Foster out

Virgil

33 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

He had a small handful of good performances late last season. Big deal. Sucks he seems to have a nagging injury now but it aint that big a loss.

Four of the 7 games he played after coming back to the team were excellent 3 100 yarders and the other was 90 yards.  Thats more than 50% of his games after returning to the gameday roster.  Its very perplexing. 

3 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Four of the 7 games he played after coming back to the team were excellent 3 100 yarders and the other was 90 yards.  Thats more than 50% of his games after returning to the gameday roster.  Its very perplexing. 

Coming back to the team from what...

being cut

after being a udfa 

After being underwhelming in college

that he’s not lighting it up isn’t a huge shocker. He was a fingers crossed but don’t count on it type of player.

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

THIS is what you came here to say?  I’m not sure you understand what “bust” means.  He was a UDFA who was released mid-season last year and went unclaimed...

Yes, that's what I came here to say. Calm down. Exactly, he's an UDFA who had some magic last season, so I have no idea why some in this fanbase seem to think he's a 1A receiver. Let's see Duke, Foster is the absolute weakest link on this receiving squad right now. There's no real argument against it other than "let's just wait another week for Robert Foster to do something because he had a few good games last year"

Edited by Nelius

34 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

One could ask if you could have seen the thread title and simply ignored this thread instead of being the thread police. 

If you disagree then ignore and scroll past my post.

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Coming back to the team from what...

being cut

after being a udfa 

After being underwhelming in college

that he’s not lighting it up isn’t a huge shocker. He was a fingers crossed but don’t count on it type of player.

He never really got his shot in college.  What he did last season was against NFL defenses.

16 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yes, that's what I came here to say. Calm down. Exactly, he's an UDFA who had some magic last season, so I have no idea why some in this fanbase seem to think he's a 1A receiver. Let's see Duke, Foster is the absolute weakest link on this receiving squad right now. There's no real argument against it other than "let's just wait another week for Robert Foster to do something because he had a few good games last year"

You are probably one of the great game analyzers that said Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins sucked.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You are probably one of the great game analyzers that said Robert Woods and Sammy Watkins sucked.

No I actually loved both. Weird comment. See this is exactly what I mean. Who in their right mind places Robert Foster in the same company as Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods?

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He never really got his shot in college.  What he did last season was against NFL defenses.

He was a 4 star recruit - if he didn’t get a shot it was because of his own inconsistency. Similar to why he was cut without being claimed.

he had a few good games but has not shown to be “the guy” consistently. Anyond exepecying him to waltz in with 16 games like those 4 was unreasonable. Low expectations and high hopes for guys like him. The nfl is littered with good games, or even months, from guys that can’t regularly produce though.

30 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

For sure. But like you say - 4 games.