Bills with 10 new starters on offense - will it matter Sunday?

Stallions

How many times have the PATS played a division opponent with 10 new starters from the previous season going against their defense??? 

4 OL, 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 TE's.

I'm not counting Josh because he just played 1 game against them. 

Are these 10 better than the 10 from last year?  We know so!

What matters is that the new group has no memory of past failures against the Pats as Bills. That really matters because they don’t have the “here we go again mentality” that I heard in the stands last week when we blew the lead. Not losing that composure or pressing too much matters against quality opponents. I just wish more of our new guys had recent playoff experience!!!

25 minutes ago, Locomark said:

What matters is that the new group has no memory of past failures against the Pats as Bills. That really matters because they don’t have the “here we go again mentality” that I heard in the stands last week when we blew the lead. Not losing that composure or pressing too much matters against quality opponents. I just wish more of our new guys had recent playoff experience!!!

TJ Yeldon played in 2 playoff games in 2018. 

John Brown played in 2 playoff games in 2016 and 1 playoff game in 2019. 

Cole Beasley played in 1 playoff game in 2017 and 2 playoff games in 2019.

Andre Roberts played in 2 playoff games in 2018. 

Mitch Morse played in 1 playoff game in 2017 and 2 playoff games in 2019. 

Quinton Spain played in 2 playoff games in 2018.

Jon Feliciano played in 1 playoff game in 2017. 

Tyler Kroft, Ty Nsekhe, and Spencer Long each played in 1 playoff game in 2016.

Edit: to say, I do agree with the rest of your post and am excited for that combined with their playoff experience!

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Locomark said:

There are only 5 players who were Buffalo Bills during any part of the 17-year playoff drought:

1. Lee Smith - 2011-2014

2. Hughes - 2013-2016

3. Lawson - 2016

4. L. Alexander - 2016

5. Ferguson - 2016

Then you have only 9 guys since 2017 with memories of losing 4 in a row to the Pats as Buffalo Bills, 17 guys arriving here in 2018 who have memories of losing twice to the Pats, and now 22 new guys for 2019 who have never lost to the Pats while wearing a Bills uniform.

• Like (+1) 2

Our offense is better than last year, so even though we lack continuity and those players need time to learn how to play together, we're still way better off than we were last year.

With all the one year deals I'm guessing we'll have some new faces next year as well. Hope we can get to a point where the offense has played together for more than a year.

• Like (+1) 1

If anything, an overhaul of this magnitude should complicate Belichick's game preparation and reduce his ability to focus gameplanning around Allen. The offensive line clearly needs more time to gel, but the receivers have generally looked to be in great sync with Allen (plenty of impact drops but few clear examples of route miscommunication/playbook limitation). The Pats have had much less turnover than in years past (Belichick didn't draft well early in the middle of the decade), and Gordon's play/physical makeup somewhat compensate for the irreplaceable loss of Gronk. Brown is a sharp burner who does virtually all an NFL team should expect from a 1/2 receiver (creates mismatches, consistently gets open, and doesn't make mistakes), Beasley is great at getting open underneath and is a major reason for Josh's faster decision-making, the TEs have a ton of promise and have looked very good blocking/in space/catching other than a few drops that would have resulted in big plays/touchdowns, but look to have solid hands and are well ahead of the rookie curve.

Easy to forget that Zay Jones was miles ahead of our washed up (Kerley, Holmes) #3-4 types and the pathetic effort of Kelvin Benjamin (who would have a starting job in the NFL, instead of being out of the league as a healthy 28-year-old with multiple seasons of above-average starter play in his early career). Always so disappointing to see players who waste their talent and opportunity and show no passion for winning. Clay was done by 2018, and it was incredible to see how we went from Watkins/Goodwin/Woods to zero starting-caliber talent until Foster had his wake up call and gave Allen a reliable downfield threat (not worried about the lack of statistics given his foot injury and Brown's excellence in the same role. If Foer is primarily invisible due to some combination of injury and the addition of a strong veteran in Bwn to fill his role, rather than personal failings (conditioning, motivation, responsibility etc.), Allen will have a range of legitimate threats. Hopefully this is the game for Foster to step up again and punish the Pats for ignoring a deep threat who was so critical in driving Allen's strong play/confidence to nd last season.

7 hours ago, Stallions said:

How many times have the PATS played a division opponent with 10 new starters from the previous season going against their defense??? 

4 OL, 2 RB, 2 WR and 2 TE's.

I'm not counting Josh because he just played 1 game against them. 

Are these 10 better than the 10 from last year?  We know so!

Uhh...only 1 RB and 1 TE are typically starters so that would make only 8