Jerry Hughes versus who for the Patriots?

TigerJ

2 hours ago, KW95 - JA17 said:

I watched the game and didnt notice JH55...AGAIN....but hey, last year he was a leader in the PRESSURE Stat.....

Look Hughes is far from a problem with this team but at some point, can we stop making excuses why he doesn’t get sacks or make more impact plays?  All great pass rushers get held. Aaron Donald gets tripled teamed.  

This D is an elite pass rusher away from being one of the best groups in Bills history.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/29/2019 at 4:40 AM, Tiffany980 said:

Since 2009, teams have been called for 28 RTP penalties against Brady. 28 penalties in 6824 attempts. That's 0.41 penalties per 100 pass attempts.  Obviously, the "You can't touch Brady" nonsense is 100% made up and false.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php? 

Meanwhile, Brady is the 7th most sacked QB in NFL history. In reality, teams are allowed to hit Brady at will...

The board doesn’t deal well with facts

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Look Hughes is far from a problem with this team but at some point, can we stop making excuses why he doesn’t get sacks or make more impact plays?  All great pass rushers get held. Aaron Donald gets tripled teamed.  

This D is an elite pass rusher away from being one of the best groups in Bills history.  

Murphy is the problem not Hughes. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

When Tom retires at the end of the year are you going to be ok? He is done. The league is going to abuse him to get back at him for 19 years. The oline coupled with his inability to move and how scared he is. This is going to get ugly for the Pats. 

Have you seen the state of the AFCE? NE has the only competent owner and the best coach. NE will own the division until the other 3 teams change owners and get QBs. Allen, Darnold, and whoever the Dolphins trot out aren't winning anything.

On 9/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, Tiffany980 said:

Since 2009, teams have been called for 28 RTP penalties against Brady. 28 penalties in 6824 attempts. That's 0.41 penalties per 100 pass attempts.  Obviously, the "You can't touch Brady" nonsense is 100% made up and false.

Meanwhile, Brady is the 7th most sacked QB in NFL history. In reality, teams are allowed to hit Brady at will...

???  — Brady over the course of his career has been sacked at a rate of 4.8 percent per dropback. That ain’t even remotely close to 7th most. I can come up with 10 Bills qbs off the top of my head who have been sacked at a higher rate. 

Edited by dave mcbride

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

???  — Brady over the course of his career has been sacked at a rate of 4.8 percent per dropback. That ain’t even remotely close to 7th most. I can come up with 10 Bills qbs off the top of my head who have been sacked at a higher rate. 

Brady is the 7th most sacked QB in NFL history. Here's the link...https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_career.htm

The rate I posted wasn't a sack rate. It was a roughing the passer rate. Brady rarely gets roughing the passer calls. https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?

Perhaps your "off the top of my head" stats are more accurate than the NFL's official stats, but I doubt it...

14 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Have you seen the state of the AFCE? NE has the only competent owner and the best coach. NE will own the division until the other 3 teams change owners and get QBs. Allen, Darnold, and whoever the Dolphins trot out aren't winning anything.

Apparently Denial IS a river in Egypt...

Obviously, the "You can't touch Brady" nonsense is 100% made up and false.

Official to Miami defense: "Take it easy on Tom.  Don't touch him"

It's all over the place so don't even try to deny it.

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Apparently Denial IS a river in Egypt...

Official to Miami defense: "Take it easy on Tom.  Don't touch him"

It's all over the place so don't even try to deny it.

It's a struggle to take anything you say seriously when you actually believe that nonsense. Especially when Brady is one of the most hit QBs in NFL history with very few roughing calls. I've posted links earlier...

24 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

Yes or no answer please-

will you keep coming here if the Pats season falls apart and they lose to the Bills in December? 

That site is total bunk, read the guys blog, HES A PATS*** FAN

not affiliated with the NFL, doesn’t identify his source data...

so bunk it pisses me off you’d try to pass this crap as reality..

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Yes or no answer please-

will you keep coming here if the Pats season falls apart and they lose to the Bills in December? 

Of course I will. Will you keep coming here while the Bills season continues to fall apart now that they've lost their SB?

1 minute ago, Say When... said:

That site is total bunk, read the guys blog, HES A PATS*** FAN

not affiliated with the NFL, doesn’t identify his source data...

so bunk it pisses me off you’d try to pass this crap as reality..

So prove that the data is wrong then. Otherwise no one really cares because you're not making any point. Goodell is a Jets fan. So what? How has the fact that the commissioner of the league is a fan of a rival helped them?

9 minutes ago, Tiffany980 said:

It's a struggle to take anything you say seriously when you actually believe that nonsense. Especially when Brady is one of the most hit QBs in NFL history with very few roughing calls. I've posted links earlier...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-getting-special-treatment-dolphins-linebacker-claims-ref-told-him-to-stay-off-patriots-qb/

"Although there's no way to 100 percent prove that the ref said this, McMillan's story seems to check out. At one point in the game, you can see him put his hands up in the air after making a hit on Brady. Also, after the play, it appears that both McMillan and Brady were looking at the ref, who was set up behind the Patriots quarterback."

9 hours ago, Tiffany980 said:

Brady is the 7th most sacked QB in NFL history. Here's the link...https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_sacked_career.htm

The rate I posted wasn't a sack rate. It was a roughing the passer rate. Brady rarely gets roughing the passer calls. https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?

Perhaps your "off the top of my head" stats are more accurate than the NFL's official stats, but I doubt it...

??? — he has played an incredible number of snaps over nearly 19 seasons! Of course he’s going to have more sacks than most given that he may well up play more snaps at qb than any other qb in history when it’s all said and done. That’s irrelevant, though, to how frequently a qb is sacked (a far more indicative stat), and he gets sacked at a fairly low rate. Except for the first season he started in, he’s always been sacked at a low rate.The roughing rate is far more germane to the point you’re trying to make. As for the Bills, I did indeed find 10 QBs off the top of my head who were sacked at a higher rate. It’s all on www.pro-football-reference.com .

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

??? — he has played an incredible number of snaps over nearly 19 seasons! Of course he’s going to have more sacks than most given that he may well up play more snaps at qb than any other qb in history when it’s all said and done. That’s irrelevant, though, to how frequently a qb is sacked (a far more indicative stat), and he gets sacked at a fairly low rate. Except for the first season he started in, he’s always been sacked at a low rate.The roughing rate is far more germane to the point you’re trying to make. As for the Bills, I did indeed find 10 QBs off the top of my head who were sacked at a higher rate. It’s all on www.pro-football-reference.com .

The narrative was that whenever anyone even breathed on Brady they would get flagged for roughing the passer. Obviously, that's total nonsense. The reality is that teams rarely get flagged for hitting TB12. That's what this is about.