Bills QB Josh Allen becoming a must-watch player

MJS

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...ugh...back under my rock...SMH.....damn senior moment.............

Honestly, I'd prefer the senior moment or short memory when it comes to the games that we have blown over the years.   Seems like we have had too many. 

I was really worried about last week being one of them. 

Edited by The Wiz

I have friends that are fans of other teams but they won't miss a Bills game now that Josh is our QB.

They find him highly entertaining and very watchable.

Between his cannon arm and his running ability he is very fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don't live in WNY anymore, but I can tell you that Josh Allen is not yet a must-watch amongst the average NFL fan.  He's not talked about much outside of WNY or the hardcore NFL media types.   People know of him, but they aren't fascinated by Josh Allen like they are Baker or Lamar Jackson...or now Daniel Jones.    If Josh looks great this weekend and the Bills beat New England, that will change. 

That began to change in a big way after last week. I have read countless tweets from both writers/bloggers and other teams fans that have all basically said the same thing: I didn't think Allen was any good but he clearly is and has a ton of talent.

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

there is HYPE and then there is too much HYPE 

Get your feet back on the ground fellow Bills Fans 

if the Bills get crushed . It won't look good.

There is still things Josh needs to polish up 

SCREW THAT.  I'm all in and I couldn't care less what "it looks like" if we lose big.  For the first time in decades, I see a team truly on the upswing, so I'm even going to enjoy the part of the journey where we will lose some (even some we should win), because we'll also win a few we probably shouldn't as well.  You want to be careful and not get your hopes too high or get ahead of yourself, no problem.  I believe in this management team and coach, and I believe in our young QB, and I believe where this team is headed and I'm going to be as feet off the ground as I want to be while it happens.  So there!!  :P  ?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly, I'd prefer the senior moment or short memory when it comes to the games that we have blown over the years.   Seems like we have had too many. 

I was really worried about last week being one of them. 

...I refuse to waver from by new mantra......down 16-0 to the Jets, and I shut it off anticipating to read about the oops..."L" on TBD...wrong answer......Bungles took the lead 17-14 so AGAIN, I shut it off anticipating to read about the oops..."L" on TBD...wrong answer...damn right I ain't changing now......:thumbsup:.....

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

That was exactly my issue with Tyrod.  Even when he needed to take chances throwing he didn't.  In fact he regressed from when he was starter and usually that is coach telling him not to take chances.

Yep, and pretty much every QB in a Bills uniform before him till you get to Jim Kelly (except Fitzpatrick. He was always willing to risk it. Just didn't have the arm to back it up.)

41 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Only 3 things I ask

#1 On the Patriots 30, 4th and 1 Do not kick field goals against this team

#2 The Patriots will make adjustments at half time, change it up

#3 Do not give the ball to Tom Brady with 1:23 left in the 4th, in a 6 point game, we will lose. Brady launches those long passes looking for pass interference. Oldest trick in the book....

I tend to agree, but the Patriots have lost games in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line too. Brady threw an INT against Philly. Just not usually what happens.

In fact, I'd like to see Josh Allen get it with 1:23 left in the 4th in a 6 point game. He's shown a few times already that he can get it done. Would have had another if Clay catches that ball in Miami last year. He thrives in those "game on the line" situations.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don't live in WNY anymore, but I can tell you that Josh Allen is not yet a must-watch amongst the average NFL fan.  He's not talked about much outside of WNY or the hardcore NFL media types.   People know of him, but they aren't fascinated by Josh Allen like they are Baker or Lamar Jackson...or now Daniel Jones.    If Josh looks great this weekend and the Bills beat New England, that will change. 

As a Josh Allen and Bills fan from Wyoming I can say he is "must watch" here, and not just in WNY or or among hardcore fans.  However I also have to admit that given our small population, the sample size is low.  This Sunday could make a difference in the number of interested Josh Allen fans, but as far as I'm concerned, for those who don't follow his career, it's their loss.

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I refuse to waver from by new mantra......down 16-0 to the Jets, and I shut it off anticipating to read about the oops..."L" on TBD...wrong answer......Bungles took the lead 17-14 so AGAIN, I shut it off anticipating to read about the oops..."L" on TBD...wrong answer...damn right I ain't changing now......:thumbsup:.....

Can I ask you please to not even turn on your TV? 

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can I ask you please to not even turn on your TV? 

....LMAO!!.......so far so good....should I "break my W schneid"???.......we can arrange for cardiac pills to bridge the time for the eventual "W"....:thumbsup:.....BOURBON is the nectar of the Gods in these tense moments.....but I do run short on ice..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The anticipation of knowing he's capable of pushing the ball downfield for chunk plays no matter the down/distance, is what for me is so different from our previous signal callers during the drought--Kelly brought that same positive unpredictability, but minus his own running component. 

Obviously Kelly could not run as well but he was driven and tough. Two very different players. Let’s hope Josh continues to progress and win. 

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Well it's well know by the national media that Josh Allen is inaccurate, is only good at running, can't read defenses etc. He is the worst of the QBs drafted in is class & will be a bust.

What smart Bills fans know is this guy is an athletic & physical freak who is getting better every game he plays. His completive spirit & will to win are off the charts. His leadership shills are growing & his teammates love him. ( check out comments from his teammates)

2 hours ago, MJS said:

What do you think in this article or the comments in the thread are inaccurate or "too much hype"? These are all just observations. Nobody is saying that Allen is an elite QB. Nobody is saying the Bills will win the Superbowl. But Allen IS an exciting player to watch and the Bills ARE undefeated and look to be on the right track towards consistent success.

I haven't seen a single poster, even the ones that think we are going to beat the Patriots on Sunday and win 12+ games this year, who have claimed that Allen is a finished product or does not have things to "polish up".

Oh did I say that out loud???

its VERY early and as much as I enjoy all presumed improvements I want to stay grounded.  

As to what needs to be polished up.    See every post game presser.    He readily states his faults and failures.    

I love what Josh and Bease are doing and John Brown etc etc .  

So, don’t make the wrong assumption. 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Oh did I say that out loud???

its VERY early and as much as I enjoy all presumed improvements I want to stay grounded.  

As to what needs to be polished up.    See every post game presser.    He readily states his faults and failures.    

I've got something that needs to be polished

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

To me right now the offensive line improvement in pass protection is a mirage.....Josh Allen and his ability to move is making them look better then they are.....

Which I expected at the beginining of the season...the OL has been almost entirely changed and need time to gel....but right now it is what it is

They are definitely better than last year both in the run and pass.  Specially the run.