Bill Belichick does not use Analytics

YoloinOhio

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He doesn't have to when he's got Ernie Adams behind the scenes who has a mind like no other that can remember opponents personnel/formations/plays and feed Bill details of what's more than likely to happen on the field. 

So, Darth Vader relies on Rain Man?  ?

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

i doubt there are too many people who could hang in a football chat with Bill if he was being evasive, certainly not anyone with a laptop who never played football

Well, that has me feeling deflated...?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Any coach that goes for it on 4th and short when they aren't losing is using analytics whether they think so or not. 

Not so. If something happens to line up with what analytics say, that doesn't mean you are using analytics. It means that your decision happened to align with the analytics.

People can make happy mistakes all the time.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

B.S.  he might not have a analytic team or group, but he looks at football an analytic way.  

Analytics is not referring to being analytical. It refers to statistical analysis.

• Like (+1) 1

lol they asked about IN GAME decisions.. I'm not shocked that doesnt factor in then for BB at all.. as for the 4 and short decisions if ahead... I know one was because who the QB he was facing and he believed our offense had a better chance than our Defense.. (wasnt stats but a gutt and eye test really)

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, Darth Vader relies on Rain Man?  ?

Well, that has me feeling deflated...?

one sportpodcastmouthdude a few years ago stated that baseball is for dumb people, one reason was there is no way a lot of people could discuss serious strategy with an NFL football coach if he wasn't going to respect you

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Any coach that goes for it on 4th and short when they aren't losing is using analytics whether they think so or not. 

I think Belichick does it just to rub your nose in it. He’s that kinda guy.  

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

He doesn't have to when he's got Ernie Adams behind the scenes who has a mind like no other that can remember opponents personnel/formations/plays and feed Bill details of what's more than likely to happen on the field. 

Right- he has the best analytics guy in the game. It’s a BB answer of the highest degree to say analytics arent really used there.

Edited by NoSaint