Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

I've never been more happy with a loss in my life. I said before the game that this was a litmus test and I think we passed with flying colors. Defense is downright dirty and if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we could have won the game. I really like what we have here. GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I've never been more happy with a loss in my life. I said before the game that this was a litmus test and I think we passed with flying colors. Defense is downright dirty and if we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot on offense we could have won the game. I really like what we have here. GO BILLS!!!!

Right? We lost, but we weren’t losers. If that makes sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

When all the dust settles, I think this is the best take away from this game.When all the dust settles, I think this is the best take away from this game.

Outside of the perennial negative folks, how many actually thought we would give NE that much of a fight?

I sure has hell didn't, but as one poster alluded to, it almost hurts worse that it was so close and there for the taking. Have to see what the pressers say about Allen and how long he may be out. I thought the officiating was pretty balanced right up to the Brady clear intentional grounding, and the non-ejection on the helmet to helmet to Allen.

This team is on the rise folks, the sky is not falling, and I think we have a very good shot at getting into the playoffs this year - after than anything can happen. But we have not had a shot at being relevant in a long time. This is not a bad team, the offense needs work, but they were exposed against one of the best defenses in the league.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I suppose I should feel like you, but I feel like I need therapy. There isn't a happy cell in my body right now.  New England has ruined this game for me.

So tired of these "moral victories."  I just want to beat that team. I want that team in the past.

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

YES!!! Moral victories are what it is all about!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Bypass or be surprised that it didn’t get edited? Let’s see some insightful content out of you and determine who provides value. So that’s an admission you quoted someone’s as to ensure their post was noted? Goodluck. 

Wow. Lotta high postcount, high rep posters on here that I've interacted with and never seen one as pompous as you. Because you used a profanity? And I didn't make a nested quote of what you said so I don't even know what you're talking about. But we're all just plebs aren't we? CommonCents? We can't ever get what the patricians around here are trying to teach us. 

5 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Bills are a half decent QB away from having a Super Bowl contending team. 

Our defense is truly elite, we have a decent OL and enough weapons on offense. We just need a QB who can efficiently run an NFL offense. 

offense line is inconsistent. Dawkins is worriesome. Ford not there yet...

Our defense is truly elite, we have a decent OL and enough weapons on offense. We just need a QB who can efficiently run an NFL offense. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

YES!!! Moral victories are what it is all about!!

Nope. But they purposely took out JA because the momentum was going our way. I think it’s a strong chance they pull that game out with JA in there. Not a moral victory at all, but I feel much better about this team than if they got worked over by the Pats* offense and got shut out. This team isn’t there yet, but it’s getting there. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

“Josh looked so bad!”

Yup. The Pats QB - wassisname?- looked like garbage, too. 

One game does not a season (or career) make. Josh will get it done in the future. He’s got “it”.  

The difference:

Allen throws interceptions into double coverage and Brady throws the ball away. 

Edited by jrober38

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

You can say that again!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

The difference:

Allen throws interceptions into double coverage and Brady throws the ball away. 

Shocking that there would be a difference between a guy in his 15th start and the supposed GOAT. Unbelievable ! 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I’m not so sure Daboll is the right coach for Josh. Two weeks now I did not like what I see out of Daboll and Josh on the sideline. 

Loved seeing McDermott talking with Josh in between the 1st and 2nd quarter. 

I liked what Daboll was doing in the second half. Don’t see an issue between them. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Shocking that there would be a difference between a guy in his 15th start and the supposed GOAT. Unbelievable ! 

Allen makes mistakes most guys learn not to make in college. 

3 long throws into double coverage today. 3 interceptions. 

Here's no evidence he learns anything from his mistakes. He makes the same mistakes pretty much every game. 

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I suppose I should feel like you, but I feel like I need therapy. There isn't a happy cell in my body right now.  New England has ruined this game for me.

So tired of these "moral victories."  I just want to beat that team. I want that team in the past.

We'll be whooping that ass in due time. What they have done is unprecedented. It's really amazing but it is about to be over. Nothing lasts forever. 

• Thank you (+1) 1