 

Jim Kelly used to do the same thing his first season here and that was after two season in a previous league....

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I'm pretty close to considering Barkley.  The rest of our team is elite. We may have the best defense in the NFL.

You can't have a starting QB with a QB Rating below 70. If that doesn't pick up by November you need to start considering a switch for the sake of the other guys on the team. 

How about he stops throwing passes down the middle of the field into double coverage.

That would help. 

Do you feel vindicated?  Is that why you show up when Allen has a bad game?  You've hated Allen since he was drafted.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm pretty close to considering Barkley.  The rest of our team is elite. We may have the best defense in the NFL.

You can't have a starting QB with a QB Rating below 70. If that doesn't pick up by November you need to start considering a switch for the sake of the other guys on the team. 

This is a joke.

just FYI

But hey... glad you folks showed up, 3-0 and I was starting to worry. Shouldn’t have, obviously. Today’s your day! Have a laugh.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Do you feel vindicated?  Is that why you show up when Allen has a bad game?  You've hated Allen since he was drafted.  

Not at all.

This team had no business losing today. We should be 4-0 and contending for a Super Bowl with how good this defense is. 

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Is he actually improving?

His QB Rating is now under 70 on the season. He makes the same mistakes every week forcing passes into coverage, missing receivers on simple 5 yard outs, and taking sacks when he could throw the ball away.

I though he was going to sit out the entire first season because he was so raw. I thought his second season he would play, but play poorly. So I am pleasantly surprised with how much he has improved. 

Is he improving? Yes. Is is he a finished product? No. Will he ever be one to throw it away as frequently as Brady? No. Am I ok with that? Yes. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is a joke.

just FYI

But hey... glad you folks showed up, 3-0 and I was starting to worry. Shouldn’t have, obviously. Today’s your day! Have a laugh.

It's not a joke.

Josh Allen is currently the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL in QB Rating.

I'm feeling hopeful.  There are no moral victories in the NFL, but. . .

The defense of the Bills is very comparable to that of the Patriots.

The Bills were a few mistakes/bad calls away from winning.  

Buffalo's offense still needs to get better.  I think they will continue to improve through the course of the season, but there are still upgrades that need to be made.  I think the odds of making the playoffs are still good.  I might even be more optimistic after the Patriots game than before because I'm even more convinced that the Bills are for  real this year.  While Frank Gore appears to be ageless, I think the Bills need to add a big, strong, young running back next season.  The odds have to be increasing of injury to Gore with every season.  The Bills also need to try and add an athletic big receiver.  The offensive line is good right now, but it still has room for another long term addition.  Nsekhe is solid but he's on a two year deal and I have a hard time thinking the Bills will extend him.  Yes, Allen is still making mistakes, but I believe he will improve.

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

How about he stops throwing passes down the middle of the field into double coverage.

That would help. 

Good thing you’re not the one choosing. Barkley only in case of injury at this point. 

I do think he'll get better but he has to listen to the coaches and stop trying to win games like he's back at Wyoming.  We saw that drive in the 3rd quarter where he got the ball out quickly, took what was there... they looked like a machine. 

He can do it, but I'm sure that competitive urge to be a hero has been too strong for him to overcome when under fire.  The run for the sticks in the fourth quarter that got him knocked out was gutsy but too risky in the situation... and the bastards got him.

We knew he was going to be a work in progress.  He needs to stop trying to be Mahomes and just take what's there.  Those heroic moments will find him and be better to him when he does.

10 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Omg shut up!! For all of those posting stupid thoughts to get rid of and trade Allen. 

The guy had a terrible game. So what? Play calling sucked HUGE and every starting QB's have a terrible game every now and then. 

This is the first time all season Allen looked awful and I'm reading stupid s**t like "let's trade him and a 1st and 3rd for whoever's in a position to draft Tua"

How about we get our QB a true #1 WR in round one of the draft this upcoming offseason and how about we make an change to this horrible conservative play calling!

How many of us does it take to vote to let you all go full USSR and shut down the drama queens?? You got my vote. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Not at all.

This team had no business losing today. We should be 4-0 and contending for a Super Bowl with how good this defense is. 

New England has a pretty damn good defense too, ya know.

I love Barkley as a backup, but it's so ridiculously premature to even consider benching Allen at this point.

He was awful today.

Next week is a new game.

Move along.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Did anyone actually think the Bills offense was better than the one they were facing today ? . I didn’t , and I’m not surprised they struggled. I actually think they are capable of winning 10;games with their schedule if they stay relatively healthy. 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

I love Barkley as a backup, but it's so ridiculously premature to even consider benching Allen at this point.

He was awful today.

Next week is a new game.

Move along.

They do. I read an article about the game on CBS sports and they said the Bils D was excellent, but was overshadowed by the Pats. The Bills faced the SB champs. The Pats faced a QB in start #15 with 1 returning Olineman and two new WRs. Had to laugh at their assessment. 

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

He was awful today.

Next week is a new game.

Move along.

This isn't about one game. We've played 4 games.

Josh Allen is currently the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL in terms of QB Rating. We're averaging 19 points per game in scoring. 

That's not good enough. 

The first interception is a perfectly normal thing. He took a risk, it didn’t work. If brown goes 60 for a score he’s a god around here. The issue is the consecutive mistakes and the other small things he did poorly. I think this can be explained away as nerves playing in what’s probably the biggest game of the year. Allen has at least 2 more truly horrific games in his bank before I’m ready to withdraw my support. He’s going to come back and blow up whoever he plays next. The kid is a baller and it didn’t go his way today, but he’ll be back.

also- hot take: Allen pops up from that hit and gets a 3rd and 8 or whatever it was where Barkley went in, we win that game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

Josh Allen is currently the 32nd ranked QB in the NFL in terms of QB Rating. We're averaging 19 points per game in scoring. 

That's not good enough. 

And the Bills are 3-1, just played the toughest team on their schedule by a freakin longshot and Allen doesn’t have a losing record as a starter. Winning is all that matters. Winning while he develops is even better. 

• Like (+1) 1

That's not good enough. 

Solution:

If you want a super successful game manager, root for the Pats. If you want an accurate passer, root for the Saints. If you want to root for the next Wonderkind, root for the Chiefs. 

I root oof for the Bills and the whirlwind named Josh. Ride the whirlwind. It’s fun. 

16 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Omg shut up!! For all of those posting stupid thoughts to get rid of and trade Allen. 

The guy had a terrible game. So what? Play calling sucked HUGE and every starting QB's have a terrible game every now and then. 

This is the first time all season Allen looked awful and I'm reading stupid s**t like "let's trade him and a 1st and 3rd for whoever's in a position to draft Tua"

How about we get our QB a true #1 WR in round one of the draft this upcoming offseason and how about we make an change to this horrible conservative play calling!

The offensive line is still kind of a mess.  Can Ford get it together at RT?  Not sold on Dawkins at LT; he's marginal at best.