Take the Ball if we win the toss.

JohninMinn.

Let's go old school.  Remember when the most important thing was to have the football to score?  This goes against the fashionable algorithm way of doing things but the Bills will be making a statement that shows a lot of confidence right away!

Buffalo 24

Patriots 13

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Our strength is the D, not the offense.  So give the ball to NE first and let the D go out and make a statement to get the crowd going.

That can backfire, however, if Brady drives straight down the field and scores.

Could be pretty demoralizing.

I would still play the odds, have confidence in the D, and give Brady the ball to start the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

No, defer, which is what we always do. Dont start overthinking things just bc we are playing the pats

Agree. I’d like to start with the ball in the 2nd half. I love McD, but who do you think might make better halftime adjustments? I’d rather delay that agony and limit the Pats*  2nd half possessions as much as possible. . 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Best thing ever is to get the ball and score at the end of the 1st half and then get the ball to start the 2nd half and drive down the field and score as well. Teams that do that usually win.

I always want the ball to start the 2nd half. Always.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

No, defer, which is what we always do. Dont start overthinking things just bc we are playing the pats

I think we should take the ball in first quarter every game.... We have struggled mightly in 3rd quarter. All 3 weeks we haven't come out of the half ready to play

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Our strength is the D, not the offense.  So give the ball to NE first and let the D go out and make a statement to get the crowd going.

That can backfire, however, if Brady drives straight down the field and scores.

Could be pretty demoralizing.

I would still play the odds, have confidence in the D, and give Brady the ball to start the game.

As you said you still start on D. It's our strength. If we keep them from scoring than we'll get the ball to start the 3rd and keep it out of marsha's hands....

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I think we should take the ball in first quarter every game.... We have struggled mightly in 3rd quarter. All 3 weeks we haven't come out of the half ready to play

I dont think that has anything to do with us getting the ball or not at the half

Not me or most NFL coaches. Sending the lamb out to slaughter early is not how we want to open. BB feasts on inexperienced quarterbacks. Let the defense batten down the hatches, get the three and out. Let them take the first body blows, maybe take a little pressure of the offense with better field position. Plus the noise level at the beginning of the game is generally louder (much louder) than the start of the third period due to people not being back from the head, beer stand..... NE can be had but the game is going to have to be low scoring for that to occur, which for me starts with the D setting the tone early.

the only thing to do before the deferral option was take the ball if you won the toss

now it's best to defer for so many reasons above the reason to receive the opening kickoff

we saw this with college for many moons before the NFL woke up