Uniform Design (Revised)

Gamache518

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I do too. 

It's like a rush of color. Like you're accelerating on a motorcycle, but instead of a motorcycle it's your eyes and instead of moving your looking at color.

Buffalo Bills v New York Jets

Count me among the ~10% of color blind dudes who thought the experience of watching this game absolutely sucked balls.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, transient said:

Buffalo Bills v New York Jets

Count me among the ~10% of color blind dudes who thought the experience of watching this game absolutely sucked balls.

I'm not colorblind but I thought that combo sucked too.

23 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I'm not colorblind but I thought that combo sucked too.

That would suck from what I understand of color blind perception in regards to reds and greens - believe it is the most common manifestation.

Honestly never really considered that.

15 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I read a marketing brief once (long story, just know I had a marketing brief in hand and read it) ....and it was pretty bland and boring stuff....and then it got kind of interesting when it mentioned jersey sales for sports teams (wasn't specific about what sport) .....according to this paper, the "blackout" type jerseys appeal to "low to middle class fans under age 35" ...not a shock, but it goes on to say, "black color schemes appeal to lower IQ fans" who might not otherwise be inclined to purchase a jersey.  Went on to include a large section on black colored hats with sports logos selling well to that same population segment.  

This explains Raiduh fans...

13 hours ago, MJS said:

It's called black for the sake of black. There's no reason for it. Black is not one of our team colors, so we shouldn't have a black uniform.

I think it's people liking the Raiders uniforms. Black is their thing. Not ours.

^^^

This. Don't mess with a good thing.

10 hours ago, Utah John said:

I actually think the uniforms they have today are the best ever, at least since the 60s.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ditto. Best in the League. Silver & Black? Very cool. But nothing comes close to Red, White & Blue!

Exactly! No need to mess with perfection. The real 'America's Team' wears red, white, and blue. Seems like every year we have some version of this thread whereby some 'creative genius' feels the need to reinvent the wheel. Black? Really?? Why not go 'all in' and throw in puke-inducing teal for good measure. Ugh. Thank God the Sabres finally got it right and are bringing back their original beautiful, classic blue unis.

GO BILLS!!!

16 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I read a marketing brief once (long story, just know I had a marketing brief in hand and read it) ....and it was pretty bland and boring stuff....and then it got kind of interesting when it mentioned jersey sales for sports teams (wasn't specific about what sport) .....according to this paper, the "blackout" type jerseys appeal to "low to middle class fans under age 35" ...not a shock, but it goes on to say, "black color schemes appeal to lower IQ fans" who might not otherwise be inclined to purchase a jersey.  Went on to include a large section on black colored hats with sports logos selling well to that same population segment.  

How do they know exactly who's buying and who they're buying for... credit card info?

It seems likely just from a common sense perspective, though. Blacked-out stuff is cool and bad-ass when you're young, but then you grow out of it....generally speaking.

54 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Thank God the Sabres finally got it right and are bringing back their original beautiful, classic blue unis.

GO BILLS!!!

It's odd when teams completely change colors like that. 

Actually, I can't think of any NFL team that has done that since the merger. I can think of a few NBA teams.

21 hours ago, Gamache518 said:

I know that something like these have been seen in the past, recently I decided to revise the original photo and make the uniforms a bit subtle. I do like the Black, but not to be permanent, it just gives it a different feel/look. I understand there has been many concepts out there and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I thought i would just throw this out there to see all the feedback, anyways Let's Go Buffaloooo, let's get this 4th victory.

billsIMG_0296.jpg

2 words- BAD ASS!!!

well done ?