Does anyone miss Zach Brown? Nigel Bradham?

Markjaro

On 9/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, StHustle said:

Robert Woods.

I know he is having a slow start with Kupp and Cooks ahead of him on the depth chart but he showed last year what he is capable of. Would have liked to see him paired with Josh. Imagine having him instead of Zay Jones.

And I remember back at the old BBMB he got less respect then Zay did 

On 9/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, SoTier said:

Peters would have been #1 on my list, too, except that he was traded outside the window of the last five years.  He was traded in 2009 when he was just in his prime -- and a decade later, he's still better than anybody the Bills have had at that position before or since, including Cordy Glenn.

I hated this trade...you developed a stud but then trade him for just 1 1st that you use on an OL you in essence replace who you traded.

i understand  you can’t keep  everyone but you should focus on keeping certain players...

core you keep....

QB

LT

other OL

top receiver WR or TE

Puss rusher DE/LB

CB

DL

LB

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not terribly concerned about Gilmore moving on, even in retrospect, because even when the Bills have sucked they still seem to have a talent for picking up top-shelf corners.  

And I'd take Tre White over Gilmore straight up every day of the week.  Both would be nice...but I'm not really upset at how it worked out, either.

White over Gilmore?  Based on what?  Certainly not based on straight up play.  If you said based on age and contract I would agree.  But Whaley not giving Gilmore an extension after year 4 was dumb and McD letting Gilmore walk without compensation was worse.  Even if they did not want him on the team, they could have tagged him and gotten compensation for him like Texans did with Clowney.  Bad decisions at the time and look even worse now.

White is 4 years younger, cheaper, and nearly as good.  And then factor in the opportunity cost of drafting a CB in the first round instead of another position of need like QB or LB that year.  

Many different ways to spin in it. But we are here and now.  Gilmore is defensive player of the year through 6 games and the Bills are 4-1 with a great chance to make the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 1

Of guys still in the league and contributing,:  Woods, Peters and Gilmore.

But we have replaced Gilmore at a very high level, IMO. So I'm really OK with that. 

Peters is getting a bit long in the tooth and has a disturbing injury history. With that said, I still miss him. One of the organizations bigger screwups.

Probably miss Woods the most. He really is a special football player, IMO. Not elite WR, but does everything at a pretty high level. Great team/organization guy, too. I think I'd trade any of our current WRs for him.

I miss watching Nigel Bradham play. I don't miss his boneheaded penalties.

On 9/27/2019 at 4:31 AM, Utah John said:

So who are the candidates?

DB: Gilmore, Darby, Robey-Coleman, Jairus Byrd

LB: Zach Brown, Preston Brown, Bradham

DL: can't think of any

OL: Levitre, but he's retired

RB: McCoy, Gillislee

WR: Watkins, Wood, Goodwin

TE:  Can't think of any

Who did I miss?

Levitre looked like hot garbage when he left the Bills IIRC. Of course so did Byrd.

Ooh I love me some Robey-Coleman

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P