Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

Just now, WideNine said:

not sure I agree or disagree at this point as most of his long balls have come with him throwing off platform.

I think he can be pretty money on what most QBs consider long balls the 15-30 yard throws, but he is not setting up properly to throw the longer balls and they are sailing on him. And in our stadium they are dangerous to begin with... they get just a bit high and the wind catches them and they float for an int.

Taking a longer view, but I would be curious to see Allen's deep balls in a dome or different field. Not excusing him taking those long shots off his back foot in New Era. That is poor judgement for the most part.

15-30 yards isnt a long ball-- exc in 10  yr old and under leagues

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This has probably been said but we got hooooooooooosed on the spot when John Brown clearly got to the 1 and next thing I see is third and goal from the 2+.  That was awful.

That was huge.  It took away the run on 4th and 3.  And it’s a lot easier to run it in on 3rd and 1 than 3rd and 2.  

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

4th - time to find a new punter. 

After having our best player be the punter for so long, it hurts to see it as one of our glaring weaknesses.

In previous years, that 21 yard punt late in the game would have turned in to seven for the bad guys.  As it was, I thought it was three for sure but another 3 and out spared us.  The defense was insane and should give us all a reason to Billieve.  They just shut Brady DOWN.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see where does this game have me.  

1st - Most important. Still excited for the rest of the season. This is a double digit win football team. 

2nd - taking a step back from saying Josh is the future. He was Bad today and it wasn’t just a couple plays. But at the same time is one game in September. But this game will give all those Josh Haters from the draft the ammo they need. 

3rd - this defense is elite. It is a playoff defense and arguably a championship defense. This defense I just Hope is not going to be wasted. 

5th - time to move on from Zay Jones. Was hoping for the light to come on. Just doesn’t seem like it is going to. And over the 1st QTR of the season only bad things have happened when Zay is Targeted. 

6th - NFL Officiating is just as inconsistent and disgusting as our Punter is. 

on to Tenn and 5-1 before the bye. 

Mostly excited about our defense holding Tom Brady after the Bill's offense make costly mistakes. That's where the patriots always put the finishing dagger in the Bill's, score off a mistake, and the Bill's D had to hold Brady with excellent field position all day.

3 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Next game is in Foxboro...usually a different story in that house of horrors....

I know, I know... the history is not good.  I've just got a hunch that we're due.  The gap hasn't been this close in a while and that's with their Hall of Fame, "greatest ever" QB.  

Edited by Sandhill Mike
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

This has probably been said but we got hooooooooooosed on the spot when John Brown clearly got to the 1 and next thing I see is third and goal from the 2+.  That was awful.

Yes, I saw that, too! Were we already out of challenges at that point? Refs sucked big time!

Edited by Moose

9 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let’s see where does this game have me.  

1st - Most important. Still excited for the rest of the season. This is a double digit win football team. 

2nd - taking a step back from saying Josh is the future. He was Bad today and it wasn’t just a couple plays. But at the same time is one game in September. But this game will give all those Josh Haters from the draft the ammo they need. 

3rd - this defense is elite. It is a playoff defense and arguably a championship defense. This defense I just Hope is not going to be wasted. 

5th - time to move on from Zay Jones. Was hoping for the light to come on. Just doesn’t seem like it is going to. And over the 1st QTR of the season only bad things have happened when Zay is Targeted. 

6th - NFL Officiating is just as inconsistent and disgusting as our Punter is. 

on to Tenn and 5-1 before the bye. 

Agreed! excellent post. I would add that Croft in and Smith out would help.

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Omg. Cool off for 24 hours.  Rewatch the game tomorrow and it will all be ok.  This team is progressing on schedule.

I respect your optimism.   Ill eat my words if this team rebounds in a big way.

Rewatching this game though... no thanks.

Again, Defense.. fan-freakin-tastic!!!  Offense (mostly Dabol and Allen).. poop on a stick, and I am concerned about our ability to score points and win games against teams that are not NYG, NYJ and CIN (and MIA).

As it stands, I don’t believe this is a playoff team based on our offensive play in the last 4 games... but as I’ve said before, I hope I’m wrong. 

1 minute ago, Tcali said:

15-30 yards isnt a long ball-- exc in 10  yr old and under leagues

For most QBs throwing it 30 yards on a rope is about the longest you are going to see and when Josh connects on those to Knox I think folks do not look at it like a HS play. Brees and Brady pretty much make their living behind the sticks.

My point was that New Era is known for being tough on throws or kicks when they get a bit high... and I am curious what those throws look like sans our swirling winds. It is curiosity only as I have not seen a lot of visiting QBs throwing and connecting with 50 yarders.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Our offense was an abomination last year.  It has improved to average this year.  NE's defense is going to make average offenses look terrible.

People are wildly overreacting to one game against the best defense in the league.

I don't think it would be overreacting to say that Dawkins looks very shaky at tackle. It's not just in today's game either.  I think there may be legitimate concerns about Allens pocket awareness and decision making process at this point of his career.

3 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Positive observations 

1)  Second half offense was better than first half

2)  Defense is elite

3)  pats are beatable

4)  Barkley can do ok if he has to fill in next week

5) not feeling to sure about 4

Just now, Success said:

On the plus side - Tom Brady is done.

He'll have some good games, but he's done.  He's well into decline.

I think the issue with Brady is that at his age a hard hit can be disastrous, I think that effects his decision to throw the ball away so often. He's more jittery in the pocket now.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Our offense was an abomination last year.  It has improved to average this year.  NE's defense is going to make average offenses look terrible.

People are wildly overreacting to one game against the best defense in the league.

You're right... but I'm no longer willing to concede that anyone else in the NFL has a better defense than our Bills.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I mean, everybody understands that New England's offense doesn't suck, despite what they did today.  Not sure why we're all freaking out over our own offense right now.

Not sure about others, but my concern with the offense right now is that they probably won’t have Josh Allen. TEN was the must win game, not NE and an injury to JA is one the Bills couldn’t afford.