Devin Singletary unlikely to play per Rapaport

Estro

42 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bills fans. Pros at living in the past.

Ah but this is the homers approach. 

Stage 1 - Bills make decision

Stage 2 - Posters disagree with move and explain why it concerns them

Stage 3 - Said posters are told "it is too early to make a determination on whether that was a good or bad move you have to let it play out"

Stage 4 - Plays out and decision still looks questionable in hindsight

Stage 5 - Same posters who disliked move at the time point out again that it looks suspect

Stage 6 - Said posters told to "stop living in the past"

You can't criticise the team when they make moves or after those moves play out. Basically you can't criticise the team. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mikemac2001 said:

And they have with the starting RBs we have put out McCoy was likely 3rd on the depth chart 

I’m someone who wanted to keep him and was upset at the time But I understand the move as a team McCoy wouldn’t have been happy here and it would have likely created an issue 

also his running style isn’t made for a play here and there he is a home run hitter and needs swings 

I don't care if he would have been happy or not. My opinion is that he would have taken a reduced role and done well considering his age. Questioning this move by Beane is quite valid. We could have used Shady on Sunday. 

You can bet that defenders will be trying like heck to knock the ball out of TJ's hands. 

As an aside, we haven't had good luck with players with double initials. CJ Spiller, TJ Graham, EJ Manuel....

Edited by Fan in Chicago

I love how when it’s your guy, everyone forgets how long serious hamstring injuries (the ones that make you start hopping on one foot while grabbing the back of your leg) take to heal. It’s a month or so. He wasn’t going to play this week, nor will he play next week. It’ll be fine. Just relax :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, akm0404 said:

I love how when it’s your guy, everyone forgets how long serious hamstring injuries (the ones that make you start hopping on one foot while grabbing the back of your leg) take to heal. It’s a month or so. He wasn’t going to play this week, nor will he play next week. It’ll be fine. Just relax :)

100% he plays next week lol. He practiced this week. Tyler Kroft on other hand will be 50/50 

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ah but this is the homers approach. 

Stage 1 - Bills make decision

Stage 2 - Posters disagree with move and explain why it concerns them

Stage 3 - Said posters are told "it is too early to make a determination on whether that was a good or bad move you have to let it play out"

Stage 4 - Plays out and decision still looks questionable in hindsight

Stage 5 - Same posters who disliked move at the time point out again that it looks suspect

Stage 6 - Said posters told to "stop living in the past"

You can't criticise the team when they make moves or after those moves play out. Basically you can't criticise the team. 

Can’t argue with this. While I’m fully invested in the current Bills, it doesn’t mean I can’t question some moves. While we all know the history ( it’s well worn territory on this board) I can’t help but wonder what the team would be like with Mahomes and Watkins as key offensive pieces. Doesn’t make me less of a fan, just one that wants to win. Moves that are made and moves that aren’t have consequences. These moves will ultimately decide Beane and McDs tenure here. It comes down to results. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I'd be shocked if they pass on a WR early in next years draft. Absolutely have to get one.... they've basically gone defense since being here and their WR corps, even with the additions of Brown and Beasley are still average to below average group.

Interested to see them today against a good defense. This is game big measure stick for several aspects of the football team. 

If Allen is good enough and the o-line continues to play reasonably well for the investment, would like to see Beane go WR/RB in the first and second or third. Josh has a long way to go, but we would have a legitimate set of weapons adding to the skill positions early.

More likely we take an OL or DE, but Brown + rookie on the outside (a few guys in a very strong class who are good enough to make an impact early), Beasley underneath, and Foster/McKenzie as spread threats would be above average paired with the promising rookies (who Allen and Daboll already trust, even in tight coverage) and 2 top RB options would let us exploit mismatches as teams like the Pats and Saints do so well with their RBs and receiving depth.

Singletary is so

important early this season as Allen still takes too long to make his reads and frequently fails to see an open outside receiver; having him + Beasley open for quick underneath throws is so important to our tempo and quick decisions from Josh instead of waiting for his first read to break coverage. 

If Yeldon can’t force the Pats to cover the wide flat, we are going to see some ugly forced balls to Jones and Brown and let the Pats keep one or both safeties over the top on Brown/go routes. Belichick will dial up the pressure when Allen gets rattled, and we need to be able to drive the ball mid game after a turnover or series of short drives. Josh has the confidence and ability to start out very strong and believe in/execute the 4th quarter comebacks vs. inferior teams, but we need to start playing 4 quarters of consistent offensive pressure even if we struggle to convert drives to touchdowns.

The defense doesn’t get nearly enough credit for keeping up the effort level and intensity given how frequently they are on the field mid game with poor field position. When Dalton switched to a hurry up offense after the offense fell flat, the D did a good job of containing, but looked average and let the Bengals move the chains through the air on 1st/2nd downs instead of forcing them to chip in 2-4 yard runs and convert 4-6 yard third downs (eliminating jumbo sets/QB sneaks and forcing Dalton to throw into double coverage around the marker). Good teams rarely have lifeless offenses for large stretches of the game, and we need to control the tempo to give us a chance (not impossible if we win the turnover battle and incremental field position/chip in field goals). 

17 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We are in big trouble without Singletary. Hopefully this report is wrong because if not, we will probably be completely shut down on offense. It will be way to easy for Belichick to take away the pass now. He will make Gore and Yeldon beat them and that won’t happen.

I think Gore still has a big day in him, and today's the day.  Pats* are light in the pants in the front 7.  That's how we win, we use their formula from the last couple years- pound them on the ground.

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Yikes.      Sounds like an L ??

A few big plays from Devin are needed to beat the Pats 

RBs don’t move the needle on W/L prediction. The Pats are  7 point favorites  with our without Bills playing Singletary. The only player that makes a difference on the betting line let alone straight up is the QB

Ah but this is the "house is on fire approach"

Stage one:  overreact to the slightest bit of bad news

Stage two: posters mock the overreacting ninny's

Stage three: overreactive ninny's rehash the glory days of Sammy

Stage four: Posters bring up the facts of why player personnel moves were made and despite the facts, the ninny's are still unable to comprehend the larger picture and what McD/Beane's vision of a team looks like despite the clear upward trajectory of the franchise

Stage five:  Same ninny's despite being wrong on numerous occasions of the moves they questioned the Bills making still complain

Stage six: Harumphhh!!

• Like (+1) 1