Your Top 5 Most Entertaining Bills Seasons

4 hours ago, MJS said:

My earliest Bills memories are from the 1999 season. So that one is up there.

Best Bills memory for me is 2017. Ironic that the crowning moment of the season was without the Bills even on the field (Dalton's 4th down pass).

2004 with the great defense we had was interesting.

Not really any others worth mentioning for me.

I'll always remember that. Watching the Bengals-Ravens game on New Years Eve. Jumping up and down screaming with a buddy of mine that's not even a Bills fan.

Will always remember the end of the drought.

I've only been a Buffalo fan since 1996 so I'll only rate from then on.

2017 - So GREAT to be back to playoffs after so long.

1999 - We win AFC and maybe SB if Flutie starts vs Tennessee, but still a fun season.

1998 - Flute breaks out and it's back to winning after a couple of lack luster years.  Another reason to hate Jimmie Johnson.

1996 - First year as a fan and we go to playoffs and should have won.

2014 - Looked like Coach Moron had us almost back only to be a quitter the next day.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

2018 - Allentown. 

2017 - Drought Ends

2006 - Bledsoe was washed up but we had McGahee, Lee, Moulds, and a sweet, sweet defense.

2002 - 1st year of DREWWWW. Offense was sick nasty. 

2019 - I have high hopes.

I'm 31, so I don't have much of a memory of the Flutie and Kelly years.

2006?  Now that's one that won't get many votes. I had to look it up - that was peak JP Losman.  ?

20 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

OJ's 2003 yard season was 1973.

My top five in no particular order and for obvious reasons:

You're right - 1973 was the Year of OJ. It's difficult for younger fans to realize how the run for an individual record can captivate fans. The closest we've come since then is the McGwire/Sosa assault on the Ruth/Maris HR record, and that was over two decades ago. (Nobody was captivated by Barry Bonds' assault on the new record; more like "horrified." And that included most Giants fans.)

For whatever reason, individual season stats don't have the same resonance that they did in the past. 2,000 yards! It seemed so completely out of reach. The season expanded to 16 games from 14, and it wasn't anymore. (And isn't today because no running back is going to average 24 attempts per game the way OJ did back then.) I grew up with certain records cemented in my brain:

- 61 (or 60) -- Maris/Babe HR record

- 714 Babe's career HR record, then 755 (Aaron's final total)

- 1863 (Jim Brown's record-setting yardage season)

And after 1973, it was "2003" - OJ's yardage record.

Quick: can anyone tell me what Barry Bonds' career HR number is? What the record is today for rushing yards in a season?

Nothing tops 1988 for me. That’s when the team really ascended. I’ll never forget the crowd at the Ralph tearing down the goalposts when they clinched the division. Where else would you ever see that? And I think that team was better than most of the Super Bowl teams.

17 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I've only been a Buffalo fan since 1996

At the Bengals game last week, talking to some fans around us, it was amazing to me the number of people who weren't around for the SB run.  Most were amazed when I told them I was at the first ever game at what was then, Rich Stadium.   Moral of the story: I'm freakin' old.

22 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

IMO in all the years of Bills football they were the best team in the entire league two times. 1990 and 1980. 

I'd include the 1964 Bills in there (better than the Browns and Colts). I could also make a case for the 1999 Bills and 1965 Bills, though it would be a bit more of a stretch. If you want to include Buffalo pro football in general, I'll include the 1920 and 1921 All-Americans.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KayAdams said:

I'd include the 1964 Bills in there (better than the Browns and Colts). I could also make a case for the 1999 Bills and 1965 Bills, though it would be a bit more of a stretch. If you want to include Buffalo pro football in general, I'll include the 1920 and 1921 All-Americans.

I considered including the 64 Bills and I think they could have possibly beat the NFL champs in a single game one on one matchup, although it would have been hard. I was just going on the fact they went up against the entire league in 1990 and 1980 and seemed to be the very best team. In 1980, IIRC, they beat both Super Bowl teams as well as both Super Bowl teams from the previous (or perhaps next year). They lost in playoffs from a ridiculous string of injuries that would have crippled any team, including QB. They had a good rush game, pass game, rush defense, pass defense, and good coaching. That was a great team. The 64 and 65 Bills also had all of those things but it was impossible to say if they matched up with their NFL counterparts. It did appear that way, but those Packer, Browns, Colts teams were loaded.

Edited by Kelly the Dog