Uniform Design (Revised)

Gamache518

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

We need to switch up the throwbacks already, its bee. What, 12 years?

I'd LOVE the 90s jerseys... miss those red helmets 

I'm actually not a huge fan of the old red helmets but the mock up you have with JA in the red helmet, and the helmet being today's version, looks pretty darn good.  I wouldn't mind them using that one as a throw-back once in awhile.  Can we see a full version of that one with JA.  Looks intriguing.

28 minutes ago, JinxedBill said:

I like the all red ones.  Just saying...

I never thought I'd like that one in a million years but it actually works.  Wouldn't work with the red helmet though.  And they definitely should only wear the all blues or the all reds from October on.  Something about not wearing white after Labor Day or something.  I forget.

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

247Sports did a blackout of every team’s jersey. Are you affiliated with them? Or just borrowed from their model?

E6DFF801-4AA6-46EF-990B-27876EAB5B12.jpeg

I am not affiliated. I did see this design and thought it was a bit much but something made me like the concept with adding the black. I understand  that Buffalo represents Red, White, Blue but I wanted to revise it a little but wanted to be more subtle with the design, but believe me, I love our uniforms now and I’ve been a die hard fan now for over 30 years, I’m not big on a dramatic change but I also love anything to do with design and just wanted to see how everyone felt of the concept.

I understand the idea behind a "black out" optional uniform.  Many uniforms around the league would lend themselves to this idea much better than Buffalo's, however.  

Our red, white, and blue with a bunch of black simply doesn't work from an artistic perspective.

I read a marketing brief once (long story, just know I had a marketing brief in hand and read it) ....and it was pretty bland and boring stuff....and then it got kind of interesting when it mentioned jersey sales for sports teams (wasn't specific about what sport) .....according to this paper, the "blackout" type jerseys appeal to "low to middle class fans under age 35" ...not a shock, but it goes on to say, "black color schemes appeal to lower IQ fans" who might not otherwise be inclined to purchase a jersey.  Went on to include a large section on black colored hats with sports logos selling well to that same population segment.  

As long as it doesn't come with Tyrod Taylor.

You're not allowed to change helmet colors so you'd have to stick with white.  I'd get rid of the blue on the jersey giving it a cleaner look.  It would be better than the hideous red.

Anyone else hear that tidbit from Beane a few months ago about bringing the 90s jerseys and helmets back as a throwback? He said something to the effect of "not yet, maybe next year...we need to prove something first."

From whatb could glean he wants a good team to trot them out. Can't wait.

23 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Anyone else hear that tidbit from Beane a few months ago about bringing the 90s jerseys and helmets back as a throwback? He said something to the effect of "not yet, maybe next year...we need to prove something first."

From whatb could glean he wants a good team to trot them out. Can't wait.

Don’t understand how he can.   NFL allows only one helmet. 

It's called black for the sake of black. There's no reason for it. Black is not one of our team colors, so we shouldn't have a black uniform.

I think it's people liking the Raiders uniforms. Black is their thing. Not ours.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sorry, we're the Bills....not the Bears.

Do the Bears have a black uniform now?