Gameday Thread Bills vs Pats* 2nd Half

Chandler#81

Now we know why no one is scoring against the Pats. When you get in the red zone, the refs let the Pats do whatever they want. No call on the facemask and last red zone visit, they picked up the flag for pass interference.

C'mon boys, take it to the Pats and the refs in the 2nd half.

Hopefully Josh settles down at the half and remembers to throw the ball away if nothing is there. He basically took two field goals off the board by taking the sacks.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

At this point I’d start designing runs for Allen because he’s not getting it done with his arm. Might as well just bring in extra blockers and let the guy try to run the ball for 60+ yards in the second half. 

If that's the best option, we should look to move on from him immediately.

Just now, GG said:

I don't know who to be pissed off more at, Allen or Daboll?

Allen needs to get his head out of his ass.  Daboll needs to help him.  Josh is going to hold the ball trying to make a play, but against the best D in the NFL, that's not going to work.  We need quick hitters, slants, screens.  This is usually where the cheatin' Hoodie outadjusts the Bills coaching staff.  Will today be the day we turn the tables?

Just now, Gate To Wire said:

Allen of course looks terrible but why is Dabol calling the same plays over and over? Josh take a deep drop, all receivers go downfield. Where's the quick out to McKenzie? Where is anything that looks like a screen? While Josh is clearly overwhelmed, Dabol needs to help him out with the playcalling. Get the ball out of his hands quick and let the receivers and backs break a tackle.

Quick passes are just maybe a 3 step drop, a quick pass on a deep drop will probably end up for a loss the way the Pats D is playing

I know he gave up the sack on the last drive but I thought Josh looked to be settling down a bit.  If he can get something going with Beasley or Knox, get Gore some more carries, second half could be interesting.

My hat is SO off to the defense.  They've made Brady looks ordinary today.

Edited by Sandhill Mike

1. Bench Murphy for Lawson. 

2. Play Nsekhe at RT and Ford at RG.

3. Pats are bringing the rush, need screens. Middle screen to Knox will be a killer.

4. Get Yeldon a few touches in pass game

5. Bills WRs cant beat this seondary. Need to go heavy and pass out of double TE sets

6. Seymour Knox just made the most athletic catch by a TE in franchise history.  Keep getting the ball to him.

2 minutes ago, Gate To Wire said:

Allen of course looks terrible but why is Dabol calling the same plays over and over? Josh take a deep drop, all receivers go downfield. Where's the quick out to McKenzie? Where is anything that looks like a screen? While Josh is clearly overwhelmed, Dabol needs to help him out with the playcalling. Get the ball out of his hands quick and let the receivers and backs break a tackle.

That’s part of the problem. Josh looks horrible but Daboll is no better. I can’t figure out why whenever Josh struggles Daboll never leans on the running game. Heck Gore has looked good and he’s still having Josh throw the ball around.