Easiest way to leave stadium

BigBobby

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

If you can, park south of the stadium and head west toward route 5. Almost nobody goes that way.

If you avoid 219 and McKinley Pkwy you'll generally be alright.

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you going to buy me a beer if i tell you the secret here?

this is it. Park at Berts Bikes on Southwestern, kinda across from the ECC entrance. you can stay till end of game if close,.(but if coming down to last play make sure you are in vestibule and ready to roll ya know..especially if you above row 12 upper deck or below row 30 lower deck( cant speak for the endzones)

Walk with some purpose back to Berts.

Right Turn on Southwestern

Quick right onto Brompton

Right turn onto McKinley

Left turn onto 179/milestrip road.t to rt 5 ( this is just about end of traffic)

RT 5 towards Buffalo  to the 190 north

190 north over Grand Island

Lasalle Expressway to it ends at Williams Road

Left turn on Williams, 2 miles you will run into airport

If game ends at 4, this route will get you there absolutely no later than 6...

now you owe me a beer!

These two strategies are consistant.  Heading south and west of the stadium before you head north gets you into normal traffic flow very quickly.  Consider Big Tree and Bay View to route 5 which would avoid McKinley and Milestrip entirely.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

These two strategies are consistant.  Heading south and west of the stadium before you head north gets you into normal traffic flow very quickly.  Consider Big Tree and Bay View to route 5 which would avoid McKinley and Milestrip entirely.

Yep, that works.

I've most often taken Sowles all the way to 75, which is about 2 miles more out of the way, but the traffic is pretty much non existent.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Alright, I defer to your expertise Sir!

i was looking at your way and was confused when you said left on Southwestern..i was thinking wrong direction!! As poster below mentions, heading the opposite way from most is what is key!

45 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

How is it getting across Mckinley after the game? hate to say, but i did not know Big Tree went all the way to RT 5, that does sound like a better option if the light at Southwestern and McKinly is not a killer

27 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

Niagara Falls has an airport?

Yup, it was a military base for years when i was a kid(Think there is still a small unit stationed there). They've had a commercial airline flying out of there for awhile now though. I think they still do the Airplane shows there every year too!

Good in this thread.   I use the same strategies people describe here, but to go in a different direction.   The fundamental points are:

1.  Park on the side of the stadium that is in the direction you want to go, because the shortest route is the best and you don't want to be driving against the flow.  So if you're going east, park on the east side, west, west side.  

2.  Park on or near the main road you're going to take.

3..  Stay off the interstates.  

4.  Stay out of the stadium lots.  Better to walk farther from the stadium and park in a small lot so you aren't in a line to get out of the lot. 

So, for me, it's like this.  I take I-90 east home, but I avoid I-90 for a long time.   I park on the south side of Big Tree not far from California.  South side because I want to turn right out of the lot -  easier to find someone who let's you in.   I take Big Tree east (what is that, Route 20 or 20A?) straight through downtown Orchard Park to East Aurora.  Then I take back roads north and east through East Aurora, Elma, Alden, and eventually head east on Route 33 to Batavia, where I catch I-90.   Usually, I'm out of traffic once I get through Orchard Park.  I-90 traffic is still heavy in Batavia, but it spreads out by Rochester.   

Niagara Falls?  Do the opposite.   Park on the northwest side of the stadium get on whatever roads take you north and west from the stadium.   Probably go all the way downtown before getting on any highway.  Pick up 190 someplace downtown and I'd guess you're on your way.  

• Like (+1) 1

Lots of good tips

I would say the #1 rule of law is to park on the side of the stadium that you are leaving.  So you want the North side.  Along Southwestern is best, that is what I do.  When I leave, I go E/N on Southwestern to hightail it out.  I have gone North on Abbot with mega-success as well.  

2nd most important thing is get to your car/vehicle on the early-side

Hustle to your car when you decide to leave.  Last week, we watched the interception, celebration, then literally ran to our car.  Was home in no time.

It is really not too bad getting out of there if you are decisive about it.  Where you get stuck is when you saunter to your car in the masses.... everyone is leaving the lot at once, the main road is plugged up, AND you have pedestrians constantly flowing in front of the driveway of the parking lot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

i was looking at your way and was confused when you said left on Southwestern..i was thinking wrong direction!! As poster below mentions, heading the opposite way from most is what is key!

How is it getting across Mckinley after the game? hate to say, but i did not know Big Tree went all the way to RT 5, that does sound like a better option if the light at Southwestern and McKinly is not a killer

The traffic is not bad going north on southwestern.  I am usually home in 20 minutes from lot 5.  Once you get by California it usually moves pretty well. I live in South Lancaster.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

It used to be the "7 corners" and require multiple police officers directing traffic.  Since they redid it it's much better.  The light for Big Tree is now at the main entrance to the Tops parking lot and is usuallly a blinking yellow after games.  I think Big Tree does connect to Rt 5 but a slight right on Bay View gets you there quicker.

• Thank you (+1) 1