Great Expectations

Mikie2times

11 hours ago, KzooMike said:

My fellow Bills brothers, I'm born and raised outside Detroit. No ties to WNY. I have been a Bills fan since 1991, I'm 37. So 18 years of dedicated service. Understandably well short of many of you on these forums.  I fell in love with you and this team because they stood for what I felt I stood for, even as a kid. Resilience, excitement, loyalty, incredible devotion from the fans and then the glory of football played in that region with weather. You would be surprised how many of us are out there. As an outsider I can tell you I can't imagine what it is like playing for the Bills. On a national level, very little recognition (of course that comes with success) but on a local level, 1,000,000 Watt Light Bulb in a smaller market.

Prior to this season I made a post about expecting this team to make the playoffs. It was widely dismissed. Now as it has been with each year I have followed the team when we performed early, expectations are shifting. It's good keeping in line, our bar was set at 6 wins by the best sports brains in the world (Las Vegas). I thought it was a laughable number. That said I'm starting to see the complaints of our beloved team get more granular. Concerns that you would make if you had Super Bowl aspirations. This team is not at that point yet. If they win Sunday they are not at that point. They aren't at that point until they get to that point. We have reason right now for incredible optimism and excitement and I stand behind my playoff prediction.

Lets stay balanced. Let's not freak the hell out this year. Allen WILL do enough to let the defense do enough to get us to the next level. Then it's possible he can do much more than enough. Let's win a game in the playoffs then lets see what happens. I don't think any of us thought the end of our playoff drought was earned. We had better teams that didn't make the playoffs prior. This team is different. They're ascending, the rest of them were all teams that were flat lined. I have a feeling this is going to be a bit of a roller coaster the next year or two but the start of some great memories. For the younger fans, something they never experienced. 

...REAL good stuff bud...thanks for sharing.......:thumbsup:...dead on with "balanced" or one game at a time.......agree on 2017 playoff nod......how many years during the drought were there where "all we need is for this, this, this and this to happen and we're in"......came up empty every time...probably the closest was 2004 when Moo's club had to beat the Steelers 3rd stringers and we're in at 10-6, ending the schneid......you know the rest....so 2017 was more of a FINALLY the stars aligned in our favor", with thanks to Dalton's "divine intervention"...Bflo's "Immaculate Reception (of a playoff spot)"..........looking at the chronology from where we were NOT and the end of 2016 to where we are today is a pretty damn good accomplishment considering a new Owner maturing as well as a rook HC AND GM learning the ropes........steady as she goes.....