Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

5 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've never been more happy with a loss in my life. I said before the game that this was a litmus test and I think we passed with flying colors. Defense is downright dirty and if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we could have won the game. I really like what we have here. GO BILLS!!!!

Yeah, I want to be done accepting a loss, especially when it’s a game we could’ve won... against those f’ing cheating a-holes. 

Moral victories don’t mean anything unless they inspire the team to be better going forward, and don’t just expose our weaknesses to the rest of the league. 

*If I’m McBeane, I’m thinking “this defense can get us to the super bowl.  I don’t wanna waste this talent... let’s lock up the players we can now... but more importantly, let’s get some offensive help right now!!!”   (I’m not McBeane)

31 minutes ago, klos63 said:

We should not have won. We made way too many mistakes, too many turnovers, too many poor decisions....

I should have said "could" have-- meaning the Bills have the talent to match up with the Pats...you are correct @klos63

Edited by JoeF

8 minutes ago, klos63 said:

offense line is inconsistent. Dawkins is worriesome. Ford not there yet...

I disagree.

Gore is averaging 6.4 yards per carry this year. Singletary was averaging 12.7. 

Allen often has all day to throw. Our penalties are often a result of him holding the ball too long, running around and our linemen grabbing because they don't know where Allen is scrambling to as he leaves the pocket. 

I don't view our offensive line as a problem at all. It's been way better than last year. 

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The difference:

Allen throws interceptions into double coverage and Brady throws the ball away. 

The difference:

brady is a skilled veteran with 248 seasons and 73 titles. Allen is a still improving tremendous upside learning the ropes QB. 

Im ok with that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m not so sure Daboll is the right coach for Josh. Two weeks now I did not like what I see out of Daboll and Josh on the sideline. 

Loved seeing McDermott talking with Josh in between the 1st and 2nd quarter. 

If I was Daboll I’d be yelling at Josh on the sidelines. 

“Don’t try to be a hero when you are on the run. Throw it away”

”Have a clock in your head. After 3 seconds, throw it away”

“Don’t force the long stuff when the short stuff is open”

However, I’m not sure these messages are getting through, so maybe a different messenger is needed. 

Are there no football gods?  Who would continue to allow this?

That game was tantalizingly close.  New England did almost nothing to earn the win - a blocked punt was it.

Is it asking too much to just get a couple of breaks?  Maybe spot Brown on the 1 yard line, where he went down, instead of at the 3?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

The difference:

brady is a skilled veteran with 248 seasons and 73 titles. Allen is a still improving tremendous upside learning the ropes QB. 

Im ok with that. 

Is he actually improving?

His QB Rating is now under 70 on the season. He makes the same mistakes every week forcing passes into coverage, missing receivers on simple 5 yard outs, and taking sacks when he could throw the ball away.

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen makes mistakes most guys learn not to make in college. 

3 long throws into double coverage today. 3 interceptions. 

Here's no evidence he learns anything from his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes pretty much every game. 

Lots of young QBs try to force things because they got away with them in college. He’s not even from a big time conference. He may always have some element of that in his game, but I imagine it will decrease considerably as time goes on. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Figster said:

As bad as the loss felt, thinking about how uncomfortable we made it for OLD Tommy boy,

Still puts a smile on my face...

I've never been described as an optimist... but this is as good as I've felt about losing a game in a long time, especially to New England. 

The Pats can strut if they want but they know they dodged a bullet today.  Mc-Frazier's defense is consistently giving their offense trouble.  If we can get our offense to execute the game plan without so many mistakes... the future looks bright to me and we have a real reason to be think this is going to be a great season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Lots of young QBs try to force things because they got away with them in college. He’s not even from a big time conference. He may always have some element of that in his game, but I imagine it will decrease considerably as time goes on. 

There's forcing things, and there's voluntarily throwing into double coverage when you have all day to survey the field. 

Allen makes the same mistakes week in and week out. He throws deep balls into double coverage, he throws prayers down the middle of the field off his back foot, and he sails the ball down the middle of the field when he rolls to his right.

On any given Sunday he does some combination of these things 3-4 times a game. Usually he gets away with it but today the Pats made him pay for every terrible decision he made with the football. 

His decision making is terrible.

The 2nd pick to Zay Jones was laughably bad. Frank Gore slips out of the backfield and the linebacker covering him literally falls down. Allen looks at him, sees that Gore is literally wide open in the left flat, and then still decides to heave a prayer down the field to Zay Jones, who is open but doubled up with the single high safety. The result was an under thrown pass and easy interception. 

The easy alternative, and taking what the defense gave him would have been a long gain that could have set up a TD. The Pats were in man coverage and there wasn't a defender within 25 yards of Frank Gore. 

16 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Allen makes mistakes most guys learn not to make in college. 

3 long throws into double coverage today. 3 interceptions. 

Here's no evidence he learns anything from his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes pretty much every game. 

That seems to be the trend. His high wonderlic score is just not showing up as of yet.

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

There's forcing things, and there's voluntarily throwing into double coverage when you have all day to survey the field. 

Allen makes the same mistakes week in and week out. He throws deep balls into double coverage, he throws prayers down the middle of the field off his back foot, and he sails the ball down the middle of the field when he rolls to his right.

On any given Sunday he does some combination of these things 3-4 times a game. Usually he gets away with it but today the Pats made him pay for every terrible decision he made with the football. 

His decision making is terrible.

The 2nd pick to Zay Jones was laughably bad. Frank Gore slips out of the backfield and the linebacker covering him literally falls down. Allen looks at him, sees that Gore is literally wide open in the left flat, and then still decides to heave a prayer down the field to Zay Jones, who is open but doubled up with the single high safety. The result was an under thrown pass and easy interception. 

The easy alternative, and taking what the defense gave him would have been a long gain that could have set up a TD. The Pats were in man coverage and there wasn't a defender within 25 yards of Frank Gore. 

He made a lot of mistakes. We will see if and when his game improves in that area. He’ll get more than a season, and will likely get three. Seems about right, given the investment. Not going to turn to Matt Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You can say that again!

I don't know why that happens. It's happened before. 

16 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I should have said "could" have-- meaning the Bills have the talent to match up with the Pats...you are correct @klos63

I agree with you there. We had many chances.

Omg shut up!! For all of those posting stupid thoughts to get rid of and trade Allen. 

The guy had a terrible game. So what? Play calling sucked HUGE and every starting QB's have a terrible game every now and then. 

This is the first time all season Allen looked awful and I'm reading stupid s**t like "let's trade him and a 1st and 3rd for whoever's in a position to draft Tua"

How about we get our QB a true #1 WR in round one of the draft this upcoming offseason and how about we make an change to this horrible conservative play calling!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

He made a lot of mistakes. We will see if and when his game improves in that area. He’ll get more than a season, and will likely get three. Seems about right, given the investment. Not going to turn to Matt Barkley. 

I'm pretty close to considering Barkley.  The rest of our team is elite. We may have the best defense in the NFL.

You can't have a starting QB with a QB Rating below 70. If that doesn't pick up by November you need to start considering a switch for the sake of the other guys on the team. 

Just now, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Omg shut up!! For all of those posting stupid thoughts to get rid of and trade Allen. 

The guy had a terrible game. So what? Play calling sucked HUGE and every starting QB's have a terrible game every now and then. 

This is the first time all season Allen looked awful and I'm reading stupid s**t like "let's trade him and a 1st and 3rd for whoever's in a position to draft Tua"

How about we get our QB a true #1 WR in round one of the draft this upcoming offseason and how about we make an change to this horrible conservative play calling!

How about he stops throwing passes down the middle of the field into double coverage.

That would help.