Advice needed: Dog got sprayed by a skunk.

gomper

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Tomato juice 

My dog got sprayed on the UB campus one night. She could NOT get in my car to go home. The GF went for tomato juice while I stayed with the stinky dog (keeping a safe distance upwind). Gave her a bath in a lake using gallons of tomato juice. After she dried off she smelled a bit like tomato juice, and a lot like skunk. But it was better than doing nothing at all. That’s one nasty stink, there!

GOOD LUCK! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Hydrogen peroxide, backing soda and dawn dish soap 

Tomato juice is a myth.  The above helps but nothing other than time will help.  Has to be Dawn too.  Also after the above, you can spray diluted Scope too.  2 weeks ago we walked Buddy at Fuhrman Blvd near Times Beach preserve and he got sprayed BIG time.  The worse thing is how to get it out of the car.  Even without touching it permeates everthing.

And they learn nothing as we go back to that area and Bud is making a bee line to the skunks burrow

22 minutes ago, MarkyMannn said:

Tomato juice is a myth.  The above helps but nothing other than time will help.  Has to be Dawn too.  Also after the above, you can spray diluted Scope too.  2 weeks ago we walked Buddy at Fuhrman Blvd near Times Beach preserve and he got sprayed BIG time.  The worse thing is how to get it out of the car.  Even without touching it permeates everthing.

And they learn nothing as we go back to that area and Bud is making a bee line to the skunks burrow

Sounds like the famous Seinfeld episode!

We voted 3-1 to name our current dog Bailey. The wife vetoed Bailey, that was the name of the little redheaded girl who threw up in her parents car when she was little. They couldn’t get the smell out, so they traded the car in.