Does anyone miss Zach Brown? Nigel Bradham?

Markjaro

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

But that doesn't explain the compulsion to respond to every perceived disrespect of your beloved Patriots. It's like you have to stick up for them.

Are you saying that player reputations never get "inflated" by virtue of being a Patriot?

I hate the Pats but what point does making up things serve?  Again, it is widely acknowledged that we have a really good defense but the Pats are at a record setting pace.  Just be honest dude.  Hyde made a pro bowl here. So did plenty of other guys.   

And sure there are some average players who get the Pats bump - Danny Amedola comes to mind.  But it’s no different than our SB teams.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I pray you don’t really believe this because it’s insane. He always have been good.  That why Belichick paid him a lot of money. Just insane Bills fans didn’t like him because he didn’t smile at the draft.  

Never said he wasn't good.  He just appears better because, as I said, he's in a system that makes CB's look good and he gets away with ***** he didn't before.  I mean, how many guys made the Pro Bowl or even All-Pro with them and then did nothing elsewhere? 

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

I didn't say that they absolutely had to re-sign White, just that they have to make a serious effort to do so which I don't believe that they did with Gilmore -- or with Woods or Goodwin, either -- in 2017.   IIRC, it was a foregone conclusion by observers that Gilmore wouldn't be re-signed even before the 2016 season ended.

If a player's unhappy and wants a trade, that's entirely different situation than the team continually refusing to pay the going rate for young talent they developed -- and then turning around and using the draft to fill that hole.

I don't think Gilmore wanted to be here from day one. He was a good player, but he was often injured if I remember correctly and seemed to be a pillow tackler. He was a whipping boy at times because you could see him clearly blaming others on the field when the defense gave up a big play. Whether he correct in doing so, who knows? He was always going to leave. I think he would have left the Bills for the Pats even if the Bills offered him more money than they did. There were also probably discussions behind closed doors that we never knew about as well which is why they didn't pursue re-signing him. I just think he wanted out. 

I didn't say that they absolutely had to re-sign White, just that they have to make a serious effort to do so which I don't believe that they did with Gilmore -- or with Woods or Goodwin, either -- in 2017.   IIRC, it was a foregone conclusion by observers that Gilmore wouldn't be re-signed even before the 2016 season ended.

If a player's unhappy and wants a trade, that's entirely different situation than the team continually refusing to pay the going rate for young talent they developed -- and then turning around and using the draft to fill that hole.

I’m not sure where this discussion is going. My point is that there’s a HUGE variable sitting out in the equation right now and that’s the status and winning ways of the current season. If Veteran players believe the team and organization are on a upward trajectory they’ll be happy to come to Buffalo or happy to stay here.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because I’m rational and don’t live in pretend land. We have a really good defense.  They have a defense that is on a historical level right now so of course, they will get attention. 

35 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate the Pats but what point does making up things serve?  Again, it is widely acknowledged that we have a really good defense but the Pats are at a record setting pace.  Just be honest dude.  

The Pats*** have played against the following QBs:

Big Ben

Fitz/Rosen

Falk

Allen/Barkley (who still put up 370+ yards)

Dwayne Haskins

Daniel Jones (minus Barkley at RB)

Please tell me what good defense wouldn't look brilliant against this lineup?  Big Ben clearly wasn't himself, and they've played FIVE rookie or 2nd year QBs!

Meanwhile, the Bills have played against the following QBs:

Darnold

Eli Manning

Dalton

Brady

Mariota

Just a wee bit of a difference, no?

I realize you pray at the temple of all things Belichick but by the end of the year let's see which defense is ranked higher in the most categories.

27 minutes ago, eball said:

The Pats*** have played against the following QBs:

Big Ben

Fitz/Rosen

Falk

Allen/Barkley (who still put up 370+ yards)

Dwayne Haskins

Daniel Jones (minus Barkley at RB)

Please tell me what good defense wouldn't look brilliant against this lineup?  Big Ben clearly wasn't himself, and they've played FIVE rookie or 2nd year QBs!

Meanwhile, the Bills have played against the following QBs:

Darnold

Eli Manning

Dalton

Brady

Mariota

Just a wee bit of a difference, no?

I realize you pray at the temple of all things Belichick but by the end of the year let's see which defense is ranked higher in the most categories.

Haha. I actually really like you and PTR but man, you are the biggest homers.  Literally if someone compliments another team, they love that team.  And stupid me for thinking that Belichick knows what he’s doing.  Clearly, he’s an idiot.  I’m excited because this is the 15th year in a row you and PTR predicted the collapse of the Pats. 

And talk about splitting hairs about Qbs.  Basically, it’s Brady and Big Ben and a bunch of scrubs.  Why is so hard to say NE has a great D?  You guys argue about the dumbest things.  And as much as I hate their run, probably the person on the Pats side is winning the debate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha. I actually really like you and PTR but man, you are the biggest homers.  Literally if someone compliments another team, they love that team.  And stupid me for thinking that Belichick knows what he’s doing.  Clearly, he’s an idiot.  I’m excited because this is the 15th year in a row you and PTR predicted the collapse of the Pats. 

And talk about splitting hairs about Qbs.  Basically, it’s Brady and Big Ben and a bunch of scrubs.  Why is so hard to say NE has a great D?  You guys argue about the dumbest things.  And as much as I hate their run, probably the person on the Pats side is winning the debate.

