Beasley's skillset?

At a glance- at the combine cole was among the worst at cones and shuttles while Edelman was among the best. Just an example of how they diverge, and that while they both may be effective underneath receivers that how they get there could be a bit different.

i think it’s the kind of breakdown that would be fun for someone like cover 1 to do in the offseason

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

With the way Beasley plays versus how Edleman, plays on the field does this help with the preparation of the Bills defense against NE this weekend? I think shutting down Edleman will be key to beating NE. Thoughts?

Helps...what exactly? Sorry your comma placement is twisting my brain

• Haha (+1) 5

Their offense is multiple and will adjust to whatever your defense is not stopping, so you need to be capable of stopping it all.  I'm very curious how the "1/11th" mantra works out this week.  We have the skills to stop it all.  So with that mindset, it could just come down to a chess match between Brady and our defense each play.  If we don't give up big plays and get our "wins" on 3rd down and in the red zone, we will have a good chance.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

With the way Beasley plays versus how Edleman, plays on the field does this help with the preparation of the Bills defense against NE this weekend? I think shutting down Edleman will be key to beating NE. Thoughts?

I think having a receiver with a similar skill set is helpful. However, aside from skill, what has made players like Edleman, Amendola, and Welker so productive in NE is Brady's release time and accuracy in the short game. He gets the ball out so quickly and placement is so accurate, it is almost impossible to defend. Brady consistently hits his receivers underneath with even the slightest separation, and also puts the ball in a location that, far more often than not, allows the receiver the potential for YAC.

It has always been his strength.

• Like (+1) 1

Edleman and Beasley fill a similar role, but are not similar athletes.  Edleman is a superb athlete that happened to be a QB before and then played DB/WR to make it in the league, hes smart as hell and even more quick and explosive.  Beasley is not fast nor particularly quick, he works like hell and has a pretty good eye for finding soft spots, offers a lot of nothing after the catch outside of a dive forward. I see why the Cowboys couldn't have him as their best WR.  He's more of a safety blanket than a game changer.. Edleman can BURN you.

20 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Helps...what exactly? Sorry your comma placement is twisting my brain

Wow.. Getting fired up over a misplaced comma this early? You must TOTALLY freak out reading the GDT on Sundays. I didn't realize perfect gramma and punctuation was required.... My Apologies... :w00t:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think having a receiver with a similar skill set is helpful. However, aside from skill, what has made players like Edleman, Amendola, and Welker so productive in NE is Brady's release time and accuracy in the short game. He gets the ball out so quickly and placement is so accurate, it is almost impossible to defend. Brady consistently hits his receivers underneath with even the slightest separation, and also puts the ball in a location that, far more often than not, allows the receiver the potential for YAC.

It has always been his strength.

Its funny to here people say stuff like this.  Their passing game has not been good against us recently.  If we stop the run they are gonna lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Edleman and Beasley fill a similar role, but are not similar athletes.  Edleman is a superb athlete that happened to be a QB before and then played DB/WR to make it in the league, hes smart as hell and even more quick and explosive.  Beasley is not fast nor particularly quick, he works like hell and has a pretty good eye for finding soft spots, offers a lot of nothing after the catch outside of a dive forward. I see why the Cowboys couldn't have him as their best WR.  He's more of a safety blanket than a game changer.. Edleman can BURN you.

I think playing with Brady has blinded people to ehat Edleman is.  He may be a better athlete than Beasley but for God's sake he doesnt burn you.   His yards per reception is exactly .6 of a yard better than Beasley over their career.    When you talk about touchdowns per season Beasley has Edleman.  The difference is really targets.  Edleman is targeted a ton and Beasley spent most of his early career as a 4th wideout.  Not saying Beasley is better at all.  But lets live in reality a bit when it comes to what Edleman is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Its funny to here people say stuff like this.  Their passing game has not been good against us recently.  If we stop the run they are gonna lose.

I don't disagree. I think we match up better with them in the passing game than people realize and their running game has not been good this year - that is why I believe the Bills will win this game.

In general, however, the short passing game has been the bread and butter of Brady's career - and he has been very good at it.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Wow.. Getting fired up over a misplaced comma this early? You must TOTALLY freak out reading the GDT on Sundays. I didn't realize perfect gramma and punctuation was required.... My Apologies... :w00t:

sorry every once in a while my meds wear off and I get a vague recognition of the idiocy surrounding all of us. We good now don’t worry.

• Like (+1) 1

actually Beasley was the more explosive athlete at the combine Better 40 , better vert  Go look at the numbers  Did  more reps on the bench as well even though he is 20 lbs lighter and 3 inches shorter  Patriots have simply always used the mismatch between a quick slot guy vs a linebacker  Dabol is just scratching the surface of creating mismatches and exploiting them.  As Josh gets better diagnosing pre snap we will see more and more of Beasley and the backs underneath

• Like (+1) 1