Report: Jay Gruden’s job could depend on Sunday’s game vs NYG

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So Jay Gruden is doing what every other coach does - Back-up QBs run the scout team and starters run the offense due to limited training time.

It sure seems like it was leaked by someone with no knowledge of how an NFL team prepares.

When they decide it is time to start Haskins then they will do everything to try and get him ready at that time.  Anything prior to that takes away from game planning for the rest of the team.

That team is a mess!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

It is still very peculiar to me that Haskins has not only not gotten a shot with the first string offense, but is running with the scout team. 

RB on the team Chris Thompson says that’s normal, then Brian Mitchell fires back and says it’s not 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

RB on the team Chris Thompson says that’s normal, then Brian Mitchell fires back and says it’s not 

Steve Tasker was talking about this today on OBL - said basically on the teams he was on the starters got almost all of the snaps in the primary offense and the back-ups got almost no snaps and had to run the scout team and it has become more common with less practice time.

The back-ups are expected to listen and pay attention in case they are needed for emergency work, but they should get very little work in the offense unless they are needed.  It is a huge mental preparation time for back-up QBs.

I honestly thought Gruden would get fired after The last game. Keenum looked like crap and the team has been mediocre for too long. At 0-3, I think their season is done and they are staring a top 5 pick square in the eye. Fire Gruden and let Haskins start to see what you have. This is a good year to need a qb with Tua, Herbert, and Fromm, so the more you know about your current qbs the better.