Watched Jets-Pats(condensed)... My take (Pats vs Bills week 4)

akcash

EDIT: I thought Edelman was out... 

I think this kind of weakens my argument a little bit... However I'll stick with the same predictions... go Bills!

Original:

This is my opinion of week 4 Pats vs Bills after watching both Jets-Pats and Bengals-Bills condensed versions.

Last week the Pats came out fast on the Jets getting up to 20 to nothing. After that they stalled... I think they punted about 4--5 out of 6 drives in the third-fourth quarters. The left side of their line is a real weak spot which matches up with our strength... Hughes vs Newhouse should be fun to watch. Hughes although he didn't get a sack last week was putting a lot of pressure on Dalton against Andre Smith... Look for NE to have a TE or RB chip a lot on Hughes. I expect Fraiser to have a counter to that whether it be an intermittent db blitz or an LB or DB taking that player out in coverage right away giving them one less receiver.

Their Defense is nice. They have a very stout front 7 and 4 veterans in the defensive backfield... I think this game comes down to which offense can overcome the defense. On paper to me our offensive line being younger/stronger/ and more athletic has the potential to do that... I think early in the game they do that with a strategy they deployed in week one (against a stout Jets dline) with throwing alot early and often to open up the run game early in the game... Its just a matter of can our young play makers get open against their secondary... I think they can. They have shown in the first 3 weeks that Beasley and Brown can consistently beat their dbs which gets us into a passing rhythm.

If Edelman is out they're going to have some fits against our defense. Josh Gordon will have to turn it up. They are not the same offense that we saw against Miami when they had all of those pieces plus AB. I think Dorsett will get a couple chunk plays against us... I think play action to him is our biggest threat this game. Otherwise I'm not really scared of their receivers. If Edelman plays and is effective then it's a totally different ball game. 

My scenario predictions:

27-20 Bills... this only happens if we limit mistakes and turnovers... or if we have a few bonehead mistakes and we get a few turnovers.

31-17 Bills if we play a clean game and get turnovers.

24-17 Pats if we shoot ourselves in the foot and don't get turnovers.

We are the younger more physically opposing team on offense. We are not as physically imposing on defense but we are more explosive and thats more important. I don't think the Pats are built to sustain success on defense against a successful passing attack. I think their secondary is good but the linebackers imo aren't as talented as ours against the pass. 

This game is going to come down to crafty experience vs youth and athleticism... 

Some additional thoughts:

-As others have said Oliver is turning it on... He looked much better in his one on ones last week than he did in the preseason... I didn't watch him closely weeks one and two.

- Nsekhe isn't play as bad as others say he is. He got burned like 1.5 times last week and got knocked over on a run where it looked like he tripped. Other than that he did his job. I do think that he could be playing better tho. 

Edited by akcash
  • Like (+1) 2

One mustn't deny the potential for the Bills offense to be shut down by New England. Allen still has some stinkers in him at this stage of his career, and the 2019 Patriots defense might be Belichick's best overall since his Giants days.

I expect at least a quarter or two in which the Bills cannot move the ball or get out of their own way. Can they adjust to what the Pats are doing? Can the defense keep the Pats close enough while the offense struggles? 

Difficult to predict the Bills offense performing better against the Patriots than they have against three inferior opponents (with respect to points, primarily). Would be delighted to be proven very wrong. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

One mustn't deny the potential for the Bills offense to be shut down by New England. Allen still has some stinkers in him at this stage of his career, and the 2019 Patriots defense might be Belichick's best overall since his Giants days.

I expect at least a quarter or two in which the Bills cannot move the ball or get out of their own way. Can they adjust to what the Pats are doing? Can the defense keep the Pats close enough while the offense struggles? 

Difficult to predict the Bills offense performing better against the Patriots than they have against three inferior opponents (with respect to points, primarily). Would be delighted to be proven very wrong. 

Bills offense will score 17 points....If the other 2 phases will need to chip in with a TD or give us some really short fields. I believe we will pull it out.

11 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think one can predict they might perform better.  The issues they have are self-inflicted, penalties, turnovers.  Those are correctable.  No defense they played dominated them.

1 hour ago, krf139 said:

Hughes will be held on every pass rush and will likely never be called

He pretty much is every play and he still is putting pressue on the QB

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I think the max points the Patriots put up against the Bills is 21. We need 4 touchdowns to ensure victory. 

If this is the case all we need is 3 TD with one having a 2 point conversion...

Edited by matter2003

12 hours ago, krf139 said:

Hughes will be held on every pass rush and will likely never be called

Yup...and then he will get so upset he will be called for 2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties and be ejected from the game...then the refs and BB will fist bump on the sideline...as a flying dilldo smacks Brady in the face mask. ?

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

how has their center looked?  we always seem to get pressure around the ends but tom steps up.  their starter is out so i'm curious if we can get in toms face and make him uncomfortable. 

karras has been fine. He doesnt have the experience of Andrews but he is bigger and stronger. Brady makes the line calls anyways.