Diggs Available?

This one is a bit tough for me. I’ve been saying that a #1 WR is right near the top of the list for biggest needs but am not sure Diggs is that guy. If you combine that with his big contract (not that we have cap issues) I don’t believe that he moves the needle. Would he make the Bills better? Absolutely!! Is he going to push them to the next level? I doubt it. 

I guess that I’d be okay with it either way if the price was right. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

Not for nothing, I would rather stick with the guys we have then go out and pursue high priced players - in spite of their ability (unless they are truly the right fit).  McBeane has built a team around a specific, hardworking character type of players with average to above average ability.   It is a platform being built for long-term, sustainable winning.  There is nothing wrong with having high priced players, but as they are showing - talent isn't everything. 

• Like (+1) 1

I like Diggs. I think he is more naturally talented than Thielen but less consistent. 

There is a price I'd pay to do it. Anyone who trades for him is on the hook for this year and next. After next year the only guaranteed money a team trading for him is on the hook for is a $3.5m guarantee that activates at the start of the 2021 league year. So cut him before that and you avoid that too. 

If the Vikings trade him now they eat $12m of dead money. That would not be a smart move for them.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Get him for a 4th before NE gets him for a 7th.

hey.. it be a conditional 6th lol

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I like Diggs. I think he is more naturally talented than Thielen but less consistent. 

There is a price I'd pay to do it. Anyone who trades for him is on the hook for this year and next. After next year the only guaranteed money a team trading for him is on the hook for is a $3.5m guarantee that activates at the start of the 2021 league year. So cut him before that and you avoid that too. 

If the Vikings trade him now they eat $12m of dead money. That would not be a smart move for them.

Unless they got multiple draft picks... and its only 1 year hit.