Diggs Available?

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

No thanks.  He is an average wideout who has name recognition.  If youre going to pay someone that amount of money go big and get a game changer.  Otherwise wait until the offseason.

He had 100 catches and 1000 yards last year with 9 TDs.  I agree Thielen is better... but he's not a chump.  While not a big dude he can make contested catches, has good hands, pretty quick.  I think he's miscast in the minnesota offense TBH.  He'd probably be a weapon from the slot too - if the team he played for felt so inclined to line him up there more.

However - if the right players are injured or a playoff team needs him.  Cooper looked LOST last year with Oakland, and still got moved for a 1st.  

I just look at it like - the only people acquiring a WR mid-season are playoff contenders, and the vikings fancy themselves a playoff contender.  Why would you help them now?  Just trade him in the offseason if you want to trade him - even if the value is worse.  Or cut him in the offseason to save some cap.

Edited by dneveu

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This one is a bit tough for me. I’ve been saying that a #1 WR is right near the top of the list for biggest needs but am not sure Diggs is that guy. If you combine that with his big contract (not that we have cap issues) I don’t believe that he moves the needle. Would he make the Bills better? Absolutely!! Is he going to push them to the next level? I doubt it. 

I guess that I’d be okay with it either way if the price was right. 

The question is, will we get a WR of Diggs talent level or better for the pick we would need to trade for him?

I’d say no. He won’t fetch a first with his contract, and we simply have had no luck in finding decent WR’s after the first round.

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

He’s been trash this year.  I don’t know if his injury is nagging him still.  

But trash....

I echo the sentiment that it is Cousins who is trash. Look at Kyle Rudolph's numbers as well. You have one of the better TE's in the league and he has 8 targets and 4 catches for 20 yards in 3 games? It's insane. Cousins absolutely raped the Vikings for that 84 mill. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

I echo the sentiment that it is Cousins who is trash. Look at Kyle Rudolph's numbers as well. You have one of the better TE's in the league and he has 8 targets and 4 catches for 20 yards in 3 games? It's insane. Cousins absolutely raped the Vikings for that 84 mill. 

Last year Cousins was fourth in attempts (and top 10 in almost all categories).  This year he’s last — by a lot.

Vikings have radically changed their game plan this year, averaging a ‘70s era 21 pass attempts per game.  Not gonna pile up many receiving stats handing off to Cook every play.

Diggs is an awesome player. Would definitely love to have him on the team. I wouldn't be upset if we sent a 2nd rounder + Zay for him. Having said that, I suspect we hold off and just wait until the draft for what should be a stacked WR class and I won't blame them for doing that either.

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Diggs is an awesome player. Would definitely love to have him on the team. I wouldn't be upset if we sent a 2nd rounder + Zay for him. Having said that, I suspect we hold off and just wait until the draft for what should be a stacked WR class and I won't blame them for doing that either.

also nothing wrong with doubling down here :)

Throw them a draft pick for Diggs AND draft another WR

Lets create the rams offense to go along with our awesome defense

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Diggs and John Brown are kind of the same player. No need for two of them in my opinion.

I just dont understand this line of thinking......they cant be on the field together because they have similar strengths?

Allen does very well with these type of players.....it gives him a extra option on any given play

If my memory serves me right, I remember him having great chemistry with Case Keenum and Sam Bradford where he put up solid numbers but has never developed that same chemistry with Cousins.  If he is available, I fully expect Beane will look into it and see why he has had those issues and if it is something a change of scenery might help fix because when he was good, he was one of the best at the position IMO.

3 minutes ago, BillsInWilmingtonNC said:

If my memory serves me right, I remember him having great chemistry with Case Keenum and Sam Bradford where he put up solid numbers but has never developed that same chemistry with Cousins.  If he is available, I fully expect Beane will look into it and see why he has had those issues and if it is something a change of scenery might help fix because when he was good, he was one of the best at the position IMO.

That article is pure speculation I don't think the Vikings would even consider this