Julian Edelman expected to play per Rapaport

StHustle

So looks like the worst case scenario is taking place. Edelman actually does play and Singletary doesnt. I sure hope Feliciano and Taron Johnson are go's. Very disappointed with the Singletary news tho. He seemed to be moving great in practice. He is our best RB and this is an all hands on deck situation. I must say my confidence has been cut in half. Would have felt much better if Edelman couldnt go to balance things out. 

#PISSED

https://sports.yahoo.com/julian-edelman-expected-play-buffalo-122320334.html

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Need just one spear to the mid section... Honestly if I'm running the Patriots I wouldn't play him. Players a taught to go for the midsection and not go high or low on a player. Defenders hit the ribs an midsection to avoid penalties which doesn't bode well for having a rib injury. They'll be targeted whenever he touches the football.

I like Singletary and would feel much better if he was playing, but it’s not like losing a Saquon Barkley or anything. DS has gained some big yards on a few carries in a couple of games. He’s more like an X factor at this point, not an established elite player. He could have helped , but the game still was going to come down to Josh Allen not Singletary. Edelman is obviously established, but it’s been said his touches will  be limited based on how he “ feels” ( ie how many big hits he gets from Bills defenders). Our rookie running back wasn’t going to carry the day in this one. 

We are much weaker without Singletary than any of our other skill position players other than, perhaps, Brown. A clean game from Josh gives us a fighting chance to win a defensive game of field position, but it’s going to be much harder without a big play RB threat. 

On the bright side, we are better off having him fully healed by next week than playing at even 95% with injury aggravation risk and a few more weeks for a full recovery. Hamstrings can easily go from a 1-2 week recovery period to a grade 2/3 sprain that keeps him out half the season if a team rushes a player back too early. 

I’d rather have him full speed for the Titans game; without his jump start of the offense, we lose to the Jets and will lose to Tennessee on the road without a running game that dares a stacked box. 

Edited by ny33

31 minutes ago, StHustle said:

So looks like the worst case scenario is taking place. Edelman actually does play and Singletary doesnt. I sure hope Feliciano and Taron Johnson are go's. Very disappointed with the Singletary news tho. He seemed to be moving great in practice. He is our best RB and this is an all hands on deck situation. I must say my confidence has been cut in half. Would have felt much better if Edelman couldnt go to balance things out. 

#PISSED

https://sports.yahoo.com/julian-edelman-expected-play-buffalo-122320334.html

#Draaaaaamatic

Edited by NoSaint

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like Singletary and would feel much better if he was playing, but it’s not like losing a Saquon Barkley or anything. DS has gained some big yards on a few carries in a couple of games. He’s more like an X factor at this point, not an established elite player. He could have helped , but the game still was going to come down to Josh Allen not Singletary. Edelman is obviously established, but it’s been said his touches will  be limited based on how he “ feels” ( ie how many big hits he gets from Bills defenders). Our rookie running back wasn’t going to carry the day in this one. 

Have you watched him closely? He consistently turns out big plays almost every touch. We are facing a defense that has allowed 36 ypg rushing. Sure teams were coming from behind and had it air it out but they have still shown they have a top level run defense at least against the level of competition they've faced so far.

With that said, I'm sure almost anyone on this board would agree that our RB Corp looks at least TWICE as attractive with Singletary than a Gore/Yeldon backfield. I think Beane should have cut a fringe guy (Conner McDermott maybe) and called up Murphy for this one.

Edited by StHustle

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Agree.  I’m consoling myself be thinking, this could have been the game where Singletary finally looks like a rookie and fumbles the ball away twice or somesuch.

I’m actually more worried that we don’t have H Phillips... hopefully this Peko kid can pull his weight and get some good pressure on Brady.

11 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Have you watched him closely? He consistently turns out big plays almost every touch. We are facing a defense that has allowed 36 ypg rushing. Sure teams were coming from behind and had it air it out but they have still shown they have a top level run defense at least against the level of competition they've faced so far.

With that said, I'm sure almost anyone on this board would agree that our RB Corp looks at least TWICE as attractive with Singletary than a Gore/Yeldon backfield. I think Beane should have cut a fringe guy (Conner McDermott maybe) and called up Murphy for this one.

I wish we still had Murphy, he's not on the PS squad----they signed some guy named Marshall.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He has 10 carries on 68 snaps (50% of all snaps) over 2 games.

I'm very aware of his small sample size...that doesn't nullify that he has been consistent because of limited touches and hasn't shown he can be stopped. We are clearly a better offense with him on the field. Vs this team we need to be at our best.