Devin Singletary unlikely to play per Rapaport

Estro

Let’s hope Yeldon shows up motivated. He’s a fairly talented player who has the talent to at least have a role/impact similar to a Latavius Murray, and hopefully going from a hyped Alabama prospect/second rounder to being on the fringe of being cut after another fumble stirs something in him. I don’t think we win this game without a solid game from both RBs, and it definitely hurts to not have a healthy Singletary (or McCoy) as a change of pace/outside/ passing game threat. Don’t think we can run effectively without threatening sweeps/pitches. We have the blocking scheme and makeup/deep threat to effectively run end-arounds/sweeps from a Foster/McKenzie/Brown and have to mix it up vs. the Pats, but Gore is going to have a rough game if we can’t threaten change of pace rushing plays (o-line is pretty good at getting initial leverage/creating room for our RBs). Really wish we had McCoy right now, especially with an o-line that meshes with his skill set. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

We should have cut Yeldon this week and brought Murphy back. Prepare for some more running into the backs of his own linemen with the explosion of soggy mashed potato. 

And if Yeldon fumbles the ball away again at a critical moment, it’s going to be a BAD look for McBeane.  I really like the trajectory the team is on this year but they continue to under-prioritize the skill positions for some bizarre reason.  “Shady wouldn’t have liked a part-time role” reminds me of “Sammy isn’t a process guy.”  At some point they need to make it a priority to put talent out on the field on offense, it’s absolutely maddening.

• Like (+1) 4

RB has just become the weak area on offense and maybe the entire team. Gore and Yeldon turn the offense one dimensional for Belichick. Gore is ok, but those runs he gets 7-8 yards a good elusive back gets much more. Yeldon wasn’t used for his pass catching last week. 

For me this game just got a lot less winnable.

i do think it’s the right call to sit him and not to aggravate   Singletary’s hammy anymore. We will need him for the long haul. I really wanted to see the Bills complete offense against the NE D.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ny33 said:

Let’s hope Yeldon shows up motivated. He’s a fairly talented player who has the talent to at least have a role/impact similar to a Latavius Murray, and hopefully going from a hyped Alabama prospect/second rounder to being on the fringe of being cut after another fumble stirs something in him. I don’t think we win this game without a solid game from both RBs, and it definitely hurts to not have a healthy Singletary (or McCoy) as a change of pace/outside/ passing game threat. Don’t think we can run effectively without threatening sweeps/pitches. We have the blocking scheme and makeup/deep threat to effectively run end-arounds/sweeps from a Foster/McKenzie/Brown and have to mix it up vs. the Pats, but Gore is going to have a rough game if we can’t threaten change of pace rushing plays (o-line is pretty good at getting initial leverage/creating room for our RBs). Really wish we had McCoy right now, especially with an o-line that meshes with his skill set. 

Exactly.  Once McCoy was released it was eminently predictable, for those of us who have been following the team for the past decade, that injuries would quickly hit the running back position.  It’s the Bills’ Way.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And if Yeldon fumbles the ball away again at a critical moment, it’s going to be a BAD look for McBeane.  I really like the trajectory the team is on this year but they continue to under-prioritize the skill positions for some bizarre reason.  “Shady wouldn’t have liked a part-time role” reminds me of “Sammy isn’t a process guy.”  At some point they need to make it a priority to put talent out on the field on offense, it’s absolutely maddening.

look everyone would want shady over yeldon 

but I feel like there was a conversation that hasn’t been discussed and he wanted an opportunity to be a starter which he wouldn’t have been here and the bills respected that 

even tho from the outside fans are crying the bills gained respect as an organization 

but we don’t know what happened so crying about it doesn’t matter

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ny33 said:

No.  He sucks

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

look everyone would want shady over yeldon 

but I feel like there was a conversation that hasn’t been discussed and he wanted an opportunity to be a starter which he wouldn’t have been here and the bills respected that 

even tho from the outside fans are crying the bills gained respect as an organization 

but we don’t know what happened so crying about it doesn’t matter

Gain respect by winning games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Exactly.  Once McCoy was released it was eminently predictable, for those of us who have been following the team for the past decade, that injuries would quickly hit the running back position.  It’s the Bills’ Way.

Yeldon was actually a very solid receiving back last year- 55 catches, 70% catch rate, 487 yards (8.9 ypr). Hate having backup running backs who are constant risks for fumbles, though, especially against a disciplined team like the Pats; would almost prefer to have a guy like Ivory, who had clearly lost a step last year, but played damn hard and protected the ball/was a better receiver than everyone but Foster and late season Zay. 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Gain respect by winning games.

And they have with the starting RBs we have put out McCoy was likely 3rd on the depth chart 

I’m someone who wanted to keep him and was upset at the time But I understand the move as a team McCoy wouldn’t have been happy here and it would have likely created an issue 

also his running style isn’t made for a play here and there he is a home run hitter and needs swings 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No.  He sucks

He has receiving skills and occasionally makes impact plays. I agree that a backup RB with ball protection issues and a tendency to “dance”/slight build isn’t what you want from a 5th-year backup RB. The Jags were/are a mess, though, and I do think that this team’s culture/hunger to win can and does rub off (don’t see Foster “getting it” in a Jalen Ramsey/Blake Bortles locker room vs. a relatively ego-free Bills locker room and Josh’s infectious competitive attitude).