Jim Kelly and Josh Allen Break Down Some Film Together

stosh64

12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Wont let me upload the screenshot but it blew my mind that first time giving a ball away cost almost 6k and second time is 12k. How does that improve the brand? $150 ball to create a hardcore life long fan isnt worth it to the brand? That garbage makes me hate the league

You can hand kids footballs after you score...

You can't launch the ball into the stands because Josh Allen throws 70mph and can literally kill someone

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

You can hand kids footballs after you score...

You can't launch the ball into the stands because Josh Allen throws 70mph and can literally kill someone

Fighting over Josh Allens football could literally kill someone If you think about it.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Locomark said:

FYI-----Jim Kelly threw for under 60% in 8 or his first 16 games and that's after 3 years of professional football in the USFL......

Took John Elway 10 years to hit the 60% barrier for a season.

While I'm not sure it's the ONLY reason, one reason the NFL doesn't like balls being thrown into the stands is, each team only brings a limited number of balls. I'm not saying 2-3 balls are going to make a difference. But there are a finite number (as well as being a separate pool of kicking ball). If it became a real thing/trend---well, they could be buying back balls from the stands. Yes, they COULD just supply more balls for every game. Sheesh, with the money this game makes. But I think that's one reason why it's OK to give them (and even toss them, I think*) after the game. 

* I don't know what the rule is. But I've seen players gently toss (short distance) balls on occasion, after the game. Never heard about any fines for it.

2 hours ago, The Dean said:

While I'm not sure it's the ONLY reason, one reason the NFL doesn't like balls being thrown into the stands is, each team only brings a limited number of balls. I'm not saying 2-3 balls are going to make a difference. But there are a finite number (as well as being a separate pool of kicking ball). If it became a real thing/trend---well, they could be buying back balls from the stands. Yes, they COULD just supply more balls for every game. Sheesh, with the money this game makes. But I think that's one reason why it's OK to give them (and even toss them, I think*) after the game. 

* I don't know what the rule is. But I've seen players gently toss (short distance) balls on occasion, after the game. Never heard about any fines for it.

Funny you should mention this, I recently stumbled across the NFL Operations site, gives a lot of back ground info, including that each team provides 24 balls per game....

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-game/preparing-the-footballs-for-nfl-games/