I officially believe that the Bills will win this weekend!

Jobot

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Little flashback for everyone who is new to a successful Bills team...

long long long ago when the best era of Bills football was just starting, the team loaded with multiple future hofers had an uncanny knack for playing up or down to their competition. They’d win the ones they should’ve won by landslides with the narrowest of margins and last minute heroics.... then they’d slay giants that based on the former, they had no business beating. 

Thats just one reason I’m beyond excited for this weekend to see where things are.  

So we should expect the SuperBowl losses to start piling up.?

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

The Bengals game was kind of bitter/sweet to me. We dominated the game and barely won. I was happy we won but then shortly after didn't feel much.  I was curious if that's what being a fan of a winning team felt like.

Being favored in a game and having everyone expect us to win is one thing.  Being an underdog is where we have lived for so long that it made every win that much better. 

I'm hopeful for this weekend but the amount of positivity coming from here and gmfb and wherever just feels like I'm setting myself up for a bad Sunday. 

I'm more than happy to be wrong though.  My wife makes sure I am daily. 

I know what youre saying, but I do believe that is the past.  We are now a team that makes a game plan to beat a certain opponent and we execute that plan.  If we have the lead we wont budge from that plan.  We seem to make adjustments in the 4th quarter rather than the half.

We were getting beat 16 to nothing in the Jets game. lol what game did you watch Week 1.

1 hour ago, Jobot said:

The thing that had been bothering me about this upcoming game vs NE, is that Buffalo just hasn't played a complete game so far this season.  They've looked so great early in all 3 contests, and then just seem to coast.. .Why is that??  However, my revelation is that with NE in town, there is zero chance of this happening! This Sunday, watch as the Bills trade punches with NE for 1.5 quarters before establishing total dominance in the 3rd and 4th quarters.  This game will mark the end of the Patriots control of the league for REAL this time!

Edited by formerlyofCtown

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I really hate you for this. I was even keeled all week and now you throw optimism and a reason to think that we are witnessing the start of something great?

I really don't know how to handle a team that is successful. 

1 hour ago, colin said:

same thing here.  i finished watching the come back last week and just knew we'd lose this one, hoping to keep it reasonable.

now i'm full of hope and ready to get crushed.

Youve had three consecutive weeks of euphoria.  

Time to jump all in and if we’re all crushed.... so be it. 

Just beliveing they can can win any game even when their down... that’s completely new for some but and old welcome familiar place for some of us and it’s tine to get back there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I know what youre saying, but I do believe that is the past.  We are now a team that makes a game plan to beat a certain opponent and we execute that plan.  If we have the lead we wont budge from that plan.  We seem to make adjustments in the 4th quarter rather than the half.

We were getting beat 16 to nothing in the Jets game. lol what game did you watch Week 1.

I watched the same game as you. They weren't as dominant against the Jets as they were against the Bengals. 

I didn't know what to expect to start the season so the jets game was kind of a "let's see what happens". 

They are definitely beatable, no question. As long as we eliminate the mistakes, we can definitely win this thing. Can't throw hero ball int's. Can't kick a 62 yard FG at the end of the half when you still have a chance to gain yards with 7 seconds on the clock and come away with no points. Can't fumble in the red zone. If we finish these drives, instead of let points get away like last week, we win by 10. 

31-26 Bills and yes, I must be crazy. Big day for the offense and just enough on D to make it stick. Bills win 1st half. Pats come back to make it a 1 score game. D hangs on at the end. 2 sacks for Hughes. Knox has a breakout day. Brown fares reasonably well, but Allen grows up a pinch with his best NFL game to date with 3 TD passes and a 3 yd TD run to go along with several other good scampers. Thousands will leave with larengitis after shouting "Let's go Buffalo!" for the entire game. The respect for this team will grow considerably as national writers will start digging deeper to find out why.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SaratogaMike said:

I officially don't. I don't think we can stop their run.

I think we will absolutely stop their run.  But, Brady is the problem.  I don't think NE will run the ball much unless they have a 2 score lead.

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

31-26 Bills and yes, I must be crazy. Big day for the offense and just enough on D to make it stick. Bills win 1st half. Pats come back to make it a 1 score game. D hangs on at the end. 2 sacks for Hughes. Knox has a breakout day. Brown fares reasonably well, but Allen grows up a pinch with his best NFL game to date with 3 TD passes and a 3 yd TD run to go along with several other good scampers. Thousands will leave with larengitis after shouting "Let's go Buffalo!" for the entire game. The respect for this team will grow considerably as national writers will start digging deeper to find out why.

That would be awesome!  I hope that is what we watch on Sunday!

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I watched the same game as you. They weren't as dominant against the Jets as they were against the Bengals. 

I didn't know what to expect to start the season so the jets game was kind of a "let's see what happens". 

You talked like we had the lead right of the bat in the Jets game and let them back in.