Post Game Thread Bills vs Pats*

Chandler#81

Just now, stevewin said:

I was screaming, SCREAMING for Brown to get in the EZ.  Getting close on a big play but not getting over the goal line seems to always subsequently kill the Bills in crucial situations

Brown’s a buck seventy. He tried 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

Hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Allen. This team is really good and Barkley can at least get us to the playoffs. 

You don't move on after one awful game. If he plays next week and is once again awful then I consider switching to Barklley after the bye.

Just now, VW82 said:

Hate to say it but it might be time to move on from Allen. This team is really good and Barkley can at least get us to the playoffs. 

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

s1200_27336348_803079359884864_599122688

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Coaching was the most suspect today (except for Frazier of course)

That’s pretty much my take on it, actually.  Yes, Josh played badly, but I felt that all the things Daboll did to help him in the first game of the season were absent today against Belichek, known for his ability to confuse and bemuse young QB, and the game that was called seemed pretty strange offensively.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was really warming to Jones after last week. This week, I'm sorely disappointed. He will not contest the ball. Even on one of Allen's interceptions, Jones, with a defender between him and Allen, ran deep with his arms low to catch it around his hip. The interception is still on Allen, but a better receiver would have run higher, and at least tried to get over the defender. It's like he doesn't even see the defenders around him.

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

Might be time to move on? Good God... you must be trolling. 

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Josh has had two off seasons, two training camps, two preseasons, and 16 games. He’s been erratic at best but today was the first time I started to question his mental toughness. This game reminded me of the Peterman five picks game in that Josh got so far into his own head that he couldn’t execute the most basic tasks required by an NFL QB. You have to be able to move on to the next play. So much of what happened today he did to himself, and that’s the worst part of it.

Idiocy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why don't you go form the Josh Allen Fan Club and worship him there.

I'm a fan of the Buffalo Bills and would like to see them have a good team again before I die.

You just saw Josh's ceiling today, even if you are too dumb to know it.

We need a better QB.

Nah. In case you missed it, JA had a pretty typical inexperienced QB day vs BB. Still, I felt he may have led them back up until the cheap shot by the Pats*. Heck, they might’ve won with Barkley in there. Too many turnovers , but Allen was still battling. 

• Like (+1) 1

Titans game becomes huge.  Need to bounce back with a W.  

Im of the opinion that they won the game by knocking out Allen.  Dude is erratic as hell but is also that same level of clutch.  

Sorry to all the overreacters who are mad we dont have Mahomes and an All-Star Offense. 

Hes gotta get better. The turnovers are extremely concerning as he doesn’t seem to learn from them, but he’s electric, improved and my biggest worry is how long until he starts connecting of deep balls.   The turnovers will dissipate with time (I hope).  He’s improved on the other stuff, why not that?

FYI.. he’s always gonna be a guy who turns it over.  Just have to hope he cuts them down and balances it out with big plays and W’s. 

Edited by SCBills

We certainly had our opportunities.  Defense was great today.  The interceptions killed us, as did the blocked punt.  We were out coached on special teams.  Out punter did not have a good game (blocked punt and shanked another).  The punter for the Pats helped them significantly with field position.  We will never beat the Pats in a game if our QBs throw four interceptions.

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Dead sober and thinking clearly. 

Our D is real. 

Our O has some major problems.. and now Belichick has given the league the blueprint. If you think our O is good enough to be a viable playoff team, I don’t know what to say. Gonna need to see some changes... or maybe Singletary makes that much of a difference.  And as for Josh Allen.. he’s a turnover machine that can’t play 4 quarters of football in the NFL. He was the reason the Bills lost today. I’ve been a huge supporter.. but there’s not much hope left. 

Stick for someone else