Jerry Hughes versus who for the Patriots?

TigerJ

7 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Was just gonna day this. The Dline should all have clocks in their heads this game for sure. They likely won’t get to Brady enough but if they all make mental notes to get their hands up at around the 2second mark, they’ve got a shot to disrupt him in other ways. 

The way to get to Brady is up the middle.

39 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Found a website that keeps track of penalties:  www.nflpenalties.com

I'm assuming it's got legit numbers.

Pats were called for offensive holding two times in Week 1, three times in Week 2 and then once in Week 3.

Not sure anything can be determined by just looking at those numbers.

wow 3 times against the Dolphins?

8 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. Was just gonna day this. The Dline should all have clocks in their heads this game for sure. They likely won’t get to Brady enough but if they all make mental notes to get their hands up at around the 2second mark, they’ve got a shot to disrupt him in other ways. 

Also, the defensive backs and the linebackers who are covering potential receivers can’t let any separation happen from the get go.

13 minutes ago, Codyny13 said:

Every pass will come out on a 3 step drop in less than 2.25 seconds and they’ll try to get Sony Michel going.

I think they're gonna try a chip Jerry with a RB/TE then use them in passing game. The X factor in this game is gonna be Trent Murphy. He has to produce some pressure from other side.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

UNLIKE most teams the Pats have the BEST Offensive Line Coach in the NFL.  He will have the line ready and Hughes will have 2 people blocking him and Brady will be doing quick hits to Dorsett and Edelman to tire the pass rush out then hit Gordon deep for a highlight real catch. lol or at least that will be the game plan. Brady needs less than 3 seconds get rid of the ball usually.. 

I agree that Brady will be cognizant of getting rid of the ball quickly.  That New England has a great offensive line coach is also well known.  However, regarding Marshal Newhouse, if you give a great sculptor a huge pile of turd with which to make a statue, the resulting figurine is still going to stink.  Newhouse just doesn't have quick enough feet to keep Hughes from beating him off the snap.  Cunningham has been with the the team for like 6 weeks and Benenoch for only a couple.  Scarnecchia is good, but solid line play takes technique that is learned over months, if not years.  He can teach it in weeks, but he can't make Cunningham and Benenoch learn it faster than they are capable of learning.  As far as double teaming Hughes is concerned, that's the reason Buffalo drafted Ed Oliver.  Brady will still be productive, but having a makeshift line will make things less comfortable for him.  

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The way to get to Brady is up the middle.

I agree, but having a great defensive end on the outside is something the blocking scheme has to account for, and that can only make it easier for the interior pass rush to be effective.

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

F THAT.  a few late hits early will knock Brady lady right off her game. Continued pressure will scare her like running out of tampons while on a beach vacation!!!! Imagine the sand!!!

Bills fans (including myself) call for and/or demand hits on Brady leading up to every Patriots game.

It almost never happens.

I hope someone proves me wrong.   He gets rid of the ball too soon and knows how to eat plays that bust right off the bat.  He doesn't stand around with the ball in his hand waiting to get hammered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I agree that Brady will be cognizant of getting rid of the ball quickly.  That New England has a great offensive line coach is also well known.  However, regarding Marshal Newhouse, if you give a great sculptor a huge pile of turd with which to make a statue, the resulting figurine is still going to stink.  Newhouse just doesn't have quick enough feet to keep Hughes from beating him off the snap.  Cunningham has been with the the team for like 6 weeks and Benenoch for only a couple.  Scarnecchia is good, but solid line play takes technique that is learned over months, if not years.  He can teach it in weeks, but he can't make Cunningham and Benenoch learn it faster than they are capable of learning.  As far as double teaming Hughes is concerned, that's the reason Buffalo drafted Ed Oliver.  Brady will still be productive, but having a makeshift line will make things less comfortable for him.  

They said the same thing about the big man we got from SF last year.  Played 1 year with scar and now is the highest paid tackle in the NFL. The issue is how late they got him.  But also why they will have a TE or RB chip him as well (guessing) buy Brady an additional second. Brady and McDaniels will have a scheme together that will probably make people on here crazy.  It should be a good game and Cannon suppose be back so only 1 backup on the line. (Andrews out for the year before the year started so the center is the started period.)