While I hope you enjoyed getting that off your chest, I specifically addressed one point -- your insistence that the Pats*** have an "all-time" defense.

16 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Not sure why you put "smart" in quotations lol.  Anyway, I said the current regime...i.e. 2017 and onward...and I mentioned defense in response to letting Gilmore walk.  I don't know why people seem to link the current regime and ownership with those of the last 15 or 20 years...a LOT of new people.

Very simple:   Russ Brandon took control of the Bills in 2006.  Between 2006 and 2013, the Bills were 49-80 with no winning seasons, but Pegula retained Brandon while easing out most of the "old regime" in the Bills organization.   Between 2014 and 2017, the Bills went 33-31 with 2 winning seasons and a loss in a WC playoff game.  For that mediocre record, Pegula promoted Brandon to boss of both the Bills and the Sabres.  If Brandon hadn't sexually harassed the wrong Sabres employee, he'd still be charge of the Bills and the Sabres even if his teams seemed "genetically predispositioned" to losing on the field/ice.

I would say wood.  Gilmore is a man coverage type guy.  Not as good in zone.  I don't think he looks as good in our defense.  Same reason Ramsay didn't really make sense for us.  Theres nothing wrong with being a good player that is a bad fit.  Robert wood with our current wrs would look pretty good I think.

31 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Very simple:   Russ Brandon took control of the Bills in 2006.  Between 2006 and 2013, the Bills were 49-80 with no winning seasons, but Pegula retained Brandon while easing out most of the "old regime" in the Bills organization.   Between 2014 and 2017, the Bills went 33-31 with 2 winning seasons and a loss in a WC playoff game.  For that mediocre record, Pegula promoted Brandon to boss of both the Bills and the Sabres.  If Brandon hadn't sexually harassed the wrong Sabres employee, he'd still be charge of the Bills and the Sabres even if his teams seemed "genetically predispositioned" to losing on the field/ice.

Huh?  Just because they kept Brandon it doesn't mean there's a link to the old regime/style other than him.  And he was basically a figurehead/business guy while McBeane ran the real show.

• Like (+1) 1

I think you are overvaluing the contribution to the on-field product that Brandon would have had with the current Beane/McDermott team.  I firmly believe, while Russ Brandon would likely be around based on his continued failing upward, but I don't think he would have had much of a hand in drafting, free agency, etc.  I think Beane/McDermott have a firm grasp on the control of the organization.  That is all I was saying.

1 hour ago, dgrochester55 said:

My initial thought would be Gilmore, but if they kept him, they wouldn't have likely drafted White so that is a push.

Woods is the one that I always thought Buffalo should have kept.   Steady production and would be a great fit for Josh Allen.

Everyone keeps talking about how the Bills should have kept Woods.  I recall reading at the time that he wanted to go to a west coast team to be closer to home. Did the bills make him an offer, likely they did, but probably not enough to outweigh his desire to head west coupled with it probably didn't help much that the Bills were a losing team his years here.  So you want to go west, and it hasn't been much fun playing here, likely other than an obscene offer by the Bills he would have left.  He was a FA, can't keep someone who doesn't want to be here.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because I’m rational and don’t live in pretend land. We have a really good defense.  They have a defense that is on a historical level right now so of course, they will get attention.  They are in the SB every year so of course they get praised.  You act like it’s some conspiracy.  When you are in the midst of one of the greatest dynasties in sports history, you are going to get a lot of attention.

instead of pretending like they aren’t really good, let’s him we get better and start getting our own attention.  You are a great fan but you have to stop with the persecution complex.

I loved Gilmore, he’s a really good corner. Wish we could have kept him.

If you want to be rational then rationalize that really good teams get the benefit of doubt when it comes to officiating.

It happened with the the early 90s Bills as well. We got the calls at important times.

Gilmore gets the benefit of playing for BB and a great team. He’s no longer called for holding or PI because of who he plays for.

If you watch his game you will see little difference in it from here to there, with exception to calls.

No jealousy here, he’s really good and he made a great career choice.

I believe if you put Tre White on the Pats you will hear about how a great a corner he is. He would get national coverage.

Thats the difference between Boston and Buffalo, it’s no secret, it’s no fallacy, it’s reality.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/15/2019 at 5:23 AM, ganesh said:

But Gilmore did not play at the same level while in BUffalo.  It could have been due to bad coaching or the player preserving himself for the big contract and to play with a contender.  He didn;'t want to play a second contract with Buffalo.

I thought he was on his way of being what he is now in NE, if he would have stayed and with this coaching staff I think he'd be just as good but he didn't have that luxury. I'm a big fan of tre though and have no doubt in my mind he can play at the same level as Gilmore is now someday in the near future.

On 10/16/2019 at 10:57 AM, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Everyone keeps talking about how the Bills should have kept Woods.  I recall reading at the time that he wanted to go to a west coast team to be closer to home. Did the bills make him an offer, likely they did, but probably not enough to outweigh his desire to head west coupled with it probably didn't help much that the Bills were a losing team his years here.  So you want to go west, and it hasn't been much fun playing here, likely other than an obscene offer by the Bills he would have left.  He was a FA, can't keep someone who doesn't want to be here.

With Woods it's 100% hindsight.  He had done little to warrant what the Rams gave him, but it paid-off big-time for them in terms of production and what receivers started to get paid, so kudos.