Grade McDermott's 2019 performance

GreggTX

Sean McDermotts wee 3 grade  

195 members have voted

1. 1. McDermott's Report Card. Give him his grade to date.

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

18 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....sure 2019 is on paper, but how do you feel about the progression OR regression starting with McDermott's arrival in 2017?....fast forward to 2019 three games in.....where do we stand versus the Polian era or better yet the post Polian era?....how do we match up with the Polian era versus the seventeen years hence?.....

I like what Beane and McDermott are doing, and they are rebuilding the team much like Polian did in the 1980-90's. The Bills had Jim Kelly and of course the Bills have Josh Allen. What we are seeing here is a Bills team that is suddenly unfolding. Another poster said something to the effect that the Bills are going to be good...yet they already are. The Polian era Bills did the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

He gets a C for passing on Mahomes.

...and how many pundits looked at an "Air Raid QB" as if he was from a leper colony?......plenty of quotes about an "Air Raid QB NEVER makes it in the NFL"..........so he defies the purported "never makes it" odds with a fantastic year 2 and great start to year 3......having Andy as his HC is certainly a benefit IMO.....how many of the alleged "never detractors (TBD posters included)" have switched camps piling on the "shoulda....coulda...woulda bandwagon"?.......correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mariota's collegiate background "the spread" which employs a somewhat similar offensive philosophy?.....and he is working out....how?......let's be realistic about "missing"........

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and how many pundits looked at an "Air Raid QB" as if he was from a leper colony?......plenty of quotes about an "Air Raid QB NEVER makes it in the NFL"..........so he defies the purported "never makes it" odds with a fantastic year 2 and great start to year 3......having Andy as his HC is certainly a benefit IMO.....how many of the alleged "never detractors (TBD posters included)" have switched camps piling on the "shoulda....coulda...woulda bandwagon"?.......correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Mariota's collegiate background "the spread" which employs a somewhat similar offensive philosophy?.....and he is working out....how?......let's be realistic about "missing"........

I know... Time starts now. Lets live in the moment. The Bills are moving forward with Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I know... Time starts now. Lets live in the moment. The Bills are moving forward with Allen.

...damn good call bud..."get over it".....quickly in the QB arena, Brady was a 6th & Montana was a 3rd........swung on and missed......how about other positions?.....Bosworth?...or Kiper's proclamation that Tony Mandarich "was a man among boys.....sure fire HOF'er".....2004 draft..."Losman is the heir apparent gunslinger to Fave to the Pack at #23".....honorable mention to Jaws saying "Losman is extremely smart with the football"...OR...."Trent Edwards is the real deal".....OR .."Kaeperinck has the ability to be in the top ten QB's of all time".....the "shoulda....coulda....woulda...list" is LONGER than War and Peace.....SMH......BUT...Mahomes was a Whaleyism so it lives on......

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...damn good call bud..."get over it".....quickly in the QB arena, Brady was a 6th & Montana was a 3rd........swung on and missed......how about other positions?.....Bosworth?...or Kiper's proclamation that Tony Mandarich "was a man among boys.....sure fire HOF'er".....2004 draft..."Losman is the heir apparent gunslinger to Fave to the Pack at #23".....honorable mention to Jaws saying "Losman is extremely smart with the football"...OR...."Trent Edwards is the real deal".....OR .."Kaeperinck has the ability to be in the top ten QB's of all time".....the "shoulda....coulda....woulda...list" is LONGER than War and Peace.....SMH......BUT...Mahomes was a Whaleyism so it lives on......

Right on! Brady was a 6th rounder...Marino rotted until the end of round 1. What is that old saying? "Listen son, try not to live with regret!" 

• Like (+1) 1

Can't argue with three and ohhhhhhh baby...

Only some minor tweeks and this is a no brainer ...end of half there have been opportunities for a bit more aggressive plays to score that I do not think have been properly managed and played a bit close to the vest......And I think this has also fed a bit inot the poor second half starts on offense that with the leads we take the foot off the gas a bit too much and would like to see them not play scared.  

I think he has done a terrific job of getting this team in a great team mindset and has them ready to play every week.  The Bengls waz a perfect trap gme with the patriots on the schedule the next week and they were clearly focused on that weeks opponent. 

15 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I fully believe the Bills have the right coach. More sold on him than any of the other major figures in the org.

I agree. McDermott is building a great foundation that will get incrementally better with new talent. One more good draft, a few strategic fa signings, Josh Allens progress and this team should be fully realized.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I agree. McDermott is building a great foundation that will get incrementally better with new talent. One more good draft, a few strategic fa signings, Josh Allens progress and this team should be fully realized.

He wins close games. His teams have done that since his arrival. When's the last time the Bills had a coach whose team's didn't find a way to LOSE close games? That goes a long way in my book. Not that I've written one even intend to write one.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, Chandler#81 said:

Much improved. Frankly, he needed to step up his game and he has. Crippling Penalties are way down. The team seems always ready to play. He’s a smoldering fire who encourages the players. Obviously missing so far are the horrible blowouts that have plagued him his 1st 2 years. 

I gave him an A also. He is really in tune and the players have bought in. 

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

He wins close games. His teams have done that since his arrival. When's the last time the Bills had a coach whose team's didn't find a way to LOSE close games? That goes a long way in my book. Not that I've written one even intend to write one.

Agreed. McDermott's teams are those kind of teams that won't go away when you are playing them. You have to beat them soundly in most facets of the game. This team is just getting started, and like I said this whole process is happening right now! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, Doc Brown said:

I gave him a B for having his team sleepwalk through the third quarters of games.  Other than that, he's done a really good job,.

ball control is part of the game, when the defense is tired.

17 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agreed. McDermott's teams are those kind of teams that won't go away when you are playing them. You have to beat them soundly in most facets of the game. This team is just getting started, and like I said this whole process is happening right now! 

I gave him a B. just to motivate to work harder !
He has built one hell of a team and team philosophy. seems they are All buying in. and its a solid foundation showing the benefits already

never give up trust the Process, stay focused and do your job and good things will happen.

Bills currently, are one of the most focused team i have ever watched closely.

well done McBeanes 

• Like (+1) 1