Easiest way to leave stadium

BigBobby

Going to game Sunday, but have to catch a flight at 7:30 from Niagara Falls. Years ago, I used to park on the corner of California and southwestern then sneak out some side exit on California hang a right on California then a left on big tree and go the long way home to avoid sitting in traffic. Dos anyone take that route? Wondering if it's still an easy way to dodge heavy traffic jams. Appreciate the advice! Any other low traffic options? 

29 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

Going to game Sunday, but have to catch a flight at 7:30 from Niagara Falls. Years ago, I used to park on the corner of California and southwestern then sneak out some side exit on California hang a right on California then a left on big tree and go the long way home to avoid sitting in traffic. Dos anyone take that route? Wondering if it's still an easy way to dodge heavy traffic jams. Appreciate the advice! Any other low traffic options? 

That is a good place to park.  Bang a left on southwestern and take it all the way past Genessee past the buffalo airport.  You could jump on thruway about a half mile past there on the left.  You get on there & take it right to NF airport.  That will be the quickest way.  Going anywhere south of the stadium & you could be in trouble.  If you leave right after the game you will get to the NF airport by 5:30, guaranteed.  Plenty of time.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

you going to buy me a beer if i tell you the secret here?

this is it. Park at Berts Bikes on Southwestern, kinda across from the ECC entrance. you can stay till end of game if close,.(but if coming down to last play make sure you are in vestibule and ready to roll ya know..especially if you above row 12 upper deck or below row 30 lower deck( cant speak for the endzones)

Walk with some purpose back to Berts.

Right Turn on Southwestern

Quick right onto Brompton

Right turn onto McKinley

Left turn onto 179/milestrip road.t to rt 5 ( this is just about end of traffic)

RT 5 towards Buffalo  to the 190 north

190 north over Grand Island

Lasalle Expressway to it ends at Williams Road

Left turn on Williams, 2 miles you will run into airport

If game ends at 4, this route will get you there absolutely no later than 6...

now you owe me a beer!

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

you going to buy me a beer if i tell you the secret here?

this is it. Park at Berts Bikes on Southwestern, kinda across from the ECC entrance. you can stay till end of game if close,.(but if coming down to last play make sure you are in vestibule and ready to roll ya know..especially if you above row 12 upper deck or below row 30 lower deck( cant speak for the endzones)

Walk with some purpose back to Berts.

Right Turn on Southwestern

Quick right onto Brompton

Right turn onto McKinley

Left turn onto 179/milestrip road.t to rt 5

RT towards Buffalo 5 to the 190 north

190 north over Grand Island

Lasalle Expressway to it ends at Williams Road

Left turn on Williams, 2 miles you will run into airport

If game ends at 4, this route will get you there absolutely no later than 6...

now you owe me a beer!

I like my way better.  I live in South Lancaster, I park in lot 5 when I leave right after the game I am at my house by 4:35.  The traffic is not bad at all.  

7 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I like my way better.  I live in South Lancaster, I park in lot 5 when I leave right after the game I am at my house by 4:35.  The traffic is not bad at all.  

to get to the Northtowns, especially the Falls,this is the way, trust me, my whole family lives on GI, and i grew up two miles from that airport

Okay, this is the lot! Team Pro Auto Center at the corner of Southwestern Blvd and Taylor Rd, just outside of the railroad overpass. $10 to park and a loooong walk to the stadium (and back.) But when it's time to leave you will be outside of the "gridlock zone" around the stadium. Once you pull out on Southeastern you'll have a little stop-n-go traffic but you'll be on your way to the airport in no time.

Also stay off the expressways including the Thruway. Go east on Southwestern, turn left at the 5-corners intersection at Orchard Park Blvd, then take the right hand split to Union Rd. Take Union up to Genesee to the airport.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Okay, this is the lot! Team Pro Auto Center at the corner of Southwestern Blvd and Taylor Rd, just outside of the railroad overpass. $10 to park and a loooong walk to the stadium (and back.) But when it's time to leave you will be outside of the "gridlock zone" around the stadium. Once you pull out on Southeastern you'll have a little stop-n-go traffic but you'll be on your way to the airport in no time.

Also stay off the expressways including the Thruway. Go east on Southwestern, turn left at the 5-corners intersection at Orchard Park Blvd, then take the right hand split to Union Rd. Take Union up to Genesee to the airport.

He’s not flying out of Buffalo. Niagara Falls.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Take Union up to Genesee to the airport.

A few might be confused, as am I...is the OP flying out of KBUF (BNIA), or KIAG?  Oh, aren’t I fancy with the airport codes.  ?  Also, aren’t I slow with the question.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

to get to the Northtowns, especially the Falls,this is the way, trust me, my whole family lives on GI, and i grew up two miles from that airport

Alright, I defer to your expertise Sir!

• Haha (+1) 1