Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

As much as I like the fun-loving nature of Allen, he often says things like "back in your generation, or you old guys may have done..." 

Reminds me of my son when I predicted something he was going to do going horribly wrong and he argued with me later, "what makes you think you were going to be right?". We were driving back from a fishing trip and I said, "I have more wisdom than you".

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

"It means I have more years on earth and more experience than you and it helps me make better decisions." 

"By that rational, I will never have more wisdom than you do", he said with a lot of teenage sauce.

I looked over at him, winked and pointed with a cha-ching sound :)

The moral of the story is that Allen needs to start listening to what those with experience around him are saying and he seems like my thick-headed teen in a lot of ways.

We will see how he responds to this as I have never seen Daboll so in his face that angry and animated. What I am not sure I liked is the way Daboll stopped talking to him.... as pissed as you are as a coach you have to set some of that aside and figure out a way to get your QB back on track. Maybe that happened over half time - cannot say, but it was telling that McD had to come over to settle things.

Just now, HappyDays said:

You don't move on after one awful game. If he plays next week and is once again awful then I consider switching to Barklley after the bye.

I thought he was poor in the Jets and Cinci games as well. He’s one for four to start the year. 

You’re probably right that it’s too soon to make a change though we may get to see extended time with Barkley regardless. That was a hell of a hit Josh took.

It was a tough loss and it's easy to blame a lot of different people, however...

this is is a young team that will get better and better as the season goes on.  the rebuild is by no means complete, but this team will make the playoffs and anything goes from there.  I just hope Josh is able to play next week to keep this process moving forward.

cant wait to get singletary and taron Johnson back.  

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why don’t we just start a list of all the other players we could HAVE had? 

This get tired and pathetic. I just hope Josh gets well quickly. Cheap and intentional head shot.  He had a deer in the headlights half. Belichick does that to (still effectively) rookie QB’s. I was disappointed, but not shocked. He was letting it slow down a bit later, still a long way to go.

I might be slightly over reacting, but yes belichick knows how to make young QBs look terrible (goff suber bowl). BUT, belichick didn't force allen to make those incredibly terrible throws. All the picks were 100% terrible throws and decisions by Allen and those mistakes will never beat good teams. I thought Allen looked more decisive so far this year and better throws, today he was worse than he's ever been.

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

Well, I am proud of the way our defense played today. They look like one of the better defenses in the NFL. This was obviously a legit opponent and this defense kept buffalo in this game all day. Even despite all of the awful situations they were put in. 

Brady didn’t look dangerous at all today. I always say when we play the Pats, “don’t make mistakes. They don’t need the Bills help to beat them” But today, They actually NEEDED the Bills help (and a bit from the refs) to win. 

Which brings me to the Offense... it is still a huge work in progress. As is Allen. Hopefully they get better as the year goes on. With an average offense and less mistakes, I think the Bills win today. 

Ill tell you what though, even though we lost, this defense has me feeling pretty good right now. They looked unreal and could be something special. 

If our offense can grow as the season goes on (there are a lot of new faces still) the Bills could actually potentially beat the patriots in their next matchup. 

Fully agree. Our defense was awesome. I don’t fear the Pats anymore. I just fear our own errors. Get Singletary back, get Josh another 10 games of seasoning and maybe just maybe we avenge them in Foxboro. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Dead sober and thinking clearly. 

Our D is real. 

Our O has some major problems.. and now Belichick has given the league the blueprint. If you think our O is good enough to be a viable playoff team, I don’t know what to say. Gonna need to see some changes... or maybe Singletary makes that much of a difference.  And as for Josh Allen.. he’s a turnover machine that can’t play 4 quarters of football in the NFL. He was the reason the Bills lost today. I’ve been a huge supporter.. but there’s not much hope left. 

he hasnt played more than a half of smart football in any of the games so far...in fact vs cincy and the giants he played one half. vs the jets he played a quarter. vs NE he played one series.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The start was atrocious, for sure. Did you not notice when things started to settle down a little bit? Did you see Josh go 6-6 on a TD drive? There were signs of hope, even in this moment of despair. 

I did see it i even said “aside from a pristine scripted drive” in the 3rd...which is what you’re referring to and I’ll say no, at this point, one of those drives a game is not going to adequately counterweight Allen being this cavalier with the ball. That’s why I’m worried.

Just now, Tcali said:

if JA doesnt get much better quickly then this team will never contend even with a top 3 defense in this league. thats the sad part about it. wildcard then a heartbreaking 1st round playoff loss is what we can expect.

I saw improvement after the first half. The patience he showed letting that delayed rusher come at him then deke him out was a thing of beauty. He wasn’t doing that in the first half. Talent shows through, he just needs to throw the ball away. That’s a lot more fixable than mechanical problems , weak arm etc. BB toys with young QBs, but I think JA might have pulled this out if he wasn’t cheap shotted in the dome. 

I do not like that we lost at all, but at least we know now that defeating the Pats is possible. On an absolutely ugly day, the Bills almost won the game despite  making mistake after mistake. This was no blow out, and the Pats escaped with a win and they know it. We'll get em...the gap is closing. As far as I am concerned, the Pats have been exposed. A dedicated and stubborn Bills defense nearly pulled it off by themselves. 

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Why didn't their defense deserve the win? They outscored ours by the difference that gave the Pats the win...

No, the pats' defense deserved the win.

giphy.webp

Well, except for the cheap shot to the QB. That just has to take precedence over another penalty . Anyway, the Bills should have submarined Brady’s knees in return. 

18 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Daboll owns this loss, terrible play calling.

Yeah, hard to figure what that strategy was. Basically, admitting we can't win doing what we have been doing, so lets try to surprize them. Guest what, that does not work against good teams.

6 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Dead sober and thinking clearly. 

Our D is real. 

Our O has some major problems.. and now Belichick has given the league the blueprint. If you think our O is good enough to be a viable playoff team, I don’t know what to say. Gonna need to see some changes... or maybe Singletary makes that much of a difference.  And as for Josh Allen.. he’s a turnover machine that can’t play 4 quarters of football in the NFL. He was the reason the Bills lost today. I’ve been a huge supporter.. but there’s not much hope left. 

Yawn.  I said sober up.

5 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Allen. This team is really good and Barkley can at least get us to the playoffs. 

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his own head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

No surprise from you...you've been a Josh hater from day 1.