Report: Jay Gruden’s job could depend on Sunday’s game vs NYG

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

So, if he beats one of the worst teams in the NFL he’s safe? This game is enough to overlook everything since 2014? Nice organization...

He stinks

But think of the Headlines and ticket sales

Haskins to start against Daniel Jones

Great battle of the Rookies !

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Oh.  Jay.  Never mind.

he has been winding down for years i might guess. maybe because Snyder though

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

It's funny when you think of what a powerhouse the Redskins were at times back in the 80s and 90s. Since Dan took over they've just been consistently terrible

Snyder is a frustrating bad owner because he is always willing to spend the money, much like James Dolan he wants to win but he can't get out of his own way to do so. If Snyder would just stop meddling in the teams affairs from a football perspective they probably would have had much much much more success in the past 20 years. Once again if an owner is cheap that sucks but you at least understand what is handicapping the team and know that winning isn't on the owners list of priorities. However if you are so thirsty for win but you are the problem then the solution is frustratingly obvious to everyone except the owner. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

That organization is rotten to the core.  Little things like misspelling London Fletcher’s name on the scoreboard the other night when they honored him.  The players are out of shape because the strength and conditioning program is broken.  Snyder wants to win but has no idea how and Bruce Allen is a snake.  It’s just a mess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He's done this so many times and failed you'd think for once he'd sit back and let football people make the football decisions.

On a hunch I ran ‘Snyder’ and ‘Short People Syndrome’ through Google, apparently a Forbes article hinted at this years ago.  SPS meets a lot of money?   ?

’Dan Snyder’s Tall Tales’ at the Washington City Paper website, dated October 8, 2010.  Please pardon my inability to direct link.

Gruden's had some tough luck on that team. He followed a 4-12 debut season (an improvement from his predecessor) with 2 winning seasons. After a down year in 2017 (7-9) they looked poised to make the playoffs starting 6-3 before losing their QB (and then losing their b/u QB) to injury. Now they're paying a A Smith a huge chunk of money to rehab.

I don't know how much influence Gruden has over personnel, but it's fair to wonder if the reason for some of their draft blunders and personnel problems (i.e. mediocre talents like Josh Norman eating up their cap space) is their meddling owner. Snyder is a fan who thinks he knows better than the pros, and can't seem to help himself from overruling them.

He's the common denominator in Washington over the last 20+ years.

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That organization is rotten to the core.  Little things like misspelling London Fletcher’s name on the scoreboard the other night when they honored him.  The players are out of shape because the strength and conditioning program is broken.  Snyder wants to win but has no idea how and Bruce Allen is a snake.  It’s just a mess.

Allen is a snake, yes, but Snyder is the king cobra in that organization. Just a lousy person - vain, petty, thinks he’s smarter than he is - from everything I’ve read.