How about a 17 game season?

Just Jack

It's up for discussion...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-reportedly-drops-18-game-season-proposal-now-targeting-a-17-game-regular-season/

Two months after the league reportedly proposed a two-week expansion of the season to the NFL Players Association, The Athletic's Daniel Kaplan reports that the NFL has dropped that idea in favor of something else: A 17-game season.

For now BUT ABSOLUTELY NOT SITTING FOR ONE GAME. You're get paid that extra you better be playing extra. Stop being whiney b!tc#s and get to work.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Keep it at 16 as I don't want to see all the single season records broken.  Just add another buy week so the NFL gets more tv revenue.

But what about all those 14 game records ??

• Like (+1) 2

I think the 17 game season could solve a key goal of the NFL, expansion into new markets. Each team will have to play one neutral site game like London or Mexico City, but throw in Berlin, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Toronto (eek), and I am sure a few others. And if there are not enough foreign cities how about regional games at college stadiums. Now based on the press release I have no idea if the neutral site game would be the plan, but it is sort of the only way an odd number of games works.

Edited by Klaus
  • Like (+1) 6

Im more in favor of adding the extra bye week. It would extend the season by one week increase TV revenues. Players would also get the extra break to heal up. 

Plus we keep the 16 game season and all the records. 

Seems a win-win for everyone 

• Like (+1) 2

The extra game will be a playoff game.

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Keep it at 16 as I don't want to see all the single season records broken.  Just add another buy week so the NFL gets more tv revenue.

I want anything that will begin to remove Tom Brady from the record books.

Give me a 30 game season as soon as he retires and remove the stain of him from the NFL 

Add 5 playoff games to get him out of the post season also.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

How would they decide the 17th game?  Right now, it works out perfectly in that you play everyone in your division twice, two full other divisions, and one from each division in your conference that finished with the same record as you.  

It would create and imbalance, especially with home and away games.  

To keep it even, you need to go to 18 games or simply eliminate the divisions.  Just AFC and NFC

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I want anything that will begin to remove Tom Brady from the record books.

Give me a 30 game season as soon as he retires and remove the stain of him from the NFL 

Add 5 playoff games to get him out of the post season also.

yeah who wants to wait 15 years for Mahomes to do it

28 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I think the 17 game season could solve a key goal of the NFL, expansion into new markets. Each team will have to play one neutral site game like London or Mexico City, but throw in Berlin, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Toronto (eek), and I am sure a few others. And if there are enough foreign cities how about regional games at college stadiums. Now based on the press release I have no idea if the neutral site game would be the plan, but it is sort of the only way an odd number of games works.

Really like this idea

23 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Count me as one that would like Labor Day weekend to be Opening weekend again, and not final pre-season game weekend. 

I would not like NFL to start Labor Day again.  Wife and I do our final camping trip that weekend! Keep it at 16

Edited by Bills fan since 87